We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Prime Time with Qaweritoyu

Congratulations
I am Qaweritoyu, known as the same on the forums, as Qaz on Discord and to my DJ colleagues as DJ Daz.

I’d like to start with congratulating Nakari on a short but successful and effective term as Prime Minister. Enjoy your retirement, I doubt this is the last we will see from you and I look forward to seeing you when you do re-emerge. Taking over from you is no easy task but this is the challenge facing us all and I intend to do everything in my power to bring us to the October election successfully, carrying on your legacy whilst also trying something new.

Defenderism
Here is a theme and project which have been increasingly emphasised for some time. As I will state later on, I have some experience from my time away from TSP, and in this time, I got to experience raiding first hand and I have to say, raiders are not caring people. Personally, they may be, but raiders in NationStates do not take other people and their lives into consideration; they frankly do not care about what they are doing.

Second to this, I spent some time as a member of the Allied Liberators, in which we chased raiders around NationStates and liberated a number of small regions from raiders and restored the rightful Delegate to their Office. We also made recommendations to the Delegates on how to secure their regions. Within TSP, I have not yet lasted too long in the MoMA, mainly due to lack of time. I have expressed to the current Minister my interest in returning to the MoMA in the near future after discovering I missed the excitement that liberating brought me.

In short, I have experience of defending, have been a victim of raiding, am in full support of the continued increase in identifying as a Defender region and will do whatever work I can to ensure that work continues and we continue to fight the good fight in the name of TSP and defenderism.

Foreign Affairs, Regional Affairs and Military Affairs
I am currently a member of two of these ministries, albeit not the third - as stated above, I have some experience in defending and have witnessed raiding but externally to the TSP MoMA.

In our Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA), I am currently an Advisor to the Minister and a Secretary of State to The East Pacific, The West Pacific, Lazarus and Osiris. I thoroughly enjoy my work in the MoFA and if I am elected, I fully intend to continue these roles, not to pull out of them. I have spotted in the current Minister’s time, the Ministry has been able to add in a fifth Secretary of State, when before there were four, hence, the Ministry has been able to expand. Early on, also, the Ministry made the decision to offer the Grey Wardens (TGW), a defender region, an embassy, a move I was delighted to see happen and I am in full support of the MoFA and its continued work and will continue to help out and promote it in whatever way possible.

In our Ministry of Regional Affairs (MoRA), I am currently a Ministry Fellow for Events, a position I held in the past also, but when discovering my love for the MoFA, I did leave for a bit to pursue that. There are a number of wonderful projects that take place in our MoRA, writing articles for the Southern Journal, organising events in the region and sometimes in conjunction with other regions, we have graphic designers, themes, integration, to name a few. It is a wonderful ministry, and I thoroughly enjoy being involved, I am in full support of the MoRA and its continued work and will continue to help it out and promote it in whatever way possible.

I do not currently hold a position in our Ministry of Military Affairs (MoMA). I did originally intend to be part of our recent liberation of South Pacific, and on the original attempt, I was sitting in wait to move in when the command to stand down was received. I did not end up being available for the final attempt due to RL reasons but that liberation made me realise I do miss liberating and desire more action, and I had stated as much to the Minister who was very welcoming to me. Our MoMA is a brilliant place, new members are warmly welcomed, training is good and effective and the work they do is vital to defending TSP and her friends abroad. I am in full support of the MoMA and it’s continued work, I intend to continue my move to joining the Ministry and I will help out and promote it in whatever way possible.

Regional Experience
  • April – August 2018: TSP Ambassador to Europeia.
  • November 2017 – June 2019: Southern Progress Party Commissary of Gameside Affairs.
  • November 2019 – January 2020: TSP Ambassador to The Rejected Realms and the North Pacific.
  • November 2019 – February 2020: TSP Ambassador to The East Pacific and Lazarus.
  • February 2020 – June 2020: TSP Secretary of State to the Rejected Realms and the North Pacific.
  • August 2018 – January 2019 and July 2020 – Present: Regional Affairs Fellow for Events.
  • August 2017 – Present: Legislator.
  • February 2020 – Present: TSP Secretary of State to the East Pacific and Lazarus.
  • June 2020 – Present: TSP Secretary of State to the West Pacific and Osiris.

