We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[ANNOUNCEMENT] Impending Resignation as Chair

Dear Assembly,

While I have at many times greatly enjoyed being Chair of the Assembly, I have now found myself lacking in time and motivation for the job, even to the point of occasionally dreading it. (I thank my deputy, Phoenixofthesun14, for assisting me in my duties especially at such times).

The South Pacific deserves an enthusiastic Chair and I can’t be that right now.

You may wonder why I am resigning so close to a scheduled Chair election. I would have resigned earlier, but it would have been disruptive to the far more important Delegate elections. I have consulted with the Election Commissioner about the best time to resign to cause the least disruption possible, and the best way seems to be for the next Chair elections to coincide with Cabinet elections.

As such, my resignation will go into effect on February 5th (unless there’s a compelling reason that other scheduling would be better, I guess?). I announce this early so that anyone interested has time to prepare. I will remain involved in my other roles in the South Pacific and will maintain my duties as Chair until my resignation is official.

Nakari
[-] The following 11 users Like Nakari's post:
  • Amerion, Beepee, Daytime to Night, Jay Coop, Omega, phoenixofthesun14, Rebeltopia, Roavin, Ryccia, Seraph, Somyrion

<3 you're so amazing !!
This is Penguin!!
Nothing Gold Can Stay
Penguins shall one day rule the pie!
And by "pie", I mean "World"!!
Goddess Empress Queen Princess Lady of TSP 
Lilium Inter Spinas // Non timebo mala
I have done a lot of things in the Region in my History.
There's a list somewhere if you wanna go looking. 
[-] The following 2 users Like Penguin's post:
  • Nakari, phoenixofthesun14

Thank you for your wonderful, spreadsheety service as Chair of the Assembly. Heart
[Image: AfI6yZX.png]
Aumeltopia ~

[Image: fKnK6O4.png]
Auphelia Wrote:Raccoons are bandits! First they steal your food . . .
and then your heart/identity!
[-] The following 3 users Like Somyrion's post:
  • Nakari, phoenixofthesun14, Seraph

We will miss you! Please don't leave entirely.
Aga/Eunopiar

Mostly does boring things.
[-] The following 3 users Like Aga's post:
  • Nakari, phoenixofthesun14, Seraph

Thank you for your service, Nakari!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Amerion's post:
  • phoenixofthesun14

I sincerely hope that you get a ton of rest once your term finishes out, you're literally super awesome Nakari! A stellar Chair of Assembly, you are!
[-] The following 1 user Likes phoenixofthesun14's post:
  • Nakari

Having looked at the calendar, would it be possible to reschedule this resignation to take effect on the 6th of February as opposed to the 5th, @Nakari?

Edit: If that is possible then this is what our election timetable will look like:

[Image: IBeRaFJ.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like Amerion's post:
  • Daytime to Night, Rebeltopia

Love you naks.....
[-] The following 2 users Like Beepee's post:
  • Nakari, phoenixofthesun14

In many ways big and small, you've defined what it is to be a fantastic chair in TSP these days. When I was Chair at the end of 2018, I had been vying for the job for 2.5 years at that point, but really I ended up taking more inspiration from how you had done it than how I had imagined it in all those years prior, and much of what I did was just modifying and adjusting the things you had made precedent. I can't speak for Amerion but I presume the situation isn't much different there either. It's now up to a new generation to follow in your footsteps and to try to do the job justice. It'll be challenge for them, but on the other hand, they couldn't have a better person to look up to than yourself.

Enjoy your break - [v] knows you deserve it. Thank you for your fantastic service!
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]
[-] The following 6 users Like Roavin's post:
  • Amerion, Nakari, Omega, phoenixofthesun14, Rebeltopia, Seraph

Exactly as Roavin said — your terms as Chair have served as an inspiration to those who followed in your footsteps. I think we can all agree that you've made the Assembly a better institution <3
[-] The following 1 user Likes Amerion's post:
  • Nakari