We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

#Prarie4PM

#Prarie4PM

I’ve learned a couple of things.
My previous Prime Minister campaign promised a lot; that’s not bad, per se, but don’t promise this and that when you don’t know the work is actually done. Don’t promise big things with a big theme when you haven’t actually been active in the theme you’re acting like you’re the messenger for.
In the past 2 months or so, I’ve been getting my hands dirty. I’ve seen how the Cabinet functions first hand. I’ve been active in the SPSF, learning the ropes of the roots of defenderism, including participating in the operation to liberate our friends in South Pacific. I’ve been advising the MoFA on gameplay happenings, seeing what it’s like to be in the room where it happens when policy is being made.
I’ve been doing the work, so when I promise something, it’s not an empty promise. I know how difficult it’ll be to get there.
So that’s a conclusion I hope you’ll take from this campaign - when I say I’ll do something, I’m not saying it because it sounds cool. I’m saying it because I know that we can do it.

Transparency and Commmunication

I think that Glen’s campaign for Prime Minister in June of 2018 promised transparency like it should be. I think many of his ideas can be applied now, too. And that’s why, even though i’m only serving for about half a term, I’ll seek to set a precedent for Prime Ministers by releasing a coherent Cabinet Agenda with the Assembly, a list of things that we will seek to do in the remainder of the term and how we’ll accomplish them. I’ll also make sure to update the Assembly about the negotiations and politics that happen away from the Assembly’s view when it shouldn’t be. The Assembly deserves to have their voices heard on these matters.
The communication work this Cabinet term has, frankly, been dreadful. And if you talk to any Cabinet minister, they’ll admit that. The region deserves to know what the Cabinet is doing to better our community. That’s why communication and transparency is important. I’ll do this by posting a Cabinet Agenda at the start of my term, making weekly Cabinet Twitter posts, and badgering the Ministers to release updates and reports on time.
Also: Sunshine Act releases! Yay! I’ll do them on time! If I don’t, then, uhh, slap me. Each one of you. Publicly. In the #legislators-lounge. Please do.

Things We Can Do

While we are halfway through the term already, there is so much more the Cabinet can do. While what each Ministry does is up to the Ministers to decide, here are some things I’d like to see done:

• WA Fenda Bloc. Seriously. TEP’s consortium looks a lot like something I would like to pursue, structure-wise, though the final details aren’t out yet. With more ideological likemindedness, of course.
  • A treaty/mutual defense agreement with a new ally (preferably defender).
  • Consistent Getting to Know You festivals.
  • Giving RP a bigger spotlight and getting them more involved in the integration process.
  • More military co-operation with the EPSA
  • More joint detag runs like the Save The Turtles run
  • More communication with the Cabinet and the RMB/LC

Questions?
Feel free to post them in this thread, or send me a TG, Forum PM, or DM on Discord at Prarie #2402. Let’s win this election. #Prarie4PM.

COI
Current Positions:
Legislator in the South Pacific
Deputy Chair of the Assembly of the South Pacific
Secretary of State to the North Pacific, Europeia, Europe, and the IDU in the South Pacific
Junior Cabinet Member in the South Pacific
Soldier in the South Pacific Special Forces

Ministry of Regional Affairs Fellow in the South Pacific
Citizen of Thalassia
Staff writer for NationStates Today
Member of the Asteorra Family
Former:
Secretary of Foreign Affairs of the Allied Republic
Deputy Secretary of Foreign Affairs of the Allied Republic
FA Team Member in Osiris

Editor and Governor for NationStates Today
Minister of Foreign Affairs for Gucci RP
Citizen in the North Pacific, the East Pacific, Lazarus, Osiris, the IDU, Auctor, the Democratic Commonwealth, Europe, Europeia, Atlantian Oceania, Gucci RP, that's all I think....?
Aliases:
North Prarie
Prarie
Prariean Bay

South Prarie I think???
A ton of puppets I can't remember
A ton of switchers I don't have time to name, but will do so if the CRS asks.
Midwesterner. Political nerd. Chipotle enthusiast. 
Minister of Culture of the South Pacific // Former Prime Minister
[-] The following 6 users Like North Prarie's post:
  • Divine Owl, phoenixofthesun14, Purple Hyacinth, Seraph, Somyrion, Swifty

FULL SUPPORT!