External Experience
  • March 2015 – June 2016: Prime Minister of Brightport.
  • June 2016 – February 2017: Prime Minister of the Federation of Independent Nations.
  • June 2016 – February 2017: Allied Liberator.
  • March 2015 – June 2017: Intelligence Minister of Brightport.
  • May 2017 – June 2017: King of Brightport.

Something New
Something new I would like to try as Prime Minister is to make myself available both announced and unannounced to chat in region, be it on the Regional Message Board, and make people aware of the rest of what our region has to offer, yeah, we have the World Factbook Entry to tell them but one case I discovered the other day is that some people skip it, hence, it’s no harm to help and offer advice, be it on the Forums, to promote them, help navigate them, be it on Discord, typed or spoken, have a mixture of serious questions and answers, chat a bit, perhaps play some music or have some of our talented TSP musicians play some music.  

As I stated above, I am a RL DJ, perhaps we can have a few occasional gigs. This is not in an effort to replace any ministries, I will make sure not to clash with any planned events and I intend it to be a bit of fun, whilst taking all serious questions seriously and answering them as fully as possible. 

In summary, what are we going to do?
  • Continue with Nakari’s legacy.
  • Work on moving ever closer to properly establishing ourselves as defenders and promoting the region as a defender region.
  • Work closely with the MoFA, MoRA and MoMA, get involved in projects, promote the Ministries in the region, encourage new members to join and get involved and promote what it is in these ministries which makes TSP the best region to be in on NS.
  • Chat with our citizens, clarify anything what needs clarifying, offering my TGs, PMs on the forums and DMs on Discord as places to go, 24/7, with any questions or suggestions regarding anything at all. I am always at the other end and will answer ASAP, always.
  • Bring any proposed suggestions to the table, see how possible they are to achieve and striving to achieve them.

Conflict of Interest Declaration
I currently hold no positions overseas. 

In the past, I have been a Prime Minister of both Brightport and the Federation of Independent Nations, an Intelligence Minister of Brightport, King of Brightport (which was a sort of joke), and a liberator with the Allied Liberators, worded above as 'Allied Liberator'. Within this role, I did pretend to join the Black Hawks to spy on them.

I am known as Qaweritoyu gameside and on the forums and Qaz on Discord.

My puppets include Clearhill, currently in TEP for FA purposes, The Bobbyankle, currently in TWP for FA purposes, Azertyuiop, currently in Lazarus for FA purposes, Blourgia Davario, currently in Osiris for FA purposes and Hiberniann, currently in Artificial Solar System, I didn't move it after the first attempt at liberating South Pacific.

Any questions at all are welcome and I will respond as soon as possible upon receiving them.
[-] The following 2 users Like Qaweritoyu's post:
  • phoenixofthesun14, Purple Hyacinth

[Image: yVO1LNm.png]
Notice of Conflict of Interests Requirement

The Elections Act requires that a conflict of interests statement must be displayed in a "prominent" manner. To be eligible for ballot access, please ensure your statement is prominent. While the campaign contains a list of "experience" this list isn't labeled as a conflict of interests statement, so the Election Commission will not consider it one.

Thank you and good luck!
[-] The following 1 user Likes sandaoguo's post:
  • Whole India

(08-19-2020, 01:05 PM)sandaoguo Wrote:
[Image: yVO1LNm.png]
Notice of Conflict of Interests Requirement
The Elections Act requires that a conflict of interests statement must be displayed in a "prominent" manner. To be eligible for ballot access, please ensure your statement is prominent. While the campaign contains a list of "experience" this list isn't labeled as a conflict of interests statement, so the Election Commission will not consider it one.
Thank you and good luck!

Cheers, thank you! Happywide

How do you balance the importance of keeping some sensitive issues private when working in the Cabinet with being transparent to the Assembly?

How much and in what ways do you take into account the views of NSGPers and/or other regions when thinking about our foreign policy?

As Prime Minister, you will lead a Cabinet that is two-thirds focused on the external and only one-third focused on the internal. Some past Prime Ministers have leaned towards one of those areas over the other. How will you manage those sometimes competing focuses?

How will you be a Prime Minister for the gamesiders of this region?

