We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Impending Resignation

Alright I'm just done. You guys get to pick: I'll resign on the 22nd, which should be the midway point, so you guys get to pick your next PM and there isn't too much disruption with a full election/I don't have to make too much drama (in which case I'd start discussing now). I'll even do a Sunshine Report, yay. Or if you guys do want an election, that's fine, I'll resign ASAP. Let me know what you want. I don't mind that much. All up to you. I am the vessel and figurehead, and all that.

I'm resigning from LegComm too. Would recommend Phoenix or Omega.
[-] The following 3 users Like Nakari's post:
  • Jay Coop, North Prarie, phoenixofthesun14

It's sad to see you go! Crying

If Phoenix becomes PM, then the question that follows is who to name as MoMA.

iirc Omega has his hands full with RL stuff too, but it's worth asking if he's down.
4× Cabinet minister /// 1× OWL director /// CRS member /// SPSF

My History
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jay Coop's post:
  • phoenixofthesun14

Agh! Sad to see you go, Naka.

I obviously don't have a vote in this, but I do think that Phoe or Omega would be good LegComm picks. I'd also suggest Griffindor or Kanglia.

I'd also love to see Phoe or Omega for PM. But also Jay. I would also, as a legislator, like an election, but if we don't want that hassle then that's OK.
Midwesterner. Political nerd. Chipotle enthusiast. 
Minister of Culture of the South Pacific // Former Prime Minister
[-] The following 1 user Likes North Prarie's post:
  • phoenixofthesun14

lEtS gEt RoAvIn To Do It AgAiN!!!!
Local Councillor (3/15/20 - 6/23/20)
Deputy Minister of Educational Affairs (2/19/20 - 4/9/20)
Senior Fellow of Integration (12/20/20 - 2/19/20)
Fellow (1/12/19 - ~10/14/20) 
Ambassador to Osiris and TWP (4/3/20 - 7/8/20)
Legislator (1/19/19 - 11/1/21)
Chair of the Assembly (6/23/20 - 9/3/20)
Secretary of State (7/8/20 - 2/4/21 | 6/14/21 - 11/1/21) 
Deputy of Media (2/14/21 - 11/1/21)
Ambassador to TNP and Lazarus  (6/14/21 - 10/22/21)
MoE Leadership (10/14/20 - 11/1/21)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rabbitz's post:
  • phoenixofthesun14

(08-06-2020, 09:40 PM)Jay Coop Wrote: It's sad to see you go! Crying

If Phoenix becomes PM, then the question that follows is who to name as MoMA.

iirc Omega has his hands full with RL stuff too, but it's worth asking if he's down.

I believe Nakari is referring to LegComm when she recommended me or Omega.

I am not resigning my position as MoMA to be PM. I don't think I'm ready for that. Idk if I'd be any good as LegComm either but would be willing to try.

Also, Roavin will likely kill us all if we make him PM. Again. I would say we should do a special election...for the sake of democracy etc.
Fire Fire Fire Empress of Fire  Fire Fire Fire
Current Minister of Military Affairs
Chair Perch of the Assembly (February to June 2020)
SPSF Soldier
MoRA Fellow
Ambassador to Forest and Lazarus

Roavin is fully prepared to be PM again if needed, but won't run in an election. He had also suggested Somy as a possible interim PM if the transition has completed in time.
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8
[-] The following 1 user Likes Seraph's post:
  • phoenixofthesun14

All the best, Nak Heart Heart Heart

With regards to the LegCom, I suggest that the current membership be consulted as to who they would like to see brought in, and if their preference(s) isn’t available, then it be open up to public application.*

*with the requirement that the nominee be 18+ due to the nature of the duty.

(08-07-2020, 01:51 AM)Seraph Wrote: Roavin is fully prepared to be PM again if needed, but won't run in an election. He had also suggested Somy as a possible interim PM if the transition has completed in time.

I don’t think that appointing Roavin to be PM would be a good look. Not because he’s bad, but...he’s done the job 5 times already.

Somy, on the other hand...
The guy has served as MoFA, MoMA, and as a high up in MoRA. And he definitely has the leadership skills. He’d be the perfect pick, IMO.
Midwesterner. Political nerd. Chipotle enthusiast. 
Minister of Culture of the South Pacific // Former Prime Minister

I'd note that selecting Aumey would interfere with the plans to have him appointed to WA Sec. I suppose it is up to him, of course, as to which he would rather.

Shall we vote on an election?

Abstain.
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8