We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

TSP does NaNoWriMo 2019

TSP does
[Image: NaNoWriMo.png]

Welcome to the official thread of TSP does NaNoWriMo 2019. This'll be your one-stop shop to tell everyone that you're taking part, sharing your synopses, offering encouragement and advice and we'll also be posting writing prompts and other ideas in here as and when, so keep an eye on it for more information in the future!

Are you taking part in NaNo? Let us know below and don't forget to join us in the NaNo Hangout channel in the regional Discord server, too!
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8
[-] The following 3 users Like Seraph's post:
  • Aga, Penguin, Rebeltopia

So, you might've guessed that I'm taking part in NaNo this year. I'll be continuing Chronicles of Dust and Air, which I began during NaNo 2017. It's a semi-steampunk, anime-inspired fantasy about war, religion and shiny crystals (and also science and technology and feminism).

And this is me on the NaNo site. Feel free to buddy up with me!
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

I'm taking part this year, having previously completed the challenge on one occasion. My goal is just to write something. Anything above 10k will be fine by me.
[-] The following 3 users Like Kaschovia's post:
  • Nakari, Roavin, Seraph

I've been writing a short story in a medieval society where everyone is born with a certain "luck factor." Obviously, the higher your luck factor, the easier it is for you to advance in society.
Concrete Slab
Coral Guard Member
5x Local Councillor 
TSP Legislator and Citizen
Ambassador to the League 
Author of GAR #471, #479, and SCR #271
Co-author of SCR #300
Founded 1/25/18
[-] The following 2 users Like Concrete Slab's post:
  • Nakari, Seraph

(10-30-2019, 12:40 AM)Concrete Slab Wrote: I've been writing a short story in a medieval society where everyone is born with a certain "luck factor." Obviously, the higher your luck factor, the easier it is for you to advance in society.

Sounds interesting. Do you think you might include it as part of a NaNo challenge?

My goal for NaNo this year is to write a prompt a day. This way I have a number of options to look at and see what I want to develop when it’s not so much pressure.
This is Penguin!!
Nothing Gold Can Stay
Penguins shall one day rule the pie!
And by "pie", I mean "World"!!
Goddess Empress Queen Princess Lady of TSP 
Lilium Inter Spinas // Non timebo mala
I have done a lot of things in the Region in my History.
There's a list somewhere if you wanna go looking. 
[-] The following 3 users Like Penguin's post:
  • Nakari, Rebeltopia, Seraph

For NaNoWriMo I'm going to write a story that's different from my normal ideas. It will concern the perspective of a tree in a massive boreal forest just by a lake throughout an entire year.
[-] The following 2 users Like phoenixofthesun14's post:
  • Nakari, Rebeltopia

That sounds really interesting, actually. I hope you share some of it.

Day one total: 2,797
Character deaths: 1
Snow badgers skinned and eaten: 1.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Seraph's post:
  • Nakari

Day 1 Stats:
3421 words
3 deaths
100 dumplings eaten
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nakari's post:
  • Seraph