We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[IC] Qaz President and Vice-President Speeches

President's Cameo at Chaouzazate Technical School Graduation 2021

President: Hello, everyone, this is President Ortega here. It's wonderful to be here to wish you well on your Graduation Day and to have been asked to make a surprise appearance.

This day is a wonderful day for you, your families and friends. Today marks the end of a chapter in your lives and the beginning of another. There are so many great times ahead of you, so many stories to experience and tell, so much fun to have and today is day one.

My own Graduation Day is fresh in my mind, I only graduated from school myself last Summer, so I remember your joy and excitement at graduating school today and I share in that joy and excitement with you.

All of you will, of course, know who I am and you will, also, know how young I am. I am possibly the youngest President to legally hold Office in the country. We have had a turbulent past in terms of past young Presidents, many of these have held Office illegally and were dealt with accordingly, however, Vice-President Elliott and I have been improving and strengthening the system, in our time in Office together, to ensure, looking to the future, this can never happen again.

From the time I was very small, I just knew I was going to be a politician. I just knew it. I didn't know what type of politician I'd be, I didn't know what positions I would go on to hold in the future but whatever position I found myself in, I was determined to do my best for those in our wonderful democracy for whom I was working. So, from a young age, I'd follow Qaz politics on TV, I'd read up on the latest news, I'd follow all the elections and I thought one day, that will be me, one day, I will be the person getting elected. Lads, I am now the President of Qaweritoyu! We do have an election coming up and I understand many of you will be my age and, as you know, you must be eighteen to vote in the country so please do, if you are of age, head out on 1 June and vote for the candidate you think will best serve this country for the next seven years. 

I do not know how much longer I will spend as your President, I am guaranteed a further two weeks at the very least, however, myself and Vice-President Elliott are candidates for June 2021 so there's no telling what the result will be, as a politician, your future is determined by those electing you, you do not get to choose when you hold a position.

Why am I telling you this? It's because politics is my passion in life. I knew I was going to be a politician, I walked out of school last year and straight into Office as Vice-President and here I am today as President. It is rare things happen that quickly, however, I am living proof that it can happen. 

You'll all have different passions, some of you will want to be politicians. Maybe some of you will be my successors as President in the future. Maybe some of you will be Prime Ministers to come, other Cabinet Ministers, perhaps, maybe you will just be in Parliament, maybe not at all. Maybe some of you want to be teachers, pilots, astronauts, hairdressers, doctors, nurses, whatever it is you want to be, whatever your passion is, if you want it enough and you work hard enough, you will achieve that, no doubt about it. I am only President today, at my young age, because I was passionate about it, I had that drive that said, "I will be a successful politician one day." I am, I am here today. You will go on to do great things and the better you are at those things, the quicker you will achieve success.

Some of you, however, haven't the slightest idea what you want to do, some of you perhaps want to go on to College and University and see where that takes you, maybe some of you want to just get out of school and earn a bit of money and have a good time, and if that's what you want to do, then you have to do that, you can't be forced to do something you have no interest in doing, not anymore. Some of you, maybe, want to just get out of school, have some fun and go on the dole and you should do that because you're all young, you have time to do things. Many mature students in this country go to College and University in their thirties, fourties and fifties and they get decent jobs and work until they retire, you do have time to have fun now and still get a job later on and if that's what you want to do, I encourage you to do so. Feel no stress about your future, life's too short for all that worrying.

So, I wish you good luck and every success ahead of your exams. The next few weeks will be stressful. I know that's easy for me to say but we're facing our stresses together. You have the final push now for your exams and I have the final push now for the election. We're struggling together. Remember, though, the stress you feel now, as you prepare to sit your exams, the relief will feel twice as good when you come out the other side. In six weeks from now, you'll be finished school. There's not long left, you're nearly there! 

Good luck, take care of yourselves and see you on the other side!

Your friend and your President, Manuel Ortega.
[-] The following 2 users Like Qaweritoyu's post:
  • GI-Land, Izaakia

Vice-President's cameo at the Mali Secondary School Graduation 2021

Vice-President: This is your new Career Guidance teacher, Mr. Elliott.

Young Qaz people, it is my honour and privilege to have been asked to appear at your Graduation.

If you think I am about to lecture you on what to do next, forget it, I'm not.

You've reached the end of schooling and some of you will know what's coming next and some of you will have no idea and that's OK, in fact, that almost makes life more exciting. What's next? Maybe just let life take you where it takes you. I didn't do that, I've been active in politics since I was twelve. I am now thirty-seven so I've travelled a fair distance since then, however, you do not have to start working at a young age. I sometimes look back at my own life and wonder what was the hurry. 

So, young ones, what's next? I know there will be a few parties rocking your town for the next fortnight or longer, maybe the entire Winter, then what comes next? Might you try your hand at medicine, then try printing, then try being a preacher, perhaps a television presenter? Will you be laid back and maybe do nothing for a while? Maybe get a job and reflect on your life?

Before you ask, those of you who know what you want, sit back and relax because you're like me, you've always known and nothing will stop you achieving that, this talk isn't for you, just enjoy it. This talk is for the ones who are dreadfully aware school is running out and don't know what's next. 

Doing nothing and living each day as it comes is definitely very nice but you won't be very productive. There is no better feeling than settling into bed at the end of a night knowing you were productive that day and you tried your best. I would encourage you to go out and throw yourself into a random career for a few years and to keep doing so until you find where your heart is and remain there until you retire. That's the best way, really, you'll get a lot of experience and meet a lot of friends.   

I had a friend in my class, who was quite jealous of me back in the day, because I was a teen activist whilst in school and a member of the politics society and did public speaking and all this, but he wouldn't let on, I could tell because I'm good (winks), however, he hadn't the faintest idea in school what he wanted to do. Then we left school and I went into University and studied Politics and Sociology but I never forgot him, I stayed in touch with him. He tried quite a bit. We left school when we were eighteen. First he was a manicurist, then he was a fairground worker, then he became a bookmaker, then he was a DJ and now he's a home-worker. He found his heart in home-working and I'm delighted for him but he didn't know that was what he wanted before he did it and now, as a home-worker, he will still remember, well, how to manicure, operate fairground machinery, log bets and run a radio show or other gig and he has all of those as things to fall back on if this work ever fails him. My best advice is try everything and you will eventually find what you're looking for.

I'm sorry my cameo was so short, I am running for President in next week's Presidential Election so I've been spending quite a bit of time on that and I must head back to it but thank you for having me as your surprise guest speaker, good luck in the exams and whatever happens next week, I'll see you on the other side and I'll have the country set up and waiting for you when you come out the other side of your exams, is that a deal?

Take care, look after yourselves. Enjoy your young lives. They only happen once.

Your Vice-President, Christopher Elliott.