We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Vote Aggie for your MoRA Overlord, 2019!
Heart 
[Image: Aggie-for-RA.png]

Welcome to Aggie's MoRA Campaign!

Aggie! 

This is very much the bragging section of the report. Who is Aggie? What does he do? Why is this relevant? What is that elephant doing on the tricycle? You answer:

Thoughts

Well, I'm not going to lie: I think the MoRA has been great. We run a brilliant magazine; ran a brilliant podcast; helped with N-DAY efforts and ran a TSP Independence festival. In short, the MoRA has been effective for the past year, and has done some amazing things.

A Very Merry TSP Winter

Here comes my first Idea: A Very Merry TSP Winter multi-regional festival.

Integration

Recently, Integration has been rather poor. The previous administration has done many brilliant things, however, integration has been a section that is lacking support and enthusiasm. It pains me to see that integration has taken a hit. I think we should do several things to do boost our integration efforts:

Integration is very close to my heart, and I think we should make more of an effort to involve new nations. It has been a depressing term for integration. I hope I can fix that. I am passionate about integration, and will look at simplifying the induction process into the MoRA. Let's work on integration. 

Managerial Structures 

Activity

Activity has been a major problem withing the MoRA. I think we should change that, by allowing gamesiders to take part in an indirect way as well (See: INTEGRATION). I also hope to boost our integration efforts, recruiting elsewhere within TSP; On Discord, and re-vamping the application system so that people don't necessarily need to apply through discord, but can apply through a form in the forums (or a google form); or by a Telegram. People shouldn't always he associated with the discord.

I also hope to create a monthly minister's address which basically gives updates about what the MoRA has done. I hope this will generate interest, as well as activity. 

Continuing Work

I would, firstly, like to thank Rebeltopia for being an excellent MoRA. I hope he will continue to serve TSP until the day NS dies. The MoRA has done an excellent job, mainly in the field of journalism. I hope we can continue that work- running SWAN; Coco-Press; Organising annual festivals. This has been a great year. I don't hope to stop any of the progres made. I hope that the work that the MoRA has done in the past will continue to do so. I love the MoRA, and I hope it will continue to flourish under any leadership.

I love y'all!

Aga/Eunopiar

Mostly does boring things.
[-] The following 6 users Like Aga's post:
  • Divine Owl, Jebediah, Poppy, Seraph, Somyrion, USoVietnam

A Dispatch Version is available here: https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispat...5425/raw=1
 [Image: Aggie-for-RA.png]

Please Feel Free to Ask Questions. 
Aga/Eunopiar

[-] The following 1 user Likes Aga's post:
  • Poppy

I have one question for you: you aren't a newbie, are you?
DON'T TOUCH MY PRINGLES

Nuked the hill (sorry for that, Frost <-<)

„Known for infuriating spam and a spurious claim to having a conlang, but being alright as it goes.” -Seraph, 2020
[-] The following 2 users Like TheBig0tt0's post:
  • Aga, Poppy

(10-04-2019, 12:12 PM)TheBig0tt0 Wrote: I have one question for you: you aren't a newbie, are you?

I have recently celebrated my first birthday on NS! 

I've never held any senior positions, but I have been a fellow of the MoRA for roughly 4 months and a legislator for (almost) 6 months.
Aga/Eunopiar

• Poppy

If you had to eliminate/consolidate a department of the Ministry as it currently is organised, which would it be and why?
ProfessorHenn
Legislator
[-] The following 2 users Like ProfessorHenn's post:
  • Aga, Poppy

(10-04-2019, 12:33 PM)ProfessorHenn Wrote: If you had to eliminate/consolidate a department of the Ministry as it currently is organised, which would it be and why?

Currently, there is one department in particular: Integration. No, I wouldn't eliminate it. I would look at strategies to involve more people in TSP. Integration, and support for it has been lacking. 