What part of the Prime Minister role do you think you will be strongest at? What part will you be weakest at? How will you make up for that weakness?

When it's the end of your term, and you look back at what happened, what would you be most disappointed or ashamed by if you didn't accomplish it? What would you be most proud of?

A lot of your campaign is taken up by explanation of your qualifications. But in the end, you only seem to have two points on your campaign agenda: AMAs and music sessions. Is this enough for a Prime Minister? Should the Prime Minister have a more agenda?

What will you do, as PM, if a Minister decides to implement a policy you disagree with?

What's your analysis of the Government Island idea that Nakari campaigned on? Why did it not get off the ground? Is it still something to pursue?

Would you appoint advisers as PM? If so, who, and why?
[Image: AfI6yZX.png]
Aumeltopia ~

[Image: fKnK6O4.png]
Auphelia Wrote:Raccoons are bandits! First they steal your food . . .
and then your heart/identity!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Somyrion's post:
  • Qaweritoyu

(08-19-2020, 03:24 PM)Somyrion Wrote: How do you balance the importance of keeping some sensitive issues private when working in the Cabinet with being transparent to the Assembly?

How much and in what ways do you take into account the views of NSGPers and/or other regions when thinking about our foreign policy?

As Prime Minister, you will lead a Cabinet that is two-thirds focused on the external and only one-third focused on the internal. Some past Prime Ministers have leaned towards one of those areas over the other. How will you manage those sometimes competing focuses?

How will you be a Prime Minister for the gamesiders of this region?

What part of the Prime Minister role do you think you will be strongest at? What part will you be weakest at? How will you make up for that weakness?

When it's the end of your term, and you look back at what happened, what would you be most disappointed or ashamed by if you didn't accomplish it? What would you be most proud of?

A lot of your campaign is taken up by explanation of your qualifications. But in the end, you only seem to have two points on your campaign agenda: AMAs and music sessions. Is this enough for a Prime Minister? Should the Prime Minister have a more agenda?

What will you do, as PM, if a Minister decides to implement a policy you disagree with?

What's your analysis of the Government Island idea that Nakari campaigned on? Why did it not get off the ground? Is it still something to pursue?

Would you appoint advisers as PM? If so, who, and why?

Cheers, sir, for your questions. I am answering in numbered format, starting from the top.

1. It is my understanding that some things are private knowledge and some things are public knowledge, what these things are really does depend on their nature and seriousness. Keeping things private for a time is not a case of non-transparency but a case of clarity. We need to make sure details of the soon-to-be public knowledge are correct, have a clear picture in our minds of what is going on first, then share with the public ahead and let their voice be heard. In confirming details, and being 100% sure of what is going on, we're literally saving time, being organised and clarifying things ahead of sharing.

2. The views of NSGPers and other regions are always welcome and will always be considered. It is entirely possible we will not always agree with these views, we can't please everyone, it's impossible, however, whatever can be considered should be considered and no-one is to be left out, whoever they are, wherever they come from, whatever history they hold.

3. Well, I have to say, I do have experience of working in two of TSP's Ministries, these are Foreign Affairs and Regional Affairs, I have what experience I have of Military Affairs from outside of TSP in the period 2015 - 2017, whilst I admit I am not totally familiar with TSP's MoMA, my brief involvement in liberating South Pacific suggested it was very very similar to my experience so it's not a million miles away from my experience. I think TSP is a great place, I think we have three great Ministries run by three dedicated, passionate Ministers and I intend to faithfully serve all three Ministries as Prime Minister, in whatever ways possible and, ultimately, lead our Cabinet to the best of my ability.

4. I have always kept in mind that there are gamesiders who frankly prefer communicating using gameside or are so new they have not discovered our forums and Discord, I have been getting more active on our RMB recently and it was there that I discovered a member nation setting up their RP and on further communication with them, I discovered they knew nothing about our forums and Discord, I intend to continue to become more active on our RMB and make member nations more aware of information of our forums and Discord, however, I think they should feel no pressure to join if they don't want to and for that reason, activity gameside will be of the utmost importance to keep all citizens in the loop with proceedings in the Cabinet.