Prarie4PM
swifty
Nation: Imperial Dodo
Discord Tag: swiftygamer#1448

[Image: K732CSn.png][Image: IL1nUV5.png][Image: iEwICrf.png][Image: 5bDBXB8.png]
[Image: q6bfWoR.png] [Image: vJjA98X.png]
Other Achievements/Roles:
- Minister of Culture (October 2020 - February 2021)
- SPSF Tidal Force Coordinator (April 2021 - Present)
- Deputy Chair of the Assembly (September 2020 - October 2020)
- MoM Member (October 2020 - Present)
- MoE Member (October 2020 - Present)
- Cabinet Advisor (August 2020 - October 2020)
- A TSP Legislator (July 2020 - Present)
- SPSF Soldier (June 2020 - Present)
- Ambassador to South Pacific (August 2020 - October 2020)
- Ambassador to The League (April 2021 - Present)
- Local Council Candidate (July/August 2020)
- Chair of the Assembly Candidate (September 2020)
- The MasterMind behind SPSFphoenixcoup2020
- The Loyal Servant of Goddess Phoenix
- The Most Active Member of OWL
- A very cute bear on the outside but on the inside, well, no one knows...
[-] The following 2 users Like Swifty's post:
  • North Prarie, Royaltica

Why are you so intent on a WA bloc? What makes it better than any of our current treaty alliances? How would it advance defenderism (as you claim) when we already vote solidly together on the extremely small minority of proposals that have anything to do with R/D?

How do you balance the importance of keeping some sensitive issues private when working in the Cabinet with your stated goal of "updat[ing] the Assembly about the negotiations and politics that happen away from the Assembly’s view"?

How much and in what ways do you take into account the views of NSGPers and/or other regions when thinking about our foreign policy?

As Prime Minister, you will lead a Cabinet that is two-thirds focused on the external and only one-third focused on the internal. Some past Prime Ministers have leaned towards one of those areas over the other. How will you manage those sometimes competing focuses?

How will you be a Prime Minister for the gamesiders of this region?

What part of the Prime Minister role do you think you will be strongest at? What part will you be weakest at? How will you make up for that weakness?

When it's the end of your term, and you look back at what happened, what would you be most disappointed or ashamed by if you didn't accomplish it? What would you be most proud of?

I suppose I don't have to ask you the obligatory defender values question since you've basically already written the answer into your campaign. Tounge

Don't forget a CoI!
[Image: AfI6yZX.png]
Aumeltopia ~

[Image: fKnK6O4.png]
Auphelia Wrote:Raccoons are bandits! First they steal your food . . .
and then your heart/identity!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Somyrion's post:
  • North Prarie

(08-19-2020, 01:07 AM)Somyrion Wrote: Why are you so intent on a WA bloc? What makes it better than any of our current treaty alliances? How would it advance defenderism (as you claim) when we already vote solidly together on the extremely small minority of proposals that have anything to do with R/D?

A WA Bloc would strengthen some of our current treaty alliances and make new ones. And the Bloc, much like TEP's consortium, wouldn't be just for WA - there would be culture, military, and diplomatic cooperation, while flexing Defender might across NationStates, increasing recruitment and global respect. 

(08-19-2020, 01:07 AM)Somyrion Wrote: How do you balance the importance of keeping some sensitive issues private when working in the Cabinet with your stated goal of "updat[ing] the Assembly about the negotiations and politics that happen away from the Assembly’s view"?

Use common sense, really. And consult with the Cabinet and advisors. If something is obviously too sensitive to share with the Assembly, we won't share it. If it's not, we will. Pretty simple.

(08-19-2020, 01:07 AM)Somyrion Wrote: How much and in what ways do you take into account the views of NSGPers and/or other regions when thinking about our foreign policy?

We definitely can't do something that's bad in the eyes of everyone - that's dumb FA and will lose us allies and global respect. But we can't do things because we care too much about what NSGP thinks of us, either. NSGP already isn't too fond of TSP, so we should do what's best for our region, not whats best for the NSGP peanut gallery, while still making good decisions that will improve our standing around NationStates. However, I will appoint a Chief of Staff/FA advisor, where part of their job is to be the face of TSP to NSGP. We should always be unified in support of the region and her community in the forum threads and #in-character-gameplay, and having someone to lead the charge will help us do that.

(08-19-2020, 01:07 AM)Somyrion Wrote: As Prime Minister, you will lead a Cabinet that is two-thirds focused on the external and only one-third focused on the internal. Some past Prime Ministers have leaned towards one of those areas over the other. How will you manage those sometimes competing focuses?

