We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Vote for the Bee!

HELLO, it is I, Beepee.

Once again, I'm standing before you simply asking for you to love me and vote for me.... either one really will do.

So, most of you will know me... but for those who don't, Hi. I'm Beepee. I follow in the great tradition of candidates from down under... no not there... Australia. (Love you Amerion).

I love the South Pacific and I love everyone in it without exception (well maybe one or two exceptions). I've been here for 3 years now. I've been a below average citizen, and held a few menial positions, where I underperformed... so you know the quality level to expect from me.

As you can tell, I dont particularly take myself seriously, but I do take you seriously and that's the main thing.

You need to remember that you are special and you are loved, even if its by me. And really this is what I want my delegacy to be about (if I'm lucky enough to be chosen) love. The delegates who I love and admire the most are the ones who I hope to emulate, and they seem to genuinely care for the citizens of this great region.

Of the candidates so far, I may be the most prolific on the gameside part of the South Pacific. I'm currently an LC and i'm called the nice one (haha vola). And I'm in the RMB all the time. I feel I've got a good handle on the insanity of the RMB. Because of that, I'm visible to the members of the community that are most influenced by the Delegate. And that's what gamesiders want, is a visible and 'lovable' Delegate. And really who's more loveable than me... I mean visible, who's more visible than me?

I can endotart my little heart out. I've got a whole bunch of awards for being a good endotarter and that means that I can keep the region safe from any naughty people who would like to do us harm.

I am across all the platforms of the South Pacific and thats good, it means I can help promote things and add the weight of the delegates name to things if that's what the people want.

I'm a safe pair of hands. I'm not going to go mad with power and i do genuinely work well with others.
I'll work with the all areas of government to keep our community well respected and loved. Given that im on the rmb a lot i can also assist the LC with the required purges of the unholy and the unwashed.

Anyway I dont want to make this too long and bore you all, but if you have any questions for me drop them below and I'll get round to answering them...

Love

Beepee

If you were bored by this, please see my election dispatch where you can see how much fun I really can be (Note: the answer is no fun, no fun at all).

https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1485393
[-] The following 10 users Like Beepee's post:
  • Comfed, Illaois, Seraph, Somyrion, Stan Melix, Swifty, Taigama, Volaworand, WI SD EA D, Witchcraft and Sorcery

Conflict of Interest

I, Beepee, in line with the requirements of the Elections Act, hereby truthfully declare the following information and conflicts of interest:

My WA and main nation is Beepee, which has resided in TSP since I joined NS.

I have a puppet called Northern Beepee, which is in TSP for doing NS Forum RP stuff. Otherwise it just sits there and occasionally CTEs. I had some others but they've CTE'd and I dont recall the passwords.

I am a former TSP ambassador, former MoRA, and former and Current LC.

Given the above, I believe I have no known conflicts of interest which would affect my ability to run for Delegate of TSP. Should any of the above raise concern, please ask.
[-] The following 7 users Like Beepee's post:
  • Comfed, Illaois, Seraph, Stan Melix, Swifty, Volaworand, Witchcraft and Sorcery

I love it when I see a delegate candidate and all I can think to say to them is "good luck!" because all of the candidates in this race are awesomely qualified and I don't have any super original or mind-blowing things to ask them. You've done a lot for the region and firmly demonstrated your commitment to the qualities I value in a delegate. You in particular have the advantage of a very strong connection with the gameside community and that's a valuable asset.

I haven't fully made my mind up yet, but that's a good thing because it means we've got great candidates. The best of luck to you.

Witchcraft and Sorcery

Former Prime Minister and Minister of Defense. Formerly many things in other regions. Defender. Ideologue. he/they.

In the past, you have often gone inactive between elections (though it's true you have been around throughout your LC term). Why do you believe you are able to serve actively for a full six months at this time?
[Image: AfI6yZX.png]
Aumeltopia ~

[Image: fKnK6O4.png]
Auphelia Wrote:Raccoons are bandits! First they steal your food . . .
and then your heart/identity!

(01-03-2021, 07:37 PM)Witchcraft and Sorcery Wrote: I love it when I see a delegate candidate and all I can think to say to them is "good luck!" because all of the candidates in this race are awesomely qualified and I don't have any super original or mind-blowing things to ask them. You've done a lot for the region and firmly demonstrated your commitment to the qualities I value in a delegate. You in particular have the advantage of a very strong connection with the gameside community and that's a valuable asset.

I haven't fully made my mind up yet, but that's a good thing because it means we've got great candidates. The best of luck to you.

Well thank you.... I'd say my gameside connection is one of my strongest assets for this race... that and I get on great with the LC (oh wait that includes me... ok , well, I get on well with them)

And don't take this jokey playful response as a sign of weakness... I plan to impale my opponents (figuratively speaking of course).

Love

Beepee
[-] The following 2 users Like Beepee's post:
  • Stan Melix, Witchcraft and Sorcery

(01-03-2021, 07:40 PM)Somyrion Wrote: In the past, you have often gone inactive between elections (though it's true you have been around throughout your LC term). Why do you believe you are able to serve actively for a full six months at this time?

I dropped of the last month (I think) of my mora term due to ill health. But im all better now.

My last period of inactivity Feb-Apr i was in remote NSW helping communities recover from the bushfires so there wasn't a huge amount of WiFi coverage. Then covid hit and I had isolation/NBN issues but I'm fully ready to give it my all.... and all those NBN issues have gone (Woohoo)

Despite a perceived lack of activity, I've been able to keep up with my Legislator reading and general RMB updates and my activity since Sept has been back on full tilt.

Love you

Beepee
[-] The following 3 users Like Beepee's post:
  • Seraph, Somyrion, Stan Melix

Hypothetically speaking, of course, say in the not-too-distant future, an intrepid reporter working for the Fake News(!) were to uncover a series of legally ambiguous payments made from the regional treasury to an offshore account which belongs to yours truly, would you use your Delegate powers to rightly suppress such unfounded defamation?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Amerion's post:
  • Volaworand

(01-03-2021, 09:26 PM)Amerion Wrote: Hypothetically speaking, of course, say in the not-too-distant future, an intrepid reporter working for the Fake News(!) were to uncover a series of legally ambiguous payments made from the regional treasury to an offshore account which belongs to yours truly, would you use your Delegate powers to rightly suppress such unfounded defamation?

Not only would I do that, but I'd also provide you woth additional ongoing funds to keep you in the lifestyle you have become accustomed to... and, should it be discovered to be illegal by that pesky high court, i will disband the court and issue with with a full pardon. Hypothetically speaking of course
[-] The following 2 users Like Beepee's post:
  • Amerion, Volaworand

This is a common TNP election question: if you were to coup TSP, how would you go about doing so?
Republic of Lansoon (Pacifica)

(01-04-2021, 11:13 AM)Comfed Wrote: This is a common TNP election question: if you were to coup TSP, how would you go about doing so?

*sputters* why I would never.....

Well I would have to enlist the very worst people I know....... so....... I would go to the toilet paper Pacific (also known as the East Pacific) and ask them to all pile on in to the South Pacific kidnap all of the wonderful people I love.

Then I would be in the wonderful position of being the only person left so I would naturally be the king of this castle.

Im pretty sure though that East Pacificans don't understand language as they're still banging rocks against the ground....

I might need to rethink this plan....
[-] The following 3 users Like Beepee's post:
  • Rebeltopia, Seraph, Stan Melix