5. I think I'll be strongest at communicating, be that on FA, RA, MA grounds, with people within the region, outside the region, being transparent, with precision and great care. I may be weakest at saying no to anything. I understand not everything is going to be possible, that everything should be considered but I have such a hard time saying no to something or someone. That doesn't mean I don't say no, I'm just afraid of it, afraid of hurting feelings, I suppose, but that's a personal thing. I said earlier in the week, I sometimes bypass my personal view for another view if the other view is going to be of more benefit, if no is the answer, despite my personal view, no is the answer.

6. I think there is a certain amount you do need to leave aside for the next Prime Minister to continue working on, I will be very pleasantly surprised if I do get everything done by October and don't leave over anything for the next Prime Minister to work on. I'd like most if we had moved ever closer to our desired defender status, and if I had managed to be as impartial as possible in my work with all three ministries and they had been promoted the best they could and we'd brought in as many new members as possible and encouraged them to get involved in their region, I know, not asking much, am I? I would be most disappointed if we went backwards on our transparency, I think it has to be handled very carefully and with great precision and care and I would be most disappointed if that had flopped.

7. I have listed five points on my agenda and I listed them because it was the best possible way to go about executing the role of Prime Minister I could possibly think of. These are not things which will be done once and gone, these are all continuous things and will require an immense effort to keep in the air.

8. As I have stated earlier, I often go against my personal view if the view I am putting through in place of my personal view is benefiting the majority. It does not matter in the slightest if I disagree or not, the decision is up to the Minister and the people, I would work for it with them, and encourage him to seek the opinion of the region. My opinion is only one opinion which is not to stand in the way of anyone completing any work in the name of our region at any time.

9. I remember Nakari campaigning on that. I would like to include this under continuing Nakari's legacy. I would rather not speculate as to why it did not get off the ground, however, I think it was a brilliant idea and I would still be very much interested in introducing it if at all possible.

10. I probably would appoint advisors, it's good to have a few points of view on something in case you've initially missed something accidentally. Who is a very difficult question, I'd most likely look to my fellow opponents for Prime Minister, if they're up for it, they're great people!

Thank you for your responses.

(08-18-2020, 08:13 PM)Qaweritoyu Wrote: In short, I have experience of defending, have been a victim of raiding, am in full support of the continued increase in identifying as a Defender region and will do whatever work I can to ensure that work continues and we continue to fight the good fight in the name of TSP and defenderism.

When you campaigned for Minister of Foreign Affairs two months ago, you stated that you would like to see strengthened relations with Europeia. Then, you seemed unaware as to why we don't have strong relations with them. Now, you're advocating for increased focus on defenderism, the very thing that has pushed Europeia away from us in the past. Has your opinion changed? Are you aware that these are two virtually irreconcilable goals?

Like that Minister of Foreign Affairs campaign, this campaign is light on policy. Whether or not I agree with his ideas, your opponent, Prarie, has laid out several ways to implement his focus on defenderism -- a WA bloc, more joint detag runs, a new defender ally. Can you give us specific policy ideas on how you will "ensure that work continues and we continue to fight the good fight in the name of TSP and defenderism"? I don't mean "greater communication" -- I mean specifics!

Our integration programs are a perennially under-resourced part of our government. How would your administration approach integration, and why would it be different from everything that's been tried, unsuccessfully, so far?
[Image: AfI6yZX.png]
Aumeltopia ~

[Image: fKnK6O4.png]
Auphelia Wrote:Raccoons are bandits! First they steal your food . . .
and then your heart/identity!

What are your thoughts on the OWL and do you believe that a day will come that it becomes a full-fledged ministry?
4× Cabinet minister /// 1× OWL director /// CRS member /// SPSF

My History
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jay Coop's post:
  • Qaweritoyu

(08-19-2020, 09:18 PM)Somyrion Wrote: Thank you for your responses.

(08-18-2020, 08:13 PM)Qaweritoyu Wrote: In short, I have experience of defending, have been a victim of raiding, am in full support of the continued increase in identifying as a Defender region and will do whatever work I can to ensure that work continues and we continue to fight the good fight in the name of TSP and defenderism.

