We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Rivers Island for Minister of Foreign Affairs
Photo 
[Image: 124159844-business-concept-capacity-for-...ration.jpg]

Rivers Island for Minister of Foreign Affairs

Hello TSP;

My name is Rivers Island! I am a new, and upcoming politician here in our region. A little bit about me. Well for starters I am a book worm, and I love to live life to its fullest. My motto is even if it’s a bad day, it’s still a great day because you are above the ground. I am running for Minister of Foreign Affairs because I have experience from past simulator games like Cyber Nations, and other political simulators. What I really love about this region is just how awesome, and friendly everyone is. I was able to fit in very nicely, and have gotten comfortable with the community! A big shoutout to my Legislator mentor, Phoenix for really helping me! Her guidance has been excellent, and very knowledgeable. While I haven’t exactly been here for long, I have been to a few different kinds of region when I am writing for Nationstates Today! Be sure to get a subscription today ?. I am a very upbeat person who will bring a positive, friendly, and professional environment to the Ministry!

My Over View on Foreign Affairs

My foreign policy will be a very careful, and steady approach. We are going to continue to expand our embassies, and form new friendships in Nationstates. With that being said, we will still not forget about the long time friends, and partnerships we already have. We will continue to send our most experienced ambassador's to all of our embassies. They will serve with honesty, intregity, enthusiasm, and professionalism. We will have a foreign policy that benefits us, but also the region we are working with. I want to host regional summits, negotiate possible treaties if that region checks out, and will be worth working with. Foreign Affairs will be a strong area for us because I am cool, and level headed when the tough gets tough.

Plans On Expanding The Ministry

I think our current Minister of Foreign, Jay, has done an outstanding job serving as our Minister of Foreign Affairs. If I am elected, I would like to look at continuing his great leadership, but add my own spin to improving the Ministry. Below are my list of new ideas;

1. I will conduct weekly press conferences to brief citizens on the upcoming weekly agenda, as well as conduct QT with the assembly every month to review what the Ministry did well at, or what we can improve on. I am very big on communications, and government transparency.
  2. I firmly believe we can increase our recruitment for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. This would be running ads on our RMB, holding more recruitment seminars, and being more proactive with citizens to answer their questions.
  3. Time to upgrade the Ministry! Yes I would love to setup a YouTube, or even a podcast for our Ministry to add more of a technological development to the Ministry. This is a long term project I’d be interested in pursuing if I am elected. This will take time. I would take a slow, and organized approach to it.
  4. Focus on mentorship, and development. I want to continue to educate myself, and members who work in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. While I am not the most experienced, I will always reach out to senior staff, or previous Ministers who have done this before. But in general a person never stops getting educated. I am right for this job because I am, level headed, cool under pressure, and my compassion to learn, and improve.
  5. Our current embassies, allies, and future embassies will receive a respectable hospitality. I will always stay informed, keep them informed, and always be patient on any upcoming situations, or problems. I will work hard to continue on the expansion this great Ministry has done!

Why Rivers?

I am running because I am ready for a challenge! I am upbeat, always positive, calm, and always motivated to work hard! This decision to run was made because I want to continue the great traditions of our region. I will always continue to educate myself, step up to challenges, and bring my A-Game to Foreign Affairs! I will make sure we get treated fairly, and our allies will get treated fairly. The South Pacific is where I proudly call home! I want to share our awesomeness with our friends, and allies! Vote for Rivers this Election Day! You can leave a lampshade below, or post a question or comments! Thank you!
Hosting a lampshade party somewhere near you!
Legislator of The South Pacific since September 4, 2020-
Serving as a voice for the people!

Can you elaborate on what the YouTube or podcast would be?

That is a great question! Thank you for asking! So with YouTube or even a podcast, I would like to use it for the monthly foreign affairs report. While writing it is also a very good way of doing things, I like to offer a new feature to add a little more flavor to the menu. I love technology! I think it’s something that could attract new members to the Ministry, and maybe even grow overtime in popularity as far as the YouTube or podcast. It’s an idea that would take time to setup based on interest, and personnel willing to be involved.

Unfortunately, it looks like this campaign will not be valid because your nomination came after the deadline. The deadline for nomination ended at 3:00 UTC on October 7, which actually means it (counterintuitively) ended on Oct 6 if you live in the US or another Western hemisphere country.

I do really hope you get involved in the Ministry, though, or even any of the other Ministries we have! There are many opportunities to join in the executive branch of TSP. Smile Make sure to reach out to whoever wins the election! Or you can even get involved now and already be there when the new ministers take their offices!

Well I will pull down my campaign. Thank you all!

Thank you for trying to run, at least and for posting an interesting campaign. Perhaps you'll be one to look out for in four months time?
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8
[-] The following 1 user Likes Seraph's post:
  • phoenixofthesun14