While I haven't been Prime Minister before, I think we can walk and chew gum at the same time on this one - we won't be so incredibly busy that we won't be able to focus on internal, and the other way around. I'll try to give as much attention as possible to both sides, and if one hasn't gotten attention in a while, I'll ask the MoRA what his plans in RA are, and what we can do to help out, for example. I also think that the Assembly could help us out here - weekly AMAs, and "how are we doing" check-ups could help us get the feedback of the region for what we're focusing on. 
(08-19-2020, 01:07 AM)Somyrion Wrote: How will you be a Prime Minister for the gamesiders of this region?

I'll be a PM for the gamesiders of this region by actually communicating with the gameside. For one, I'll make sure to up my activity on the RMB. For two, I'll actually communicate with the Local Council. Ask them how they can help us on integration, and ask them how we can help them. Once we communicate with the LC, we can get a sense of what's best for the Gameside, and if the Assembly can legislate solutions for that. 
(08-19-2020, 01:07 AM)Somyrion Wrote: What part of the Prime Minister role do you think you will be strongest at? What part will you be weakest at? How will you make up for that weakness?

I think I'll be strongest at communicating with the region and guiding policy. I think I will be weakest in those solutions where you have to act fast to ongoing FA crises. To make up for it, I'll appoint advisors who are the most experienced in these types of situations. I think you probably know who I'm talking about.
(08-19-2020, 01:07 AM)Somyrion Wrote: When it's the end of your term, and you look back at what happened, what would you be most disappointed or ashamed by if you didn't accomplish it? What would you be most proud of?

I would be really disappointed if we dropped the ball on communication. The region deserves to know what's going on in the Cabinet.
I would be really proud of new FA treaties and pacts, and I would also be really proud of communicating with the Local Council and coming to a solution to the debates we've had recently.

(08-19-2020, 01:07 AM)Somyrion Wrote: Don't forget a CoI!

Thanks for reminding me! Added Happywide

[Image: yVO1LNm.png]
Notice of Conflict of Interests Requirement
The Elections Act requires that a conflict of interests statement must be displayed in a "prominent" manner. To be eligible for ballot access, please ensure your statement is prominent. The use of a spoiler, which are intended to decrease the visibility of its contents, won't count as a prominent display.
Thank you and good luck!
[-] The following 1 user Likes sandaoguo's post:
  • North Prarie

(08-19-2020, 01:03 PM)sandaoguo Wrote:
[Image: yVO1LNm.png]
Notice of Conflict of Interests Requirement
The Elections Act requires that a conflict of interests statement must be displayed in a "prominent" manner. To be eligible for ballot access, please ensure your statement is prominent. The use of a spoiler, which are intended to decrease the visibility of its contents, won't count as a prominent display.
Thank you and good luck!

Thanks! Fixed.

What's your analysis of the Government Island idea that Nakari campaigned on? Why did it not get off the ground? Is it still something to pursue?
Aumeltopia ~

(08-19-2020, 02:40 PM)Somyrion Wrote: What's your analysis of the Government Island idea that Nakari campaigned on? Why did it not get off the ground? Is it still something to pursue?

While I think it's a decent idea, it's yet another button to click to get updates, and rather out of the way. So it's not ideal. I think it didn't get off the ground due to a lack of promotion, mostly.

I'm not quite sure if it's still something to pursue. If done well, it could be a valuable asset. I'll definitely have some discussions about it under my administration, while, of course, consulting the Assembly about it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes North Prarie's post:
  • Somyrion

Thank you for the responses!

Our integration programs are a perennially under-resourced part of our government. How would your administration approach integration, and why would it be different from everything that's been tried, unsuccessfully, so far?
Aumeltopia ~

(08-19-2020, 09:19 PM)Somyrion Wrote: Thank you for the responses!

Our integration programs are a perennially under-resourced part of our government. How would your administration approach integration, and why would it be different from everything that's been tried, unsuccessfully, so far?

Well, I think the biggest thing that would help integration is a MoRA split. I've communicated how I'm pro-split in the past, but I will serve as Prime Minister for the MoRA, split or not.
Either way, I'd like to work a lot with Viet, who's currently the Deputy Minister for Integration. He has a lot of good ideas on the subject, and will be a great leader for our integration work.
I'd also like to consult other regions who have done integration especially well - mainly TNP. Talking with them about how they did things will help us create an integration blueprint that we can use to prosper in our integration.
[-] The following 1 user Likes North Prarie's post:
  • Somyrion