When you campaigned for Minister of Foreign Affairs two months ago, you stated that you would like to see strengthened relations with Europeia. Then, you seemed unaware as to why we don't have strong relations with them. Now, you're advocating for increased focus on defenderism, the very thing that has pushed Europeia away from us in the past. Has your opinion changed? Are you aware that these are two virtually irreconcilable goals?

Like that Minister of Foreign Affairs campaign, this campaign is light on policy. Whether or not I agree with his ideas, your opponent, Prarie, has laid out several ways to implement his focus on defenderism -- a WA bloc, more joint detag runs, a new defender ally. Can you give us specific policy ideas on how you will "ensure that work continues and we continue to fight the good fight in the name of TSP and defenderism"? I don't mean "greater communication" -- I mean specifics!

Our integration programs are a perennially under-resourced part of our government. How would your administration approach integration, and why would it be different from everything that's been tried, unsuccessfully, so far?   

Cheers for your responses.

1. When I campaigned for MoFA, I failed miserably and I failed miserably because I was imagining a perfect version of the MoFA and believed I could achieve that version or as close to it as possible. The world is not perfect and my opinion very much changed when I realised I was the only person interested in doing it. I was never going to be MoFA because no-one was ever going to agree with the unrealistic campaign I led. I embarrassed myself with it, I have to say. If I could go back, I'd probably shake myself silly and say what the hell are you playing at? I despise raiders, I have to say, if that makes me unpopular, so be it. I'll never personally agree with raiders and I don't think the region needs me to side with them nor wants me to. If Europeia are happy being left behind whilst we become defender and they are happy not becoming defenders, so be it, whatever floats their boat.

2. Defenderism is very much action-focused and not talk-focused, obviously there is planning which has started and we still have planning, organising, there will be a certain amount of communication but 'greater communication' won't cut it, it's about action. TEP have a version of a WA bloc going on at the moment, albeit incomplete, a WA bloc is not something new, it has been discussed quite a bit, I am aware, in the MoFA the last few months, if we were going to venture the same way, we'd need to work in such a way that does not look like we're copying them. We offered TGW an embassy which they accepted in the last few months, I'd love to see TSP and TGW form an alliance, sign a treaty or come to some sort of other agreement and I see one day TSP and TGW defending together as allies.

3. Not everything so far has been unsuccessful, I remember a time when integration couldn't be better, correct me if I am wrong but I believe this happened within Seraph's last term before this one as MoRA, which I served under, honestly, integration is one of the most difficult tasks because you are trying to capture the interests of people and if you don't, they're losing interest, thinking what's the point, going inactive and that is the end of that, I'd honestly love to chat with Seraph, I see he has been trying to kick-start a server called Getting to Know You which still only has people we know in it, I'd love to see that promoted and going strong, to get that on it's feet and find out what was done the last time and hope we can manage to return to that format because it worked.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Qaweritoyu's post:
  • Somyrion

(08-19-2020, 11:23 PM)Jay Coop Wrote: What are your thoughts on the OWL and do you believe that a day will come that it becomes a full-fledged ministry?

Cheers for the question, boss ^_^

OWL is a great ministry already, albeit unofficial.

When I did Philosophy in Uni, I had to read everything a few times to understand everything that was going on. I have always had to read WA proposals and finished votes a few times to understand what's going on in them. I think you must have to have a certain brain for it and a lot of practice. That hasn't changed with age, I still have to, so I take my hat off to those who have the brain for it, you have a gift. 

OWL is a great way of making nations aware of what is going on in the WA day by day, week by week, I honestly think if OWL had existed when I was brand new, I would have a much better grasp on the WA now, anyway, it didn't. 

No doubts whatsoever, it will be a fully-fledged ministry one day.

(08-19-2020, 09:18 PM)Somyrion Wrote: Thank you for your responses.

I might just further add, I have not been Prime Minister of TSP before. For many things outside of the areas I have prior experience in, I cannot pretend to have experience there and I highly doubt every candidate have experience of absolutely everything. I am transitioning from the current general view any old Legislator has to being much more involved, chatting to the relevant person and saying, right, this is what I know, what am I missing? Ah, OK, that's where we need to get, if I do this, this and this and you do that, that and that, we'll have that done by September, grand. I cannot possibly know this before I've done it.