We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Penguin 4 Delegate... i Guess...
Heart 
I've only just decided to do this so here is a placeholder until I get a campaign together. 

I am not sure why youse guys want to me to run for Delegate but I am honored that you want it. Thank you for believing in me. 

PENGUIN FOR DELEGATE…. I guess? 

Okie so we all know that I have no skills when it comes to graphics, we leave that to Amerion because he is awesome at it. BUT I do sometimes have skills with words and I guess that counts?  

Most of you are probably wondering what a Penguin can bring to the Delegate seat. I know I am. However, I have given this a lot of thought and I think that I can bring Me to the Delegacy. 

I have been in this region a long time and in that time TSP has become a home away from home so to speak. When things aren’t working IRL, I can come here and know that I can count on the friends that I have made to be a constant source of something. I know that many of you see me as a mother hen figure and while I try not to be,I care about a great many of you. (Whether that is to my detriment is to be determined.)  I feel like this can be useful for the Face of the Region as that is what I see the Delegate as. One must be welcoming but firm. One cannot be standoffish but must be of the people. I try to take the time to get to know as many of the people as I can and while I can’t say that I know everyone because that is A LOT of people, I know enough to know that we have a great group here. I also know that I could stand to be a bit more present on the RMB, and I really am trying to work on that.  

I know that it has been quite a while since I was last elected to anything. And while I did hold the RA title at the end of last term, that was more of an appointment so while I will count it as a post, it doesn’t count. I  may not be the most hip and up to date when it comes to WA or even FA adventures but I am trying. I read a lot and what I don’t understand I file away for later to ask questions about or research on my own. 

I don’t have a plan. I don’t have grand graphics or a way to make everyone like us even though they should. I will trust those who know more than I do to inform me if I question things. I believe that the best leader doesn't know everything and has room to always learn. I will do my best to be the best for TSP and for myself. I hold TSP to be my home and if elected, I will do my best to continue to keep it as Wonderful as it is and maybe help make it better. 

I hope y’all find this acceptable.

And if you feel this is cheesy, it probably is.  

If there are any questions, please feel free to ask.

Here is my COI as well...

Current Member of Leg Comm
Current Member of CRS
Current Mentor in the AMP

~~I have been in TSP  since I was founded over 8 years ago. It has been sometime since I have actively participated in the Cabinet though. I have held the offices of MoFA and MoRA. I was a  General in SPSF under Drugged Monkeys like four names changes ago. I had an Interesting run as a GM for a bit. I was in the CSS back when that was a thing. I have been Dean of TSPU in 3 reboots (and currently too I guess when I get it back off the ground!)  I was Vice Delegate under Tsu for a term. (Please don’t ask for dates as I have no idea. Suffice to say they were mostly prior to 2016.) I am pretty sure that is everything. If you have something I missed please let me know!~~
This is Penguin!!
Nothing Gold Can Stay
Penguins shall one day rule the pie!
And by "pie", I mean "World"!!
Goddess Empress Queen Princess Lady of TSP 
Lilium Inter Spinas // Non timebo mala
I have done a lot of things in the Region in my History.
There's a list somewhere if you wanna go looking. 
[-] The following 10 users Like Penguin's post:
  • Amerion, Belschaft, Divine Owl, Imperial Frost Federation, Jay Coop, North Prarie, Pencil Sharpeners, Poppy, Seraph, Volaworand

What do you believe the principal function of the office of the delegate is in terms of its role in the regional government?
4× Cabinet minister /// 1× OWL director /// CRS member /// SPSF

My History
[-] The following 2 users Like Jay Coop's post:
  • Divine Owl, Poppy

(07-02-2020, 06:10 PM)Jay Coop Wrote: What do you believe the principal function of the office of the delegate is in terms of its role in the regional government?

As I just stated above (literally seconds ago :-P ) the Delegate is the face of the Region. While not having all of the Powwah to control everything, I would like to think I could be like the Queen and be a Regal Figurehead that brings hope and a steadfastness to the region.
This is Penguin!!
Nothing Gold Can Stay
[-] The following 5 users Like Penguin's post:
  • Divine Owl, Jay Coop, Poppy, Seraph, Volaworand

You have gained less endorsements than Jay despite being admitted to the CRS at the same time.

Do you think you'll be able to gain more endorsments if you're elected delegate?

How will you help with Integration if elected delegate?

How do you plan on increasing the Delegacy endorsement count aside from Tarting?

What will you do if you aren't elected?
Aga/Eunopiar

Mostly does boring things.
[-] The following 3 users Like Aga's post:
  • Divine Owl, Poppy, Volaworand

(07-03-2020, 08:13 PM)Ski Slopes of Agalaesia Wrote: You have gained less endorsements than Jay despite being admitted to the CRS at the same time.

Do you think you'll be able to gain more endorsments if you're elected delegate?

I don't think that's a fair assessment because Penguin has gained roughly the same number of endorsements as me. The difference is that Penguin started with fewer endorsements than me when we were both admitted to the CRS.

