We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[DONE] Discretionary edits: grammar and punctuation of lists

Here are some discretionary edits specifically about grammar and punctuation in sections that have subsections. I do have more edits to make, but I'm not putting too many edits in each round so that I don't overwhelm myself.

A bit of background: some laws have subsections. There are two main ways that the sections and subsections are structured sentence-wise:

1) The section and each subsection are all their own sentence.
2) The section and the subsections form one long sentence.
(There are actually a couple of exceptions, but I am going to change them to the second type.) <-- this is no longer happening

Now the grammar for the first type is correct in all the laws it shows up in as far as I can tell. However, it gets a bit inconsistent in quality once you get to the second type. I am making these corrections by assuming that the punctuation and grammar used in these sentences are the same as if they were stretched out as one long sentence.

The actual changes are as follows:
(link)

(link)

(link)

(link)

(link)

(link)

(link)

Can you explain why you are choosing to disregard the laws which correctly use grammar and instead establish what would appear to be a personal stylistic preference? These are clearly all numbered lists and this edit to try and turn them into sentences is inexplicable.
Minister of Media, Subversion and Sandwich Making
Associate Justice of the High Court and Senior Moderator

[Image: B9ytUsy.png]

(11-21-2020, 06:25 AM)Belschaft Wrote: Can you explain why you are choosing to disregard the laws which correctly use grammar and instead establish what would appear to be a personal stylistic preference? These are clearly all numbered lists and this edit to try and turn them into sentences is inexplicable.
I did ask in #legislators-lounge beforehand because I wasn't sure, but I can remove those changes.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Purple Hyacinth's post:
  • Belschaft

After over a month, I’ve finally gotten around to actually making the edits!
[-] The following 2 users Like Purple Hyacinth's post:
  • North Prarie, Seraph