We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Vote for the Bee!

Hello Everyone....

Vote for the Bee!

It's me, Beepee and I am here again seeking your vote in the upcoming Delegate Election.

TL;DR
Vote Beepee for an active, caring, secure Delegate

So most of you know me, but for those who dont... Hi! How come you dont me?

Ahhh, timezones! *waves from Australia* Look I'm upside down!

For this campaign I thought about all the awesome things I can tell you about myself and how much I love TSP and everyone in it, but I think you probably already know that... but if you've forgotten, let's remember some of the awesome things I love to do.....

I love using emoji to spell KRINGLE whenever he posts on discord...

I love teasing IoU about his mom...

I love using the dot dot dot...

I love the RMB and all its RMBness...

I love TSP... I'd never want to put it in a bad place.

So with all that in mind, if I were elected what would I do...

1. I'll endotart my little heart out. I'm doing pretty good at it... check my links...
2. I'll be the big friendly welcome mat that everyone can use,
3. I'll be active across discord, forums and RMB... just like now, so I can hopefully balance the role and support everything and everyone, pointing people in the right direction,
4. I'll learn from the best, I'll learn from you.... so I'll take advice from the experts in the WA team and MoFA for how to vote and encourage everyone to vote that way too,
5. I'll have fun with the LC, if they still want me, and encourage cross platform integration and movement,
6. I'll love you all and support you all and feed you cake and I'll never mention "shark coup" again... and
7. I'll ask lots of people to help make sure I'm doing a good job and to slap me if I need it.

More importantly, if elected, what will I not do:

I will not push the big red button

Oh My God! Please find enclosed a NS dispatch in support of my candidacy.

https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1301961

I'm happy to answer your questions...

Love,

BEEPEE
[-] The following 4 users Like Beepee's post:
  • Divine Owl, Jay Coop, phoenixofthesun14, Seraph

Conflict of Interest

I, Beepee, in line with the requirements of the Elections Act, hereby truthfully declare the following information and conflicts of interest:

My WA and main nation is Beepee, which has resided in TSP since I joined NS.

I have a puppet called Catenham, which is in TSP for doing stuff like drafting LC legislation, TSP games and RP. Otherwise it just sits there and occasionally CTEs.

I am a former TSP ambassador, former MoRA, and Current LC.

Given the above, I believe I have no known conflicts of interest which would affect my ability to run for Delegate of TSP. Should any of the above raise concern, please ask
[-] The following 2 users Like Beepee's post:
  • Divine Owl, phoenixofthesun14

Question time!

- Firstly, if you are elected as delegate, what will you do about your current LC position?
- Secondly, how much do you plan on doing gameside, rather than forumside or on Discord, and how will you increase activity there?
- Thirdly, how, specifically, do you plan on integrating each platform of TSP better?
- And finally, how could you possibly like cake more than pie?  That is pure evil!
AIDENFIEELD
Legislator in TSP | Active User of the RMB | Former Local Councillor | Member of The Ministry Of Regional Affairs

(01-03-2020, 04:39 PM)Divine Owl Wrote: Question time!

- Firstly, if you are elected as delegate, what will you do about your current LC position?
- Secondly, how much do you plan on doing gameside, rather than forumside or on Discord, and how will you increase activity there?
- Thirdly, how, specifically, do you plan on integrating each platform of TSP better?
- And finally, how could you possibly like cake more than pie?  That is pure evil!

OH MY GOD! ... questions. Thanks Aiden.

TL;DR

Lots of ideas and a large stick

1. I'd have to resign from LC. The Elections Act says there has to be a separation of powers and someone cant hold two offices at the same time.

2. Well I think I'm pretty active gameside. I doubt anyone could argue otherwise...

But the Delegate is a delegate for all. If I were delegate I'd have to ensure that I'd carry out my functions including advising the ministers (e.g. on gameside preferences etc)...(I think I have a reasonable handle on what they want), and I've always tried to think about gameside in my forumside voting/discussions

I'd work with the LC, to promote LC activites, encourage RMBers to take part in cultural events and MoRA events. Point each side occasionally and as tenderly as possible to the other.

Getting gameside to care takes a lot of work, but the relationship I already have means its much easier. With RMB I feel it's all about being a warm welcoming bundle of joy... and really who represents that more than me?

3. I'll have a large tub of super glue that I will use to meticulously stick everyone together....

Integration's mainly a function for MoRA, and we've see moves with Aggie to move towards that more recently. But the Dels got to play their part to play....encouraging shoves towards discord/fourms... doing some massive gameside spam for an event.... encouraging gameside to vote WA block wise and have good discussions on that. I'd encourage cabinet to post more frequently on RMB. It always causes a heart flutter when they post (Omega posted today and the board went into a tizzy of excitement)...

The board can still be scary for those who haven't been there, but it's been slowed down so that
'The greatest generations' (2000-2015... does that cover everyone) can come back and not feel too out of place.

4. Black forest gateau, victoria sandwich, lamington, muffins, dutch apple cake, jam roly poly, buche de noel, baked Alaska, scones.... how could you not?

The only good pies are lemon meringue pie, key lime pie and fruit tarts. (Change my mind)

let them eat cake

Thanks for the questions.... Wink
[-] The following 1 user Likes Beepee's post:
  • Divine Owl

OH MY GOD
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]
[-] The following 3 users Like Roavin's post:
  • Beepee, Divine Owl, Jay Coop

(01-03-2020, 08:51 PM)Roavin Wrote: OH MY GOD

i love you Roav
[-] The following 3 users Like Beepee's post:
  • Divine Owl, Jay Coop, Roavin

what would you delegate as delegate?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Daytime to Night's post:
  • Beepee

(01-04-2020, 07:43 AM)Daytime to Night Wrote: what would you delegate as delegate?

Soooooo much.... and yet soooooo little.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Beepee's post:
  • Divine Owl

NatSov or IntFed?
Above all else, I hope to be a decent person.
Has Been
What's Next?

CoA: August 2016-January 2017
Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021
[-] The following 1 user Likes Omega's post:
  • Beepee

(01-05-2020, 11:28 PM)Omega Wrote: NatSov or IntFed?

Helloooooo Omega-weega!

Oh My God... what an awesome question! And one without an easy answer. I love it.....

On an WARP level I'm a Moderate NatSov.... is that a fair thing to say? That is...deal with international issues at an international level at a national issues with national level.

I get that some WARPers might want to be strong NatSov, so theres no influence from the WA on stats etc, but a major part of WA would be to allow international federalism and I think an amount of federalism is actually closer to RL and therefore more fun. IRL, a trade agreement would impact on imports/exports; some matters need international cooperation (e.g. climate matters, cross border pollution). So, in theory why wouldnt being a member of WA be a good thing from an RP perspective for those reasons. Sure you dont get everything just the way you want it, but that's life? No?

Personally I dont really care about getting #1 in the ranking systems for international trade , etc., etc,... (except endorsements if I get del)... because a small and insignificant nation like RP Beepee wouldnt be nearly as awesome as Huawan , Sedunn or Kringalia.

For a Delegate, majority TSP generally rules.... save some special provisions... like commend the Toilet Paper Pacific - NEVER, commend the Pieletariat - NEVER, support repeal of Universal Library Coalition -NEVER(...reading is important), Commend anyone in TSP - ALWAYS... (Get onto it WA Team)!

I hope that answers it, happy to discuss more if you'd like....
[-] The following 2 users Like Beepee's post:
  • Divine Owl, Seraph