We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Die Kosbaraans Daaglikse Nuus

[Image: rcmknoS.png]
116ste jaar
7 Augustus 2020

Editorial: Get rid of the team!

What a disgrace! This is not the team I used to cheer for when I was younger!

Losing two games in a row for a swift elimination in the Group stage is disrespectful to our proud nation. I hope they don't come flying back to Kosbareland immediately after their next game and that they wait a little bit in GI-Land because I can assure you the welcome will not be a pleasant one at the airport.

Where was Kollen in the past game? Where were the Reynekes? A fantom team walked the field in Kuckstadt and I believe they should stay there and never come back!

I don't know how the coach Gerhard De Beer will be able to sleep tonight. And I sure hope our leaders won't waste any money going to GI-Land to "cheer" on this "team".

When I was coach, I lost some games, of course, but never would I have been able to live with myself losing this badly in such a prestigious tournament. De Beer must go! The president of the KSR, Magdalena Wolters must go too! And maybe we should reconsider the funding of this team until they learn how to win again.

This was not the national team of our nation.

Meinard Bertijn, Former coach of the national football team. (1979-1987)
[-] The following 3 users Like Klô's post:
  • GI-Land, phoenixofthesun14, Tin the Free

[Image: rcmknoS.png]
117ste jaar
15 Junie 2021

Zersbach 2021: Soos 'n vis in die Kosbare baai!

"Like a fish in the Kosbare bay". That is how we can describe the incredible performance by the young Kosbaraans swimming team at the Zersbach 2021 Youth Olympics.

With a good overall performance in the heats, hopes are high in Kosbareland to get a decent number of medals. With a first place in the Mixed 4x100m freestyle relay, two solid second places and one fourth place, many are expecting that Kosbareland might have a shot at getting up to 4 medals. However, the performance of the women's swimmers in the 100m backstroke and the 50m breaststroke with a tenth place for each has been deemed as disappointing by sources within the swimming team high management.

The team that seems to be the best in the moment is the swimming team from the Holy Free, which had great runs, finishing fourth place or higher in all but two heats. Phanama also achieved good success with two first places but otherwise had trouble with their other runs. GI-Land will also be on the radar of the Kosbaraans swimming team for their 4 runs with a fourth place or higher.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Klô's post:
  • Besern