We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Glen and the CRS

Hi all —

I just wanted to start a brief thread here about Glen's status with the CRS. As some of your might remember, a bit ago Glen announced his retirement from the game with the intent to stay involved/active with the CRS until we felt we were in a place to replace him. And, as some of you might have noticed, Glen's "retirement" hasn't really taken hold — I mean, he's pretty much remained more active than I have since his announcement.

As such, given his status in the CRS has been something of a grey area, the Council wanted to be open and transparent about this and felt it was prudent to let everyone know that — despite his earlier post — we aren't expecting him to leave the Council in the foreseeable future.

Glen's knowledge of GP politics and history is vital to the council, so we're glad he'll be around to continue the work for as long as its needed.

Again, the CRS felt it was important to be open with these workings — hence this post — but, ultimately, things will keep working in the successful way they have been. Still, I'm happy to take any questions you might have. 

Thanks for the attention.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]
[-] The following 4 users Like Tsunamy's post:
  • Pencil Sharpeners, sandaoguo, Seraph, Volaworand

(06-08-2020, 10:52 AM)Tsunamy Wrote: Glen's knowledge of GP politics and history is vital to the council, so we're glad he'll be around to continue the work for as long as its needed.

Glen is one of the most valuable members of the CRS for this reason, in my opinion. I know we disagree with one another on FA matters, but Glen is always someone who knows what is happening in the GP world. I will also thank the CRS for the transparency on this matter.
Above all else, I hope to be a decent person.
Has Been
What's Next?

CoA: August 2016-January 2017
Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021
[-] The following 4 users Like Omega's post:
  • North Prarie, Pencil Sharpeners, Seraph, Tsunamy

Should we be still asking people to endorse Glen through SWAN? We haven't been doing so for quite a few months, he hasn't endorsed anyone, and his endorsements have dropped significantly. 

Is there any possibility of retaining Glen as an advisor without requiring TSPers to try and maintain the endorsement count of someone who clearly has no intention of upholding the endorsement side of his responsibilities? I would hope the CRS does not intend to impose unreasonable requirements upon SWAN by making a decision such as this.

Thank you for your transparency.
[Image: AfI6yZX.png]
Aumeltopia ~

[Image: fKnK6O4.png]
Auphelia Wrote:Raccoons are bandits! First they steal your food . . .
and then your heart/identity!

I’m here for any and all questions & feedback!
[-] The following 2 users Like sandaoguo's post:
  • Imperial Frost Federation, Tsunamy

(06-08-2020, 12:40 PM)Somyrion Wrote: Should we be still asking people to endorse Glen through SWAN? We haven't been doing so for quite a few months, he hasn't endorsed anyone, and his endorsements have dropped significantly. 

Is there any possibility of retaining Glen as an advisor without requiring TSPers to try and maintain the endorsement count of someone who clearly has no intention of upholding the endorsement side of his responsibilities? I would hope the CRS does not intend to impose unreasonable requirements upon SWAN by making a decision such as this.

Yes, we probably should be. But, at the risk of speaking for Glen, he's been hard at work getting his endorsements back up — so we won't be pulling "dead weight" so to speak.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

(06-08-2020, 01:03 PM)Tsunamy Wrote:
(06-08-2020, 12:40 PM)Somyrion Wrote: Should we be still asking people to endorse Glen through SWAN? We haven't been doing so for quite a few months, he hasn't endorsed anyone, and his endorsements have dropped significantly. 

Yes, we probably should be. But, at the risk of speaking for Glen, he's been hard at work getting his endorsements back up — so we won't be pulling "dead weight" so to speak. 

I appreciate his effort, but, well... he hasn't logged in in four days and counting. I hope the CRS considers its standard for endorsement activity significantly higher than logging in once every four days.

Glen, how often do you expect to be endotarting?
[Image: AfI6yZX.png]
Aumeltopia ~

[Image: fKnK6O4.png]
Auphelia Wrote:Raccoons are bandits! First they steal your food . . .
and then your heart/identity!

I won't speak on Glen's behalf, but I think it would be unreasonable to suggest that members of the CRS should constantly log in to NS to endotart. I don't think spending a weekend away from NS and endotarting should be frowned upon, even for a CRS member.
4× Cabinet minister /// 1× OWL director /// CRS member /// SPSF

My History
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jay Coop's post:
  • Volaworand

(06-09-2020, 12:37 AM)Jay Coop Wrote: I won't speak on Glen's behalf, but I think it would be unreasonable to suggest that members of the CRS should constantly log in to NS to endotart. I don't think spending a weekend away from NS and endotarting should be frowned upon, even for a CRS member.

There is no need to endotart daily. You should log in and do it at least once per week to keep the influence from dropping and maintaining the endorsement count. As of now, Glen will need to endotart at least 95% of WA nations to lift his number up to near CRS average which I am very skeptical that he will do even with the most cutting-edge tools available. Hope I will be wrong though.
Chief Supervising Armchair
[-] The following 2 users Like USoVietnam's post:
  • Somyrion, Volaworand

(06-09-2020, 12:55 AM)USoVietnam Wrote: There is no need to endotart daily. You should log in and do it at least once per week to keep the influence from dropping and maintaining the endorsement count. As of now, Glen will need to endotart at least 95% of WA nations to lift his number up to near CRS average which I am very skeptical that he will do even with the most cutting-edge tools available. Hope I will be wrong though.

I assure you that if I resigned from the WA today and came back to use SOON to endorse all WA nations in TSP, it'd take me an hour tops.
4× Cabinet minister /// 1× OWL director /// CRS member /// SPSF

My History

It’s not difficult, from a technical standpoint, to endorse every WA nation in the region. I concur with Jay. That being said, I also think that it’s unreasonable to think that not logging in during the weekend is somehow a lapse in activity. We do have personal lives, just like everyone else.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System
[-] The following 4 users Like Kris Kringle's post:
  • Imperial Frost Federation, Jay Coop, Penguin, Volaworand