We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

RO appointments

With the Regional Officer Act passed, it's time to discuss how we use our up to 4 RO slots.

Omega had already stated on Discord that he doesn't need it - @Omega, that means I'll auto-reject any embassy request unless you say otherwise, right?

Jay should probably have one. Heli probably won't need it.

So we'd be at two. That works for everyone?
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]

Indeed.
The Baggy-Eyed Exonians of
Heliseum

Legislator, Former SPSF Overlord, MoFA's #1 Ex-Intern

That is correct Roavin. I just need to know if we see on that is interesting and I should take a look at.
Above all else, I hope to be a decent person.
Has Been
What's Next?

CoA: August 2016-January 2017
Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021

Perhaps we should take this argument into account... pulled from the discord discussion. I think there's some merit to it.

[8:00 PM] Admiral General: I mean, I probably have already said this but really, we should be prioritising Ministers over the CRS. It would be disorientating for regions seeking an audience with the MoFA because the WFE is where they would first look.
[8:01 PM] Jay (Qvait): ^ Ngl that's how I figured out who's who in the other feeders .
[8:52 PM] Heli: That's true.
[8:52 PM] Heli: Perhaps though we could list them on the WFE instead of necessarily giving a slot?
[8:56 PM] Jay (Qvait): iirc there is a character limit on the WFE, so we'd need to carefully change it if that's what we want to do. However, it's not necessary to give every CRS member a slot seeing that at least three are active and available enough for BC functions when needed.
[1:58 AM] Seraph: I'm also in favour of giving all four ministers a slot. I think it's just good pr.
[2:30 AM] Jay (Qvait): I mean, there's a reason why we went ahead and amended the RO Act, and that was to make sure Cabinet and LC slots weren't sacrificed for the CRS to have them.
The Baggy-Eyed Exonians of
Heliseum

Legislator, Former SPSF Overlord, MoFA's #1 Ex-Intern

Looking at the situation, they'll have to drop at most two CRS members. So, count me in for using all four (though I don't feel that strongly about it), plus I'd also suggest to Somy that the LC be moved in front of the CRS members in the WFE order.
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]