We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[IC] Eggrarian Civil War

I was in the Thirteenth when the first attack was made.

I saw the crowd of insurrectionists begin to flock out of the makeshift barrier from a hill about a mile from my house. I saw the gunfire, the bloodshed, and then I heard exactly what was going on.

“Josua! They’re attacking! The Civil War has begun!”

Two days later, I said goodbye to my family, because I knew what I had to do.

I joined the Eggrarian military in hopes to defend our people.
~~Rose~~
You may know me as Eggraria!
Roleplayer and Writer

Minister of Culture
Legislator

Office of WA Legislation Staff
Roleplayer - the State of Eggraria

Citizen of The South Pacific above all else.

[-] The following 3 users Like rosaferri's post:
  • phoenixofthesun14, Seraph, Tin the Free

Hey mom,

There’s been a lot going on since I got to New Manifesti for the registration. There’s so many young people around here, moving in for voluntary service...I’m still so surprised that the Eggrarian youth are so keen on fighting for this. I guess because of all of the surrounding politics of it. I made a friend; he’s Huwanian-Eggrarian and very kind. Him and I were registered as ground troops. We’re starting impromptu training tomorrow. We’ll be safe. I promise you.

-Josua

It’s claimed that over 20,000 Eggrarian youth signed up for military service the day after the invasion. However, that fact was over the past few days of the time spent fighting against the Fourteenth.
~~Rose~~
Roleplayer and Writer

Minister of Culture
Legislator

[-] The following 2 users Like rosaferri's post:
  • phoenixofthesun14, Tin the Free

Training’s become harder and more pressured by the day. It’s said that it’ll be any minute before coalitions begin to form that ultimately destroy Eggraria, and that we’re the ones that need to stop it. Me and that Huwanian-Eggrarian kid were put under the same platoon, and hopefully we’ll survive.

“I never caught your name,” that kid said.

“It’s Josua. Josua Promethui.”

“Promethui? Like the Presiding Minister?”

“No, it’s different. The ending just means ‘likewise’, and that means I’m a very distant relative.”

“Ah, that makes sense. My name is Karra Li.”

Karra seemed like a relatively intelligent kid, and knew what he was doing. That’s why it shocked me so much to hear he was interested in fighting the front lines.

Right now, this is a brief explanation of the situation:
[Image: xG3pIsz.png]
Right here is a map of the districts. Each has its own provincial rule, and the 14th (that coastal one) has just split. It’s said they’re going to go for a naval attack on the 13th and a land attack on the 8th, demanding they provide assistance politically. However, this is all just speculation from the higher ups. It’s not likely it will happen just yet.
~~Rose~~
Roleplayer and Writer

Minister of Culture
Legislator

[-] The following 1 user Likes rosaferri's post:
  • Tin the Free

Tensions have been rising on the border. I’ve heard from some of the higher ups we’re going to be deployed in a nearby town to stop a plan to overtake the city and push the border forward.

I’ve been really wondering what life’s like on the other side of the border. What’s happening inside? We’ve gotten barely any information about the 14th’s internal affairs, and I’ve been terrified. Every day, we come closer to our deployment. We’ve been sent on city patrols for the past week, trying to “weed out hidden insurrectionists”. Rumors are spreading that they’re doing this to distract us from some issue inside the border.

They’re thinking about closing more schools. What the government won’t tell you is that the schools were closed because those on the border had violent students who supposedly would turn the schools into safe houses for the war...

The decision to disenfranchise the 14th from legislature’s going to cause problems, though. Plenty of the political allies of the 14th, even domestically, are going to see this as a rallying call... we’re only 3 days away from the decisions being made to throw us into the battlefield or not.
~~Rose~~
Roleplayer and Writer

Minister of Culture
Legislator

• GI-Land, Tin the Free

Episode I
A Battle for the World to See

Chapter I

“S-Surely things are going to work out, right?!” A soldier panicked next to me. “They’re our friends. Our nation’s citizens. They can’t hurt us, that’s against our code!”

A looming silence fell over the few of us in the truck. We were just waiting for that engine to stop, letting us know that we were here, at our deaths. It came pretty fast; we all expected it, and knew what we were getting into. This was the sacrifice of our generation. This was a battle for the world to see.

I looked down at my wrist, a screen plated onto a command gauntlet each of us were granted. Essentially, think a smart watch but wider.

[Image: 7XgJi9s.png]

This was the map we were given to look at. The purple line was the line of the battle’s border. The blue were where we thought insurgent backup may be. The orange boxes are our bases, and the purple stars are places of known battle. I was headed straight for the one near the Thirteenth.

“You ever lived down near the Eigth?” A soldier of my squadron spoke up.

“Thirteenth. Not really much for that area.”

“Shit’s insane over there. You think your rural life really served you any shit, well...”

He paused, shook his head, and continued.

“You don’t got no family until you’ve had to survive a fight in your hood.”

The Eigth was known for its poverty and crime. It was one of the largest capitalist sectors during the formation of modern Eggraria. It’s why a military push is being made from both sides of the battle, to give the crime-ridden streets a chance to take arms. We were headed a little north of that, making ourselves one of the more important defensive blockades.

