We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Appointment of Phoenix to the General Corps

[Image: mReLvHL.png?1]
From the Office of the Deputy Minister of Defense

Fellow Legislators, esteemed Chairwoman,

the South Pacific Special Forces has seen many individuals in its ranks throughout the years. It is rare, however, to see an individual rise through those very ranks with such speed or veracity as our current Minister of Defense, phoenixofthesun14.

Phoenix is known for her military prowess both within the South Pacific (as MoMA and MoD), as well as interregionally. She is patient, empathetic and effective in training new military talent and keeping recruits enthusiastic and interested in Gameplay, both within the SPSF and elsewhere. Her penchant for recruitment for big operations (through the "Phoenix Flock Fleet") is a thing of legends already, including planning and assembling what was at the time the largest ever updater force, simply through her own initiative, optimism, and determination. Her abilities to lead operations big and small effectively, and firing up even the most cynical troops, are exemplary. In addition, she possesses the moral character and fortitude expected of a General, being a great champion of regional sovereignty domestically and abroad, and treating even our worst enemies with dignity.

For all of these reasons, Phoenix has been formally recognized in the wider NS universe already. This includes, but is not limited to:
  • Being selected as a "Silver Power" in NationStates Today's January 2021 Power 20 ranking, where specifically her recruiting efforts were lauded
  • Won the "Defender of the Year" award in the 2020 Gameplay Awards
  • Won the "Up-and-Coming Defender of the Year" award in the 2020 Gameplay Awards
  • Won the "Karputsk Award" (excelling in leading liberations) in the 2020 Defender Awards, with organizer and legendary defender Benevolent Thomas stating "Phoenix of the Sun has firmly established herself at the center of our cause with her outstanding leadership."

And finally, both General Nakari and myself cannot state in more positive terms how wonderfully effective, collegial, and fun our working relationship within the General Corps and the wider defending world has been.

Chairwoman, I claim my standing as the duly appointed Deputy Minister of Defense and, given the Minister's conflict of interest, acting as the Minister for this particular matter only. I hereby declare in good faith that I have appointed Commander Fihami/phoenixofthesun14 to fill the remaining vacancy on the General Corps, in accordance with, and using my powers as granted by, Article 1 Section 3 of the Military Code, and request that the corresponding assembly procedure is initiated.

I eagerly await and seek to answer any and all questions on this matter.

-- Roavin, General of the South Pacific Special Forces and Deputy Minister of Defense
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]

Congrats to Phoenix on a much-deserved appointment!
4× Cabinet minister /// 1× OWL director /// CRS member /// SPSF

My History
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jay Coop's post:
  • North Prarie

It is rare to see talent rise this quickly in GP and this publicly. I've been privileged to see it twice now with both Roavin and Phoenix. I'd like to congratulate Phoenix on a very well deserved appointment, and wish her all the best in her continued service to our region. I know I speak for the MoFA team in saying it is figures like her who ensure we remain stalwart members of the defender community.
Above all else, I hope to be a decent person.
Has Been
What's Next?

CoA: August 2016-January 2017
Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021
[-] The following 2 users Like Omega's post:
  • North Prarie, Penguin

Phoenix is amazing and deserves this so much. I don't know what I can say that I haven't already said, but Phoenix is like, the epitome of hopeful determination.
[-] The following 5 users Like Nakari's post:
  • Comfed, North Prarie, Omega, Penguin, Seraph

I can't think of anyone more deserving. So glad we have such a talent here in TSP and I'm excited to see Phoe lead the defender R/D sphere for years to come.
Midwesterner. Political nerd. Chipotle enthusiast. 
Minister of Culture of the South Pacific // Former Prime Minister

Wakes up from Odin-Sleep.
Phoenix is one of the best leaders the Defender community has ever had. She has shown a great character in the operations she participated in. Especially the formation of the Civilian Militia Server was monumental and helped in the success of many operations. She deserves this appointment and I wish her a best of luck for her future endeavours.
Goes back to Odin-Sleep
Former Cabinet Advisor
Former Minister of Military Affairs
Proud Citizen and Legislator of the South Pacific.
Nation in the South Pacific- Asia and Pacific.
Soldier in the South Pacific Special Force.

Now, what could possibly have made you do such a dumb thing like this???

Just kidding of course. If there was ever a slam-dunk nomination, this is it.

Witchcraft and Sorcery

Former Prime Minister and Minister of Defense. Formerly many things in other regions. Defender. Ideologue. he/they.

Congratulations!
Republic of Lansoon (Pacifica)

A very well deserved appointment.
Minister of Media, Subversion and Sandwich Making
Associate Justice of the High Court and Senior Moderator

[Image: B9ytUsy.png]

Congratulations, Pheonix!