We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[JOKE] Amendment to the Proscription Act

Seems like an obvious change.
Further context can be found in #legislators-lounge.
Proscription Act Wrote:
Proscription Douchecanoe Act

An Act to grant authority to declare hostile persons or organizations prohibited from entering or residing in the Coalition.
 1. Acts of Hostility

(1) The following acts committed against the legitimate government of The South Pacific, or its allies, are considered acts of hostility, whether or not they are successful—
a. Overthrowing the legitimate government;
b. Unlawfully causing a nation to become Delegate;
c. Unlawfully gaining access to privileged or classified information, or distributing it or publishing it;
d. Exploiting, manipulating, or unduly influencing elections or votes;
e. Acting as an agent on behalf of a foreign region or organization, to the detriment of the legitimate government.

(2) Conspiracy, defined as planning, strategizing, or otherwise showing an intent to commit an act of hostility shall itself be considered an act of hostility.

(3) Complicity, defined as promoting, inducing, aiding or abetting an act of hostility, including a conspiracy to commit such an act, shall itself be considered an act of hostility.

(4) Insofar as an act of hostility is committed against an ally, the victimized region must be an ally at the time of the proscription Douchecanoe Declaration.

2. Proscriptions Douchecanoe Declarations

(1) A regional proscription Douchecanoe Declaration is a prohibition on an individual or on all members of a region or organization from having a nation in any regions in the Coalition's jurisdiction.

(2) A full proscription Douchecanoe Declaration comprises a regional proscription Douchecanoe Declaration as well as a prohibition on access to off-site resources of the Coalition.

3. Grant of Authority

(1) The Cabinet or the Council on Regional Security may proscribe [font]douchecanoe [/font]an individual that is not a member of the Coalition, or a foreign region or organization, that they determine to be hostile. The Cabinet together with the Council on Regional Security may proscribe douchecanoe a member or a group of members that they determine to be hostile.

(2) A proscription [font]douchecanoe declaration [/font]must be issued publicly, and be accompanied with a report detailing the hostile acts. All extant proscriptions douchecanoe declarations must be publicly visible at all times.

(3) Upon proscription [font]douchcanoe [/font]of a region or organization, any members of the Coalition affected by that proscription douchecanoe declaration will have 7 days to demonstrably renounce their association to the satisfaction of the issuing authority before the proscription douchecanoe [font]declaration [/font]is enforced.

(4) The issuing authority of a proscription douchecanoe declaration may revoke it at any time, by issuing to the Assembly a report on why the proscription douchecanoe declaration is no longer necessary to protect regional security. The Assembly may call upon the issuing authority to review an extant proscription douchecanoe declaration, by passing a resolution to that effect by majority vote.

4. Judicial Review

(1) A member of the Coalition subject to a proscription douchecanoe declaration may petition the High Court for judicial review under of the following procedures—
a. The individual may request that the High Court review underlying evidence of intelligence upon which their proscription is based.
b. If under a proscription douchecanoe declaration of a region or organization, the individual may present an appeal that they are not a member of the targeted region or organization.

(2) In conducting a review of an individual proscription douchecanoe declaration, the High Court shall only determine if the issuing authority followed the required process, has a rational basis to their interpretation of evidence and intelligence underlying the proscription douchecanoe declaration, and the issuing authority hasn’t ignored exculpatory evidence.

(3) In conducting a review in which an individual appeals that they are not a member of the targeted region or organization, the High Court shall review evidence provided by the issuing authority and the counter-claims of the individual, and determine if the individual is not a member of the targeted region or organization based upon the preponderance of the evidence.

(4) For the purposes above, the individual must be granted adequate forum permissions to participate in the High Court proceedings for that case.

5. Constitutional Law

(1) The Proscription Douchecanoe Act is a constitutional law, and further amendments to it must meet constitutional amendment requirements.
Midwesterner. Political nerd. Chipotle enthusiast. 
Minister of Culture of the South Pacific // Former Prime Minister
[-] The following 4 users Like North Prarie's post:
  • Amerion, Penguin, Purple Hyacinth, Seraph

Full support ofc
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]

Joke? This should be implemented toute suite!!!