[Image: vMwl1n2.png]
4× Cabinet minister /// 1× OWL director /// CRS member /// SPSF

My History
[-] The following 6 users Like Jay Coop's post:
  • Aga, Belschaft, Divine Owl, Poppy, Seraph, Volaworand

How reliable will you be when vote stacking or stomping WA resolutions at update times?
Chief Supervising Armchair
[-] The following 2 users Like USoVietnam's post:
  • Poppy, Volaworand

(07-03-2020, 08:13 PM)Ski Slopes of Agalaesia Wrote: You have gained less endorsements than Jay despite being admitted to the CRS at the same time.

How will you help with Integration if elected delegate?

How do you plan on increasing the Delegacy endorsement count aside from Tarting?

What will you do if you aren't elected?

(07-03-2020, 11:08 PM)Jay Coop Wrote:

I don't think that's a fair assessment because Penguin has gained roughly the same number of endorsements as me. The difference is that Penguin started with fewer endorsements than me when we were both admitted to the CRS.

[Image: vMwl1n2.png]
For the first part Aggie - What Jay said. I do my best to tart EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. As it stands now to my knowledge, and I JUST finished, I have endorsed every WA in the region. What they do after that is on them. I can't force them to endorse me anymore than I can force the people of TSP to embrace Pie over cake - and believe me I try VERY hard on that. 

To your second question: I have been meaning to talk to Seraph about this but I really do think that a personal welcome TG that explains things and answers FAQ's prior to them asking would be a great idea. I know we have something of the sort already so maybe we can expand on it? Get the RMB community in on the game to welcome new players. I know how annoying and confusing it can be in the beginning to get 3514961308 TGs from places you've never heard of and I think we have a system set up to send a message after a few days? The point is communication and being open and welcoming. We don't want them to think that they will just disappear in this community, we want them to think they will be a PART of it. 

Aside from Tarting and continuing to do the endo days, I don't know that that is fully up to me? People participate to the most that they want to. We just have to convince and educate them to play understand the mechanics of the game.

And if I am not elected? Same thing I do every night Pinky, try to take over TSP....  continue to do what I have always done, whatever is best for TSP. 

(07-04-2020, 07:54 AM)USoVietnam Wrote: How reliable will you be when vote stacking or stomping WA resolutions at update times?

As long as I have notice I can make all of them. TSP is the responsibility of all who participate and I take my responsibilities seriously.
This is Penguin!!
Nothing Gold Can Stay
[-] The following 5 users Like Penguin's post:
  • Divine Owl, Jay Coop, Poppy, USoVietnam, Volaworand

You took a long break from TSP - do you fear that your break may mean you don’t understand some aspects of TSP? And if so, how will you combat this?

How will you champion defender values as TSP’s figurehead?

What are your plans for integration between the forumside and gameside?

What’s your plan for our WA program/ the proposed Fenda Bloc?
Midwesterner. Political nerd. Chipotle enthusiast. 
Minister of Culture of the South Pacific // Former Prime Minister
[-] The following 2 users Like North Prarie's post:
  • Poppy, Volaworand

While you're in the OWL server, you last posted there in April. How would you describe your relationship with the WA (the legislation/voting side, that is, not endorsements)? How would you view your relationship with OWL as delegate?
[Image: AfI6yZX.png]
Aumeltopia ~

[Image: fKnK6O4.png]
Auphelia Wrote:Raccoons are bandits! First they steal your food . . .
and then your heart/identity!
[-] The following 2 users Like Somyrion's post:
  • Poppy, Volaworand

(07-05-2020, 08:26 PM)North Prarie Wrote: You took a long break from TSP - do you fear that your break may mean you don’t understand some aspects of TSP? And if so, how will you combat this?

How will you champion defender values as TSP’s figurehead?

What are your plans for integration between the forumside and gameside?

What’s your plan for our WA program/ the proposed Fenda Bloc?
1) My long break from TSP was for RL reasons that I don't really want to get into. I am in a MUCH better place currently and don't see myself leaving or taking a LOA anytime soon. 

2) I mean is that REALLY  the current job of the Delegate? Much like how the Queen keeps her personal opinions to herself, I feel like that is the need for the Delegate. To go along with what the Region as a whole has decided. While I have no issue with Defenderness - I will carry the party like as that would be my job. 

3) I would LOVE to see some kind of  bridge between the two communities! More games and common ground would be something fun! OH!! AND I JUST HAD A BRILLIANT IDEA!! A BUDDY PROGRAM!!  We can pair up and RMBer with a Forumite and BOOM! Friendships!! 

4) I will do what the people of the region want to follow. IF they want the block I will work for the block. If they want to wait I will wait. I would love to be friends with just about anyone who wants to be friends with us. I feel like most people have things to offer and we can do the same. 

(07-06-2020, 12:06 AM)Somyrion Wrote: While you're in the OWL server, you last posted there in April. How would you describe your relationship with the WA (the legislation/voting side, that is, not endorsements)? How would you view your relationship with OWL as delegate?

I am a very active lurker in OWL. While I don't say much I do read things and I am working on gaining a better understanding of WA matters and of how things work there I will do better at being a voice.
This is Penguin!!
Nothing Gold Can Stay
[-] The following 3 users Like Penguin's post:
  • Poppy, Seraph, Volaworand