We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[DONE] Discretionary edit: removing extra code

I have yet another discretionary edit! This is pretty self explanatory, there's just extra code that shouldn't be there.

(also, thanks to Somyrion for pointing this issue out!)

Elections Act

8. Constitutional Law

(1) The Election Act is a constitutional law, and further amendments to it must meet constitutional amendment requirements.
[/list]
[-] The following 4 users Like Purple Hyacinth's post:
  • Indusse, Seraph, Swifty, Typhonka

This edit has been done.

(sorry for the delay, I forgot about this!)

I put forward two minor suggestions for the consideration of the Chair. In the Charter:

(1) Table of Contents

The Preamble is not capiatlised but all other sections are in full-caps. I recommend all sections be in normal caps as this is the standard in other laws such as the Elections Act.

(2) Italic sub-headers

In Article VI. The Executive, the sub-headers for Minister of Culture, Minister of Engagement, and Minister of Media are not italicised.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Amerion's post:
  • Purple Hyacinth

I disagree. For a document as important as the Charter itself, full-caps should be used throughout the entirety of the document.
[Image: flag%20of%20esfalsa%20animated.svg] Esfalsa | NationStatesWiki | Roleplay | Discord

[Image: rank_officer.min.svg] [Image: updates_lifetime_2.min.svg] [Image: defenses_lifetime_4.min.svg] [Image: detags_lifetime_3.min.svg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Pronoun's post:
  • Seraph, Somyrion

(10-11-2020, 09:13 PM)Amerion Wrote: I put forward two minor suggestions for the consideration of the Chair. In the Charter:

(1) Table of Contents

The Preamble is not capiatlised but all other sections are in full-caps. I recommend all sections be in normal caps as this is the standard in other laws such as the Elections Act.

(2) Italic sub-headers

In Article VI. The Executive, the sub-headers for Minister of Culture, Minister of Engagement, and Minister of Media are not italicised.
I agree; these changes should be made so these documents are more uniform and are more friendly to read for perfectionists, OCD people, etc.

Also, "capiatlised" smh

(10-11-2020, 09:19 PM)Pronoun Wrote: I disagree. For a document as important as the Charter itself, full-caps should be used throughout the entirety of the document.
I disagree with your disagreement. Yes, the Charter is the supreme document, but it is just another law. As such, it should be formatted like any normal law passed by the Assembly.
Local Councillor (3/15/20 - 6/23/20)
Deputy Minister of Educational Affairs (2/19/20 - 4/9/20)
Senior Fellow of Integration (12/20/20 - 2/19/20)
Fellow (1/12/19 - ~10/14/20) 
Ambassador to Osiris and TWP (4/3/20 - 7/8/20)
Legislator (1/19/19 - 11/1/21)
Chair of the Assembly (6/23/20 - 9/3/20)
Secretary of State (7/8/20 - 2/4/21 | 6/14/21 - 11/1/21) 
Deputy of Media (2/14/21 - 11/1/21)
Ambassador to TNP and Lazarus  (6/14/21 - 10/22/21)
MoE Leadership (10/14/20 - 11/1/21)

I disagree with everyone about everything.

But I'm fine with these suggested changes personally, EVEN THOUGH I STILL WANT us to USE VICTORIAN ADVERTISEMENT CAPITALISATION THROUGHOUT the REGION.
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8
[-] The following 1 user Likes Seraph's post:
  • Rebeltopia

(10-12-2020, 03:10 AM)Seraph Wrote: I disagree with everyone about everything.

But I'm fine with these suggested changes personally, EVEN THOUGH I STILL WANT us to USE VICTORIAN ADVERTISEMENT CAPITALISATION THROUGHOUT the REGION.
ow my eyes
swifty
Nation: Imperial Dodo
Discord Tag: swiftygamer#1448

[Image: K732CSn.png][Image: IL1nUV5.png][Image: iEwICrf.png][Image: 5bDBXB8.png]
[Image: q6bfWoR.png] [Image: vJjA98X.png]
Other Achievements/Roles:
- Minister of Culture (October 2020 - February 2021)
- SPSF Tidal Force Coordinator (April 2021 - Present)
- Deputy Chair of the Assembly (September 2020 - October 2020)
- MoM Member (October 2020 - Present)
- MoE Member (October 2020 - Present)
- Cabinet Advisor (August 2020 - October 2020)
- A TSP Legislator (July 2020 - Present)
- SPSF Soldier (June 2020 - Present)
- Ambassador to South Pacific (August 2020 - October 2020)
- Ambassador to The League (April 2021 - Present)
- Local Council Candidate (July/August 2020)
- Chair of the Assembly Candidate (September 2020)
- The MasterMind behind SPSFphoenixcoup2020
- The Loyal Servant of Goddess Phoenix
- The Most Active Member of OWL
- A very cute bear on the outside but on the inside, well, no one knows...