We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Amerion for Emperor Chair

[Image: 7DHbdST.png]
[Image: rVqSUL8.png][Image: 094JIKf.png][Image: LooGS2j.png][Image: d5qeMyI.png][Image: 09yPWdX.png]
Minions of the South Pacific!

His Majesty, Admiral-General Stewie G., the Magnificent Supreme Leader of all of NationStates, King of Kings, Democratic President and Prime-Minister-for-Life, Invincible and All-Triumphant Lord Commander of the South Watch, Chief Ophthalmologist, board-certified OB-GYN and gastroenterologist for the South Pacific Special Forces, Brilliant Genius of both Humanity and Balderans, Noble Prize winner in everything but Peace, TSPCA-approved Defender of Marsupials, and Beloved Oppressor and Ruthless Protector of the Expendable People of Amerion, has decided to once again grace the Assembly of the South Pacific with the high honour of crowning him Emperor Chair!
[Image: emQ6SRI.png]

The Southern Education Academy (SEA) shall serve as an introductory point for new Legislators. These recently admitted members of our storied institution will have the option of undertaking a number of simple courses which will provide a firm groundwork for a thorough understanding of the various functions of the Assembly as well as general comprehension of our laws. This will be accomplished through the provision of numerous informational threads placed in a dedicated sub-forum which will expand on everything from how to write your first bill to how our elections are conducted. At the completion of what is tentatively named Diploma of Assembly Studies, graduates will receive a personalised certificate and an appropriately designed badge which they can then display in their forum signature.

The intention of this particular enterprise is to not simply to increase our number of Legislators but more importantly to increase the proportion of informed Legislators.
[Image: xsen0q9.png]

The Council of Regional Assembly Legislators (CORAL) is an initiative which I am most keen on trialling. Modelled on the delightfully corrupt World Assembly, CORAL will operate at a localised level and consider resolutions relating to the more imaginative elements of our regional gameplay; whether it be the recognition of the llama as our mascot or the creation of a well-funded region-wide taskforce aimed at encouraging the procreation of pandas with how-to videos.

How we might set this up and what parameters we establish is, of course, a matter for future discussion. Nevertheless, this is an avenue of potentially productive activity which I think the Assembly is well suited in fostering and there is the strong possibility, albeit one dependent on the execution of the initiative, that this will work wonderfully and allow us to further set ourselves apart from the other major regions.
[Image: DDnxDFX.png]

The Office of Assembly Records was an attempt at gameside outreach launched several months back in my second term as Chair and it featured information relevant to the functioning of the Assembly such as a Guide to the Assembly, a Roster of current government officials as well as their contact information, and most notably, a Gazette which was distributed by dispatch ping to Legislators' gameside accounts and informed them of any votes occurring at that moment.

While I failed to complete the sections on the gameside version of the MATT-DUCK Law Index as well as the Frequently Asked Questions, I fully intend to do so in the first month or two of the term, especially as most of the time-consuming aspects of these dispatches (i.e. the guide) has been completed.

I would further seek to capitalise on these gameside resources by pinning one of the Assembly’s dispatches up on the World Factbook Entry. Depending on whether there is a vote, the dispatch may range from the Assembly Gazette to a dispatch detailing how new nations can get involved in the Assembly and the region in general.
[Image: I9GMYne.png]

Those who are familiar with my previous terms as Chair will find that there won't be a substantial change in how I operate. That is to say that I will be very methodical and professional; (1) bills will be brought to a vote within twelve hours; (2) a ping will be sent to all Legislators through the Gazette dispatch as well as in the Legislators' Lounge on Discord; (3) within the last twenty-four hours of a voting period, I will go through the Legislator Roster to see who has yet to cast their vote and personally message them to inform them of the final opportunity to have their opinion heard; (4) votes will be closed with the appropriate information provided in graphical form as to the outcome; and (5) a final ping will be sent to Legislators in the Lounge to announce the outcome of the vote as is the practice of the World Assembly in relation to resolutions.

There are, however, a number of what I consider to be wonderful improvements made by former Chair Nakari which I would like to adopt going forward. These include, among other things, providing the minimum threshold for a bill to pass in the graphics of the vote-closing post and a text-based State of the Assembly which will complement the PDF versions previously used.
[Image: lVMTJJ7.png]

Present:

I am a citizen in The South Pacific, The Rejected Realms, Europeia, and Lazarus. I hold one official position — Court Justice in Lazarus.

Former:

I have been very fortunate to have served in a few of postings over the years, a majority of which were in Lazarus over a period from January 2015 to July 2017. A comprehensive history of my NationStates activity is available upon a blood declaration of your undying loyalty towards my cause.
[-] The following 8 users Like Amerion's post:
  • Beepee, Jay Coop, Nakari, phoenixofthesun14, Poppy, Ryccia, Somyrion, VecTa

Why should voters choose you over a newer rising star like Phoenix?
Midwesterner. Political nerd. Chipotle enthusiast. 
Minister of Culture of the South Pacific // Former Prime Minister
[-] The following 4 users Like North Prarie's post:
  • Amerion, phoenixofthesun14, Poppy, Rebeltopia

(02-07-2020, 07:30 PM)North Prarie Wrote: Why should voters choose you over a newer rising star like Phoenix?

Thank you for your question Smile

I think the primary differentiation between myself and Phoenix is that while we both have pledged to diligently fulfil the duties of the office, I hope to go above and beyond and establish two new initiatives which are aimed at boosting the number of things a citizen partake in within the Assembly (CORAL) and improving the introduction process into this institution (with short but hopefully effective courses targeted at new members through the Southern Education Academy). Additionally, I intend on making incremental improvements to the existing resources provided during my last term as Chair with updates to the guide, general information, as well as the creation of templates which Legislators can simply copy and paste to write their bills.

I completely understand, of course, the desire to elevate a fresher face and would also be delighted if Phoenix were to win but I would suggest that what I have planned to be substantial improvements — if not at the very least, considered attempts at improvements — to be a step forward and one which we as an Assembly should take.
[-] The following 3 users Like Amerion's post:
  • phoenixofthesun14, Poppy, Seraph

2 questions:
1. What will you do should you not be elected?
2. Who is your favorite historical figure?
Above all else, I hope to be a decent person.
Has Been
What's Next?

CoA: August 2016-January 2017
Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021
[-] The following 2 users Like Omega's post:
  • phoenixofthesun14, Poppy

(02-09-2020, 02:58 PM)Omega Wrote: 2 questions:
1. What will you do should you not be elected?
2. Who is your favorite historical figure?

Thank you for the questions, @Omega Smile

(1) I have given the question of what I should do in TSP a substantial amount of thought after I departed as Prime Minister in December. Although I considered and still believe the Assembly to be where I can be most useful to both the current membership as well as in fostering a new generation of Legislators, if I were to lose in this election, I think I will work on a comprehensive regional guide or update the general NationStates one. Either those or move to Europeia and conquer their Senate Devil

(2) Me.
[-] The following 3 users Like Amerion's post:
  • Jay Coop, phoenixofthesun14, Poppy

I would like to first congratulate @phoenixofthesun14 on her election as Chair and wish her all the very best in the months ahead Happywide

I would also like to thank all those who voted for me. I really appreciate it ^_^
[-] The following 5 users Like Amerion's post:
  • Beepee, Jay Coop, phoenixofthesun14, Poppy, Roavin