We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[Debate] MoRA Split (Based on Roavin's Suggestion)

(05-10-2020, 03:09 PM)Roavin Wrote: And as an entirely different suggestion: Maybe we start to retire this thread and start with a new thread, with the OP having the various suggestions (one of which is to not split at all), where we can then debate the merits of each of those without the baggage of this thread, both just in terms of the sheer size of it, but also in terms of the mental aspect. Many people on both sides of this issue are frustrated for one reason or another, most of those frustrations have reasonable cause, and too many of them have simply not been cogently expressed here for a number of reasons.

As Roavin suggested, I've taken the liberty into making this thread to discuss all the points of the split. This means taking into account the following sides of the issue:

1. Qwert's split
2. Omega's split
3. Jay's split
4. No split

This debate has to end. It's gone on for too long. Hopefully, this thread can settle some things.
Local Councillor (3/15/20 - 6/23/20)
Deputy Minister of Educational Affairs (2/19/20 - 4/9/20)
Senior Fellow of Integration (12/20/20 - 2/19/20)
Fellow (1/12/19 - ~10/14/20) 
Ambassador to Osiris and TWP (4/3/20 - 7/8/20)
Legislator (1/19/19 - 11/1/21)
Chair of the Assembly (6/23/20 - 9/3/20)
Secretary of State (7/8/20 - 2/4/21 | 6/14/21 - 11/1/21) 
Deputy of Media (2/14/21 - 11/1/21)
Ambassador to TNP and Lazarus  (6/14/21 - 10/22/21)
MoE Leadership (10/14/20 - 11/1/21)

I'm gonna be honest with you and the rest of the Assembly when I say that we, as a body, need to have an honest, but polite, conversation about the process of this debate. There's a lot of underlying negativity and toxicity originating from this debate that needs to be addressed and dealt with. We need some sort of truth and reconciliation process here before moving on from this debate.

Most of the members of this Assembly would not know it, but this has been the case for weeks and there may still be underlying tensions coming from the original debate on this topic in December 2019. For citizens who are not legislators, they would not know that, while the region was celebrating its 100th legislator in this Assembly, we were privately arguing in #legislators-lounge over a member's "ridiculous" remark. This is just one of many examples of toxicity that has come out of this debate from various sides.

It is my hope that the members of this Assembly are interested in this effort that I'm proposing.
4× Cabinet minister /// 1× OWL director /// CRS member /// SPSF

My History
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jay Coop's post:
  • Whole India

Maybe someone qualified should summarise the times this has happened, providing a brief summary of each time this debate has rolled around (I've seen it at least two times from reading through old forum threads).
Aga/Eunopiar

Mostly does boring things.

(05-10-2020, 08:04 PM)Jay Coop Wrote: I'm gonna be honest with you and the rest of the Assembly when I say that we, as a body, need to have an honest, but polite, conversation about the process of this debate. There's a lot of underlying negativity and toxicity originating from this debate that needs to be addressed and dealt with. We need some sort of truth and reconciliation process here before moving on from this debate.

Most of the members of this Assembly would not know it, but this has been the case for weeks and there may still be underlying tensions coming from the original debate on this topic in December 2019. For citizens who are not legislators, they would not know that, while the region was celebrating its 100th legislator in this Assembly, we were privately arguing in #legislators-lounge over a member's "ridiculous" remark. This is just one of many examples of toxicity that has come out of this debate from various sides.

It is my hope that the members of this Assembly are interested in this effort that I'm proposing.

I could turn this debate into that if ya want?
Local Councillor (3/15/20 - 6/23/20)
Deputy Minister of Educational Affairs (2/19/20 - 4/9/20)
Senior Fellow of Integration (12/20/20 - 2/19/20)
Fellow (1/12/19 - ~10/14/20) 
Ambassador to Osiris and TWP (4/3/20 - 7/8/20)
Legislator (1/19/19 - 11/1/21)
Chair of the Assembly (6/23/20 - 9/3/20)
Secretary of State (7/8/20 - 2/4/21 | 6/14/21 - 11/1/21) 
Deputy of Media (2/14/21 - 11/1/21)
Ambassador to TNP and Lazarus  (6/14/21 - 10/22/21)
MoE Leadership (10/14/20 - 11/1/21)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rabbitz's post:
  • Aga

I'll make a new thread.

My History

While unfortunate in that it would delay a resolution to this matter before the upcoming election, I would welcome a dialogue as well.

As Jay notes, some of the conduct has been rather offensive. I myself do not feel welcome in RA anymore.
[-] The following 3 users Like Amerion's post:
  • Jay Coop, Seraph, USoVietnam

For reference, here is my text at this stage which was built off of Qwert's proposal. I am open to discussing amendments. 
Above all else, I hope to be a decent person.
Has Been
What's Next?

CoA: August 2016-January 2017
Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021

(05-10-2020, 08:23 PM)Amerion Wrote: While unfortunate in that it would delay a resolution to this matter before the upcoming election, I would welcome a dialogue as well.

As Jay notes, some of the conduct has been rather offensive. I myself do not feel welcome in RA anymore.

I have posted a new thread so as to avoid precluding the debate.
https://tspforums.xyz/thread-8199.html

My History
[-] The following 2 users Like Jay Coop's post:
  • Amerion, Omega