We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Appointment of a New Prime Minister

Amerion has recently announced his resignation as Prime Minister on Discord, stating the following: 
Amerion Wrote: Good evening @everyone , I would like to discuss with the Cabinet Ministers and our Advisors the likelihood of my resignation. When I ran for this position, I did so on the assumption that with the holiday coming up, I would have an inordinate amount of time to dedicate to NationStates and as such, it would be beneficial to be PM at this time so I could enact an effective agenda. However, as the last few weeks have made rather abundantly clear, that is no longer the case. You may have noticed that I am not on Discord as often as I should be. I am actually overseas at the moment, on an unexpected family holiday that will go on for a month. As such, I am absent throughout most of the day doing ‘holiday stuff’ and when I return at night, I am too tired to focus on the serious business of governing. At this point, I do not envisage these RL commitments easing in the month of January due to possible academic engagements. As we have exceeded the halfway point in the four-month term, I put it to the Cabinet to discuss my replacement.

Following that, the cabinet discussed the possibility of Roavin; Nakari or Seraph. The Cabinet also discussed the option of elevating a current minister, but decided that it was not feasible at this time. 

Please state your views here.

Could someone also clarify who would create a statement on the appointment?
Aga/Eunopiar

Mostly does boring things.

I would personally nominate Seraph, as he has cabinet experience, and has also volunteered to be a Prime Minister. He has served as MoRA for a record breaking three terms, suggesting that he has the resilience to continue as PM for the next 1.5 months. As far as I'm aware, Seraph has no plans to run for delegate (if a potential PM would, it may cause another appointment.) I would be against Nakari because she is currently the chair of the Assembly, which could cause a special election, and I will have to have a long hard think about a potential Roavin Prime Minister. I also would consider elevating a cabinet minister, however, none of the cabinet ministers have volunteered.
Aga/Eunopiar

I'm sorry to see Amerion go. I agree with Aga's assessment that it would be best to appoint a minister not currently in the cabinet- and someone that has the experience. So far, three names have been brought up: Nakari, Roavin and Seraph. As wonderful as Nakari is, her position as chair would complicate things. I believe both Seraph and Roavin are capable of taking PM. I'm officially neutral between them.
The Baggy-Eyed Exonians of
Heliseum

Legislator, Former SPSF Overlord, MoFA's #1 Ex-Intern
[-] The following 1 user Likes Heliseum's post:
  • Aga

(12-13-2019, 06:01 PM)Heliseum Wrote: I'm sorry to see Amerion go. I agree with Aga's assessment that it would be best to appoint a minister not currently in the cabinet- and someone that has the experience. So far, three names have been brought up: Nakari, Roavin and Seraph. As wonderful as Nakari is, her position as chair would complicate things. I believe both Seraph and Roavin are capable of taking PM. I'm officially neutral between them.

Thank you Heli. If we were to vote, would you abstain?
Aga/Eunopiar

I support any of the people previously mentioned. Seeing an untied opinion in favor of Seraph, I move Seraph be named acting Prime Minister.
Above all else, I hope to be a decent person.
Has Been
What's Next?

CoA: August 2016-January 2017
Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021
[-] The following 1 user Likes Omega's post:
  • Aga

Indeed. I'd also go to Seraph.

All in favour of Seraph as Prime Minister please vote "Aye".

If you aren't, please vote "Nay". 

If you wish to abstain, please vote "abstain"
Aga/Eunopiar

Aye.
Aga/Eunopiar

Aye
Above all else, I hope to be a decent person.
Has Been
What's Next?

CoA: August 2016-January 2017
Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021
[-] The following 1 user Likes Omega's post:
  • Aga

Aye
The Baggy-Eyed Exonians of
Heliseum

Legislator, Former SPSF Overlord, MoFA's #1 Ex-Intern

[Image: kvwQXxN.png]

Fellow South Pacificans,

It is with a heavy heart that I tender my resignation as Prime Minister, effective immediately.

When I chose to run for election, it was on the assumption that this summer break will provide ample opportunity to enact a meaningful agenda. However, real-life events and commitments have overtaken me and has left me in the most unfortunate position where I am unable to give this region my 100 per cent which is a disservice to both my fellow Cabinet members and our community.

To have served the region in this capacity, even briefly, is the pinnacle of my time in the South Pacific and I am only sorry to have failed TSP in not being able to serve out this term. With that being said, I would like to thank the Cabinet for their superb efforts during our term and their understanding and support of my decision. I also wish them and the new Prime Minister all the very best and look forward to the excellent progress which they will undoubtedly make.

Sincerely yours,

Former Prime Admiral General,
Amerion