We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[POLL RESULTS] Cabinet Restructuring Opinion Poll

I don't have the energy to make these results Amerion-level pretty right now, but I hope they can be informative nonetheless. Tounge

[Image: pubchart?oid=1089634972&format=image]

Out of 22 respondents, 77.3% favoured splitting the MoRA in some way. Dividing the ministry three ways -- into a Ministry of Cultural Affairs, Ministry of Media, and Ministry of Home Affairs -- was the most commonly preferred suggestion, with the support of 41.2% of those favouring a split. A two-way split into Cultural Affairs and Home Affairs was also common, with 35.3% of those favouring a split supporting it in some form.

[Image: pubchart?oid=68195509&format=image]

A majority of respondents (54.5%) wanted to create a full Ministry of World Assembly Affairs. An even larger majority of 81.8% wanted some form of multi-member structure for WA affairs.

[Image: pubchart?oid=371252827&format=image]

Whether or not a new MoCA was divorced from the current MoRA would not affect the willingness to run of 68.2% of respondents, either because they felt they would never run for either position (40.9%) or because they would be equally willing to run for either (27.3%). Of those who felt they might run for a position, 30.7% would be more likely to run for MoCA, while 15.4% would be less likely.

[Image: pubchart?oid=1448325719&format=image]

As with MoCA, a majority of respondents did not feel that a split would change their likelihood of running. Of those who felt they might run for a position, 29.4% would be more likely to run for MoHA, while 23.6% would be less likely.

[Image: pubchart?oid=1662019131&format=image]

Unlike MoCA or MoHA, a majority of respondents felt that the creation of a Minister of Media Affairs would change their likelihood of running for the office. Of those who felt they might run for a position, 47.1% would be more likely to run for Minister of Media Affairs than Minister of Regional Affairs, while 29.4% would be less likely.

[Image: pubchart?oid=1630412007&format=image]

A majority of respondents (54.5%) said that they doubted they would never participate in WA affairs. This is notable because a strong majority, nonetheless, supported the creation of a WA department, initiative, or ministry. Of those who felt they might participate in WA affairs, however, a full 80.0% would be more likely to do so if a WA department, initiative, or ministry were created.
[Image: AfI6yZX.png]
Aumeltopia ~

[Image: fKnK6O4.png]
Auphelia Wrote:Raccoons are bandits! First they steal your food . . .
and then your heart/identity!
[-] The following 3 users Like Somyrion's post:
  • Amerion, Beepee, Jay Coop

Typical. Everyone wants to create a bunch of new positions, but nobody wants to actually participate in them...
"...if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader." - Christopher Titus
Deranged in NS since 2011

One and ONLY minion of LadyRebels 
The OUTRAGEOUS CRAZY other half of LadyElysium
[-] The following 2 users Like Rebeltopia's post:
  • Amerion, Beepee

The "would never run for either" crowd is probably a group that can't be factored into when deciding how to split. I think it is clear though that the region agrees: the MoRA's portfolio is too vast and it is time we addressed it.
Above all else, I hope to be a decent person.
Has Been
What's Next?

CoA: August 2016-January 2017
Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021
[-] The following 3 users Like Omega's post:
  • Amerion, Beepee, Somyrion

It might also be worth mentioning that having an office vacant for a term isn't the end of the world, necessarily.
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8
[-] The following 3 users Like Seraph's post:
  • Amerion, Beepee, Omega

I can name a few people who would be excited to run Cultural Affairs, Media, and WA Affairs.
4× Cabinet minister /// 1× OWL director /// CRS member /// SPSF

My History
[-] The following 2 users Like Jay Coop's post:
  • Amerion, Beepee

I would happily take up a small leadership position. The reason why I never got involved was that the ministries were kind of daunting, but splitting them up might make it more manageable.
DylanPickle-

Owner of Harmakmis-Gordista and Carta-Agot

Legislator

A Cannibal of Pickles
[-] The following 5 users Like Dillguy9's post:
  • Amerion, Beepee, Seraph, Somyrion, Tsunamy