I motion to wave debate time, motion this to vote, and motion to waive the vote itself and just make it the official law forever and ever.
Fire Fire Fire Empress of Fire  Fire Fire Fire
Current Minister of Military Affairs
Chair Perch of the Assembly (February to June 2020)
SPSF Soldier
MoRA Fellow
Ambassador to Forest and Lazarus
[-] The following 3 users Like phoenixofthesun14's post:
  • Jay Coop, Penguin, Swifty

I second this as it is needed yesterday!!
This is Penguin!!
Nothing Gold Can Stay
Penguins shall one day rule the pie!
And by "pie", I mean "World"!!
Goddess Empress Queen Princess Lady of TSP 
Lilium Inter Spinas // Non timebo mala
I have done a lot of things in the Region in my History.
There's a list somewhere if you wanna go looking. 

I thiiiiiird it
Did some LC, MoRA, CRS stuff in the past. Do a lot of World Census stuff now.

(07-08-2020, 06:07 PM)phoenixofthesun14 Wrote: Joke? This should be implemented toute suite!!!

I motion to wave debate time, motion this to vote, and motion to waive the vote itself and just make it the official law forever and ever.
Agreed!
swifty
Nation: Imperial Dodo
Discord Tag: swiftygamer#1448

[Image: K732CSn.png][Image: IL1nUV5.png][Image: iEwICrf.png][Image: 5bDBXB8.png]
[Image: q6bfWoR.png] [Image: vJjA98X.png]
Other Achievements/Roles:
- Minister of Culture (October 2020 - February 2021)
- SPSF Tidal Force Coordinator (April 2021 - Present)
- Deputy Chair of the Assembly (September 2020 - October 2020)
- MoM Member (October 2020 - Present)
- MoE Member (October 2020 - Present)
- Cabinet Advisor (August 2020 - October 2020)
- A TSP Legislator (July 2020 - Present)
- SPSF Soldier (June 2020 - Present)
- Ambassador to South Pacific (August 2020 - October 2020)
- Ambassador to The League (April 2021 - Present)
- Local Council Candidate (July/August 2020)
- Chair of the Assembly Candidate (September 2020)
- The MasterMind behind SPSFphoenixcoup2020
- The Loyal Servant of Goddess Phoenix
- The Most Active Member of OWL
- A very cute bear on the outside but on the inside, well, no one knows...

(07-08-2020, 06:07 PM)phoenixofthesun14 Wrote: Joke? This should be implemented toute suite!!!

Objection! You're gonna have to give a reason deemed sufficient by the Chair now.
4× Cabinet minister /// 1× OWL director /// CRS member /// SPSF

My History

As big boi Chair, I can waive Praire's motion to waive debate time, motion the vote, and waive the vote itself to make it a law
Local Councillor (3/15/20 - 6/23/20)
Deputy Minister of Educational Affairs (2/19/20 - 4/9/20)
Senior Fellow of Integration (12/20/20 - 2/19/20)
Fellow (1/12/19 - ~10/14/20) 
Ambassador to Osiris and TWP (4/3/20 - 7/8/20)
Legislator (1/19/19 - 11/1/21)
Chair of the Assembly (6/23/20 - 9/3/20)
Secretary of State (7/8/20 - 2/4/21 | 6/14/21 - 11/1/21) 
Deputy of Media (2/14/21 - 11/1/21)
Ambassador to TNP and Lazarus  (6/14/21 - 10/22/21)
MoE Leadership (10/14/20 - 11/1/21)

Honestly, I'd vote for this.
Concrete Slab
Coral Guard Member
5x Local Councillor 
TSP Legislator and Citizen
Ambassador to the League 
Author of GAR #471, #479, and SCR #271
Co-author of SCR #300
Founded 1/25/18