We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Amendment to Section V of the Charter

*whistles* so things happened and now we're here, how fun

THE CHARTER OF THE SOUTH PACIFIC

V. THE LOCAL COUNCIL

Establishing home rule for the in-game region residents.

(1) The Local Council will be the local government of the in-game community, composed of three or more residents of the South Pacific, and will represent the interests of all players in the region, moderate the Regional Message Board, encourage activity on the gameside, and administrate itself on issues unique to the in-game community.

(2) The Local Council is entitled to self-administration within its jurisdiction on local issues, but may not pass laws or regulations that contradict this Charter or constitutional laws passed by the Assembly. To that end, the Assembly may not enact any law, nor the Cabinet deliver any directive, that is solely related to an issue local to the in-game community, except as done under the terms of this Charter.

(3) The Local Council may not be denied the authority to run regional polls, create and pin Dispatches, and to suppress messages on the Regional Message Board according to a standard moderation policy. However, it may not alter the regional flags or tags, and may not send out mass telegrams, without the approval of the Delegate.

(4) To help promote inter-governmental relations, the Local Council may send a representative to the Assembly whose term must not exceed the Local Council’s. The method of selection will be decided by the Local Council.

(5) If an unanimous vote is reached by the Local Council, the Local Council may request for the current Delegate to change the name of the Local Council Regional Officer position. However, the name "Local Council" will be kept in the South Pacific laws. When the next term of Local Councillors are elected, the name of the Regional Officer position will be set back to Local Council.

Alright, hope this is good in the formatting department, i think i used everything good
"After he realizes this newfound power of his to override the hopes and dreams of republicans, he puts all of the united provinces under his control."
one time minister of culture

[Image: rank_trainee.min.svg] [Image: updates_lifetime_1.min.svg] [Image: detags_lifetime_2.min.svg]

Why do you always have to bully me like this?

Wait, I have a better idea for this

Edit in progress
"After he realizes this newfound power of his to override the hopes and dreams of republicans, he puts all of the united provinces under his control."

[Image: rank_trainee.min.svg] [Image: updates_lifetime_1.min.svg] [Image: detags_lifetime_2.min.svg]

Edit done

*sigh*
I don't even know how I feel, except that I now regret even agreeing to Auphelia's renaming proposal.

edited

This is just stupid. A funny joke name can be a good laugh for a bit, but there's a difference between a joke and our laws.
Minister of Media, Subversion and Sandwich Making
Associate Justice of the High Court and Senior Moderator

[Image: B9ytUsy.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like Belschaft's post:
  • North Prarie, Stan Melix

What Belschaft said. It's fine if us LCers temporarily call ourselves some funny name for a bit, but I'd rather not officialize that name.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stan Melix's post:
  • Belschaft

(04-11-2021, 02:33 PM)Stan Melix Wrote: What Belschaft said. It's fine if us LCers temporarily call ourselves some funny name for a bit, but I'd rather not officialize that name.

But with the clause I added, it doesn't officialize the name, it just changes the name of the Regional Officer position, which doesn't really matter when it comes to our laws which are mainly hosted here, on the forums.

What's the name everyone voted on? Because I think the delegate should be able to rename it for a while without a proper law?
-tsunamy
[forum admin]