We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

WA Department

Just to document our progress so far: We have appointed Concrete Slab as "WA Secretary", and we've created a TSP WA Department discord server (owned by me at this time), in which Cabinet, Secretary CS, and Delegate Somy are currently discussing things. CS has noted that he will write a statement formally "starting" the Department and opening up the server to the public.

I'd suggest that we let this develop organically for a month or two before we then sit down to write the formal "Cabinet policy" that establishes the WA department.
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]

So, CS has semi-retired from the game. This puts us in a pickle, as we'll need to decide on a new person to head this up.

We have three choices here, I think.

One, we ask and pick one of the very fresh faces that were participating in the WA forum (so, probably Tin).
Two, we hold an open noms process.
Three, we could go with Griff, who was WA Minister in Balder, but since he just recently returned from Balder after 2 years due to being banned for treason for allegedly attempting to unseat NES, I'm not sure that's the greatest idea of them all.

Of course, we can also, at least for a time, always opt to not make the WA secretary a junior Cabinet member initially.

What do y'all think?

Somyrion has experience writing WA proposals under the aliased Mount Seymour and Somyrion.
Aga/Eunopiar

Mostly does boring things.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Aga's post:
  • Roavin

(03-06-2020, 11:23 AM)Ski Slopes of Agalaesia Wrote: Somyrion has experience writing WA proposals under the aliased Mount Seymour and Somyrion.

Yes, but is also our incumbent Delegate. Tounge

We could find someone to become WA secretary, but we could also keep the department under joint Cabinet management as a fallback option.
4× Cabinet minister /// 1× OWL director /// CRS member /// SPSF

My History

Griff is not the best choice atm in my opinion. I am fine with any of the other options.
Above all else, I hope to be a decent person.
Has Been
What's Next?

CoA: August 2016-January 2017
Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021

Aga has agreed to take over posting the WA threads for now.
[-] The following 2 users Like Roavin's post:
  • Omega, phoenixofthesun14

... and I'd like to now move to just have Aga take over the WA secretary position. He knows the basics, knows how to get things done, and he's in here anyway, so I think that's a good choice.

And now to make it formal: I hereby move to remove Concrete Slab from the Cabinet WA Secretary position, and instead appoint Agalaesia to take over that job, at this time in addition to his existing role as Deputy MoRA (Cultural Affairs). Please do the votey votey below.

Aye from me.

Aye
Above all else, I hope to be a decent person.
Has Been
What's Next?

CoA: August 2016-January 2017
Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021