I wouldn't eliminate any departments within the MoRA, as all of them have an important role within the ministry. No department is organised badly, integration just needs more support than others.
Aga/Eunopiar

• Poppy

I loved doing RealTime but statistics showed a lack of enthusiasm for it and there was a lack of willingness to participate. What would you do to combat this issue of us having great ideas that don't get traction?
Above all else, I hope to be a decent person.
Has Been
What's Next?

CoA: August 2016-January 2017
Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021
[-] The following 2 users Like Omega's post:
  • Aga, Poppy

(10-04-2019, 04:23 PM)Omega Wrote: I loved doing RealTime but statistics showed a lack of enthusiasm for it and there was a lack of willingness to participate. What would you do to combat this issue of us having great ideas that don't get traction?

We have many brilliant actions that don't have traction. Good ideas don't always have the required traction.

RT is a toughie, because it requires a VC to do it. Many people don't feel comfortable giving interviews, then having their voice heard, in the literal sense. So interviews are difficult. This may mean that we see recurring interviewees, which may become rather monotone. 

I think there are several things we can do to combat bad interest in good ideas: 
  1. Look whether it is accessible and interests  everyone: This is vital. The bulk of people who live in TSP (gamesiders) wouldn't listen to TSP politics. I'm not saying that RT should cut out politics completely, however, RT should consider what people listen to, and mix up their lineup, or create a TSP politics podcast, and a not so political podcast (this may lead to an increased workload)
  2. Ensure that it is advertised: I was quite surprised when it wasn't advertised across the board as much as it should have been - it consisted of a coco-press ad and a dispatch. It should be propagated everywhere! 
  3. If there is still no uptake.... We should take the idea back to the drawing board- is it viable? If not, should it be restructured? 
I hope this answers your questions.
Aga/Eunopiar

[-] The following 2 users Like Aga's post:
  • Omega, Poppy

Unless you are an exceptionally motivated individual (*looks at Escade*), it is very difficult for any one minister to be intimately involved in every aspect of the ministry given its wide portfolio. What project management skills do you possess which will allow you to manage a cohort of this size effectively?
[-] The following 3 users Like Amerion's post:
  • Aga, Poppy, Rebeltopia

(10-05-2019, 07:00 AM)Amerion Wrote: Unless you are an exceptionally motivated individual (*looks at Escade*), it is very difficult for any one minister to be intimately involved in every aspect of the ministry given its wide portfolio. What project management skills do you possess which will allow you to manage a cohort of this size effectively?

Firstly, I would strive to have at least minimal involvement with each department, and would like to be involved in the workings of the MoRA departments. 

I wouldn't like to provide you with a set list of skills, because, quite frankly, I don't know what they are, but I can provide you with a list of project managerial experience:  Although I won't mention which projects I've worked on, I've project managed research to do with creating eco-friendly and off-grid public buildings, with a focus on schools. It overall, went well. I'm also plan lessons for a careers assistance organisation, which provides careers support in schools. 

With regards to the managerial structure of the MoRA, I would appoint similar positions, but I would appoint a consistencies advisor, who would advise me on what the previous leaderships of the MoRA have done, and would ensure that previous projects are continued, so that the ideology and project list doesn't change completely (I will update campaign thread shortly, I've been thinking about this for quite a while, and decided to go ahead with this). I would also ensure that the MoRA always has a deputy, who can efficiently run the MoRA in case I urgently need to apply for a LoA (which doesn't seem to be the case currently).

The deputy MoRA would also have the responsibility to make decisions in case the minister vanishes for a prolonged period of time (not including resignations). I will make attempts to codify this into law, whether or not I'm elected. 

I would also try and ensure that each department has a "deputy senior fellow", who would run the department if the Senior Fellow disappears. This would make it easier, as it would eliminate the need to restart the application process for senior fellow. Again, I've been thinking about these proposals for quite a while, and have felt that these are viable, as they don't re-vamp the ministry completely, but allow ideologies to continue without a complete death of ideas.
Aga/Eunopiar

[-] The following 2 users Like Aga's post:
  • Amerion, Poppy