To our south near the Third is our other big holdout. Simple enough, the Third’s where our embassies are located, and one in the Fifth. Our top priority is protecting those shores from others before nations begin to clash against us for their embassies being destroyed.

I look out from the truck to see smoke. We’re nearing the battle zone.

Silence only proves the smoke’s origin is from warfare.

“First battle, boys. Let’s see what you’ve got. Remember: these people are traitors.”
  • GI-Land, Jay Coop, Tin the Free

Chapter II

Pacitə (Peace), Eggraria

“Get down!” We heard from our truck. A Molotov went off from a crowd of insurgents in the city. Flames went ablaze as we moved through the market square of the city, other barricades moving, civilians on the side of peace running from the battle, our own reinforcements helping evacuate the city.

Soon, the truck stopped.

“Aye, why are we stopped?” The man from the Eighth spoke out.

“Civilians. A couple of live hostages.”

“Shiiiiet.”

“Let’s move to the ground,” our squadron leader demanded. “We can’t be sitting ducks.”

As we opened the hatch of the door, we spotted an ambush from behind some barricades holding down the front lines.

“On your south!” I instinctively screamed out, taking whatever cover I could to get the insurgent ambush. Shooting out at some rifle-bearing insurgents, I managed to clear out a spot for our holdout.

The rest of the men followed. Right now, we fell right into the trap of not having homefield advantage. Taking an offensive put us in a bad spot to fight. However, I was convinced we could shoot our way out. There’s no way this battle will be the end of us.

• GI-Land, Tin the Free

Chapter III

Hell would break out around the city of Pacitə. Soon after, people began rushing around the train station to block off the oncoming visitors via train. The city was traditionally used for a central train station between the west side districts. As shootouts continued between the Eggrarian Armed Forces and the Eggrarian Insurgent Militia, things began to look bleak for the battle.

It seemed as if the Insurgents were armed with sniper rifles. Many of the military trucks were shot down, killing dozens of members. Very few escaped. Of that few was Josua, who managed to get back through the city to a safe location with about 15 other men. It wouldn’t be long after the few rested.

“Get your asses out of there. We’re retreating.”

The radios used for their communication blared among the members. They seemed distraught by the call.

“Are we just gonna let them take the city like this? How did we lose?” A member of his group asked.

Josua sat down, pondering what to do next.
  • Qwert, Tin the Free

Several weeks later, the border of the insurrectionists became a wasteland of torn villages and barricades. Hundreds were displaced, and either joined the insurrectionists or the refuge of the nation’s military bases.

One military base in the 8th was taken over. It’s been split in half. The Thirteenth is supposedly the next target of the insurrectionists, planning to take over the shorelines in order to destroy the trade. They’re smart.

I’ve been pushing to get transferred to the 13th, to protect my home, my District...and you. Say hello to my brothers and my friends. I’ll hopefully be home soon. I’ll be sure to come by when I can, but under my watch, we’ll secure the fighting in the Thirteenth.

There’s also talks about getting help from the Ryccian government. The Eggrarian government isn’t too sure on that yet, but let’s hope nothing bad comes from this.

Yours,
Josua.
~~Rose~~
Roleplayer and Writer

Minister of Culture
Legislator

[-] The following 5 users Like rosaferri's post:
  • Besern, GI-Land, phoenixofthesun14, Ryccia, Tin the Free

EGGRARIAN OFFICE OF MILITARY AFFAIRS
Notice of Promotion: Josua Promethui

Dearest Josua Promethui,

Your recent affairs in the military have been overseen by your commander in the 8th District. Due to your success in the field, you have been granted the rank of Lance Corporal from your previous rank of Private. Your pay will be increased by EGD 5,000 annually. You will be given the permission to travel freely for individual campaigns under the provision you may leave your post with a stand in.

Thank you for your service.
~~Rose~~
Roleplayer and Writer

Minister of Culture
Legislator

• GI-Land, phoenixofthesun14, Tin the Free

Chapter IV

It took a while, but I finally got clearance to get to the 13th.

I had a driver, he was a private, take me to the 13th District. He would be my accompaniment for the time I was there, and the Lance Corporal in the 13th would swap with me. The both of us took the drive to clear our minds and relax.

“We’ve got two hours, sir.” The man replied to me.

“Don’t worry about formalities.” I replied.

We sat in silence.

“I never caught your name,” I asked, “and if you’re gonna be with me for the next few weeks, I might as well get to know you.”

“Alex. Alex Pamme.”

“Well, Alex, I’m Josua.”

Another moment of silence.

Suddenly, he spoke up. “You’ve...got stake in the 13th, don’t you?”

I pondered answering his question, since I only convinced the other lance corporal to leave on other matters. I supposed he was trustworthy enough, so I replied:

“It’s where I grew up. If it falls, I don’t want it to be because I couldn’t do anything.”

“I understand. I’m from the Third, so I’m really worried.”

“Well, don’t be. We might be getting Ryccian aid at our border.”

“Are you sure the Ryccians are trustworthy?”

“It’s not my place to determine that. It’s Smith’s.”

“You mean Octavian Smith, right?”

I nodded.
~~Rose~~
Roleplayer and Writer

Minister of Culture
Legislator

• GI-Land, phoenixofthesun14, Tin the Free