We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[PASSED] [Cabinet] Legislator Committee Nominations

[Image: cabinet-dispatch.png]

Nominations to the Legislator Committee

The Cabinet is excited to formally nominate Moonstar and Witchcraft and Sorcery to the Legislator Committee. Both nominees were recommended by the Legislator Committee after succeeding in the application and interview process. After our own review, the Cabinet agrees with the Legislator Committee's recommendations.

Moonstar is an active and exclusive member of the Coalition. They have experience in forum and Discord administration. They're a long-time player of NationStates and are familiar with security and Gameplay. Moonstar is trusted across the game and has a reputation of being an experienced and level-headed person.

Witchcraft and Sorcery is the incumbent Minister of Defense. They're also a long-time and active member of the Coalition, having served in various administrations. They are an intimate familiarity with military gameplay, security operations, and the Gameplay community. They also have experience in forum and Discord administration with the region Founderless, and security experience in TITO (10000 Islands).

While some members of the Cabinet did have questions about Witchcraft and Sorcery's ability to serve as both Minister of Defense and a member of the Legislator Committee, we ultimately agreed with the recommendation. This question arose with the nomination of Phoenix, who the Assembly approved to the Legislator Committee in a near-unanimous vote while they were also serving as Minister of Defense. We believe the Assembly settled the matter of incumbent ministers serving on the Legislator Committee with that vote. For the record, Witchcraft and Sorcery did not participate in the debate or voting on their own nomination.

With the recent struggles in processing application in a speedy manner, the Cabinet hopes confirming 2 very strong additions to the Legislator Committee will resolve those issues. We have full confidence in our nominees and hope the Assembly will, as well.

Thanks to the Cabinet and LegComm for their thoroughness in considering these nominations. As I did with the internal Cabinet process, I intend to abstain from debate or voting on my own nomination, with the exception of answering questions or providing information and clarification as the Assembly requires it. It is my goal to be as open and transparent as possible in these discussions.

As for Moonstar's nomination I can offer nothing but my full support. He's a highly experienced and deeply loyal member of the Coalition who has been well-liked and trusted across the game for over a decade.

Witchcraft and Sorcery

Former Prime Minister and Minister of Defense. Formerly many things in other regions. Defender. Ideologue. he/they.
[-] The following 7 users Like Witchcraft and Sorcery's post:
  • Encaitar, Illaois, Moon, North Prarie, Poppy, Rebeltopia, Swifty

(03-27-2021, 05:18 AM)Witchcraft and Sorcery Wrote: As for Moonstar's nomination I can offer nothing but my full support. He's a highly experienced and deeply loyal member of the Coalition who has been well-liked and trusted across the game for over a decade.

I take affront with this! I'm loyal to everyone I personally deal with it. You can disagree and move on from places or people, but there's no need to shite all over them. Just let it be known though, the only reason I got involved in TSP was mostly to hang out with Poppy and Numero, but unfortunately for me somehow I ended up liking most of you and now I'm stuck. It's all your faults!
[-] The following 9 users Like Damination's post:
  • Encaitar, Illaois, Moon, Penguin, Poppy, Rebeltopia, Roavin, Swifty, Witchcraft and Sorcery

There hasn't been any debate on these nominations since 3/27/21. Given that, I motion both nominations to separate votes.

I second the motion.
Midwesterner. Political nerd. Chipotle enthusiast. 
Minister of Culture of the South Pacific // Former Prime Minister

The nomination of Moonstar has been brought to vote here.

The nomination of Witchcraft and Sorcery has been brought to vote here.

Both Moonstar's nomination and Witchcraft and Sorcery's nomination have passed.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Purple Hyacinth's post:
  • Moon