We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Recommendation of Qvait to the Council on Regional Security

Recommendation of Qvait (TheJayCoop) to the Council on Regional Security

It is with great pleasure that the Council on Regional Security submits to the Assembly its recommendation that Qvait (A.K.A. TheJayCoop) be approved for membership in our institution.

Qvait has a been a longtime member of the Coalition, having joined NationStates in 2012 and then the South Pacific in 2014. Although a regular presence in the South Pacific's role-play community where he created TSP's Role-play Discord server, he has contributed to other aspects of our community in notable ways. Having first participated in the Ministry of Regional Affairs as a staff writer for the Coconut Press in 2019, he has since taken on more senior roles and now serves as the Minister of Regional Affairs. Considering his dedicated service to the role-play community, his prodigious endo-taring, and his record in government, the Council is resolved that he will be a great addition to our ranks and commend him for the Assembly's approval.

Qvait currently holds 549 World Assembly endorsements, has more than 184,000 influence points and holds the rank of Apprentice. He has also been a legislator for well over the required minimum of six months, thus meeting all the technical and legal requirements for membership.

We believe that Qvait would be an asset to this Council, and express our hope that the Assembly will, after a thorough confirmation process, approve this nomination and allow him to further contribute to regional security.

The Council on Regional Security
[-] The following 14 users Like Tsunamy's post:
  • Amerion, Cuber, Daytime to Night, Griffindor, Jay Coop, Nat, Omega, Penguin, phoenixofthesun14, Rabbitz, Seraph, Somyrion, Tin the Free, USoVietnam

I am opposed to allowing this man to join the CRS. Totally shady. Af.
4× Cabinet minister /// 1× OWL director /// CRS member /// SPSF

My History
[-] The following 2 users Like Jay Coop's post:
  • Imperial Frost Federation, phoenixofthesun14

He impersonates Captain America. That alone should disqualify him.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System
[-] The following 4 users Like Kris Kringle's post:
  • Imperial Frost Federation, Jay Coop, phoenixofthesun14, Seraph

How reliable will you be at keeping at least 80% of WA nations in the region endorsed throughout your time in the CRS?
Chief Supervising Armchair
[-] The following 2 users Like USoVietnam's post:
  • Jay Coop, phoenixofthesun14

(05-04-2020, 12:55 AM)USoVietnam Wrote: How reliable will you be at keeping at least 80% of WA nations in the region endorsed throughout your time in the CRS?

Considering I spent the past five months endorsing around 100% of all WA nations, except for when I was near the endorsement cap, I'd say that I'd be pretty reliable.
4× Cabinet minister /// 1× OWL director /// CRS member /// SPSF

My History
[-] The following 4 users Like Jay Coop's post:
  • Omega, phoenixofthesun14, Seraph, USoVietnam

(05-04-2020, 12:59 AM)Jay Coop Wrote:
(05-04-2020, 12:55 AM)USoVietnam Wrote: How reliable will you be at keeping at least 80% of WA nations in the region endorsed throughout your time in the CRS?

Considering I spent the past five months endorsing around 100% of all WA nations, except for when I was near the endorsement cap, I'd say that I'd be pretty reliable. 

can confirm - I have been trying to out endorse this guy for as long as I have been here
[-] The following 3 users Like kiramber's post:
  • Aga, Jay Coop, Volaworand

Given what seem like nearly universal praise here (*eyes Jay*), I'd like to motion this for a vote.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]
[-] The following 3 users Like Tsunamy's post:
  • Jay Coop, phoenixofthesun14, Seraph

Second.
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]
[-] The following 3 users Like Roavin's post:
  • Jay Coop, phoenixofthesun14, Seraph

Ill get Jay's and Penguin's votes up tomorrow at the latest.
Fire Fire Fire Empress of Fire  Fire Fire Fire
Current Minister of Military Affairs
Chair Perch of the Assembly (February to June 2020)
SPSF Soldier
MoRA Fellow
Ambassador to Forest and Lazarus
[-] The following 4 users Like phoenixofthesun14's post:
  • Jay Coop, Penguin, Seraph, Tsunamy