We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Discord Discussions June - October 2020

26 June 2020

[12:04] Nakari: wrt unified exec server : I'd like to run a poll for our discord users to see what options they prefer. I'll offer at least "all ministries in separate servers", "all ministries in one server, separate projects in their own servers", "all ministries and projects in the same server" and "everything in TSP main discord"
[12:04] Nakari: Any other options/suggestions? I'd also make it clear it's a guiding poll not  a guarantee of something happening + ask people about why, which is probably the most important bit
[12:08] Phoenix of the Sun: I don't have any suggestions
[12:13] ?Seraph?: Seems fine to me.
[12:14] Nakari: i'm thinking to post it in leg lounge, plus in the ministry servers.
[14:07] Amerion: Sounds fine to me too
[14:12] prarie: Sounds fine to me too
[16:45] Quarantined Warrior: Yeah

27 June 2020

[03:46] Phoenix of the Sun: Question: Am I good to post SPSF Weekly Reports to our GP thread?  Just want to make sure
[03:52] Jay: You're totally good to do that.
[03:54] Phoenix of the Sun: Sweeeet

30 June 2020

[17:36] Jay: @Cabinet Ministers, got the following message from TEP:
We'd like to ask if you guys would be willing to send your military as transitional aid for TEP's delegate?
[17:38] Phoenix of the Sun: On it!
[17:38] Phoenix of the Sun: If that's okie with y'all
[17:43] Nakari: :ok_hand:
[17:45] ?Seraph?: Sounds like a plan!
[17:50] Jay: Alrighty, I informed them that SPSF on the way.

6 July 2020

[18:36] Jay: Someone from TRR is wondering if their TRT poll could be advertised in TSP.
[18:38] ?Seraph?: I've also been contacted about it by Nequedem. I'm fine with it.
[20:23] prarie: Should be fine

15 July 2020

[07:02] Phoenix of the Sun: Hey, letting y'all know that Rom has reached out for a joint NPA x RRA x SPSF detag run.
[07:36] Jay: Sounds good
[07:51] Phoenix of the Sun: yeeeee
[23:39] Phoenix of the Sun: Just letting y'all know with the NPA x RRA x SPSF detag run, are we good to see if we can make it an EPSA x NPA x RRA x SPSF detag run?
[23:50] Jay: Totes

15 August 2020

[21:12] ?Seraph?: @Rabbitz I'm about to put Royal and Viet in here as junior cabinet members, since they are appointed deputies.  As a result, I think we need to consider whether you should stay on as a cabinet intern or not.  Are you getting anything from the experience?  You seem fairly busy with chair stuff.
[21:13] Rabbitz: Being Chair already gets me familiar with the laws and legislative process
[21:13] ?Seraph?: Then would you be okay with your internship here coming to an end?
[21:14] Rabbitz: A Chair can't fit in a Cabinet
[21:14] Rabbitz: So probably
[21:25] prarie: Some Chairs could
[21:27] ?Seraph?: Folding chairs, maybe, but Rabbitz never folds.

28 August 2020

16:45] USoVietnam: So the author of the SC repeal made some controversy https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic...#p37574918
NationStates • View topic - [AT VOTE] Repeal "Commend Evil Wolf"
[16:46] USoVietnam: We may want to override the OWL vote to against
[16:46] USoVietnam: If the cabinet gives approvals and writes a short statement, this will be made
[16:46] USoVietnam: @Cabinet Ministers
[16:49] Momma Penguin: Yeah I’m for whatever is not what the author wants
[16:49] USoVietnam: Read page 7 onward of that thread
[16:51] Phoenix of the Sun: yikes
[16:57] Momma Penguin: I’m going to freely admit that I tried and have no idea what’s happening
[16:58] USoVietnam: Just wait for the MoFA to come up
[16:59] Phoenix of the Sun: Marxist Germany said some.... hot takes.......... in the NSGP server
[17:00] USoVietnam: TEP already pulled their support
[17:00] USoVietnam: We may want to do the same
[17:00] USoVietnam: Either vote against or abstain
[17:00] Amerion: I’m in favour of voting against
[17:01] Phoenix of the Sun: I'm thinking just an abstain but I'm not against voting against either
[17:03] Momma Penguin: Which would make more of a statement and what statement are we trying to make?
[17:03] USoVietnam: If nobody here can I will tell OWL to make it (for the dashboard
[17:03] USoVietnam: It is basically a justification on why we override the vote
17:04] Phoenix of the Sun: I'm not home rn
[17:04] USoVietnam: @Jay @Momma Penguin @Phoenix of the Sun 
Please vote aye or nay on overriding repeal commend evil wolf to against
[17:04] Momma Penguin: Aye
[17:04] Phoenix of the Sun: aye
[17:06] Amerion: To confirm, @USoVietnam , I’m now voting against?

11 September 2020

[23:20] Royaltica: @Jay Can I make an announcement and see if people would like to participate in the EurOlympics? It is run by Europeia, and other regions are joining.
[23:22] Jay: I'm leaning no on that, considering the complicated relationship we have with Europeia. They're raider-aligned and one of our SoS's is proscribed by the region.
[23:23] Royaltica: Sure.
[23:24] prarie: They were the only regions to flat-out reject approving Commend Aumeltopia.
[23:24] prarie: Which isn't really a FA policy thing, but considering they did it because of our and Somy's FA policy, that should explain our relationship.

26 September 2020

[01:21] prarie: @Cabinet Ministers how would we feel about a Cabinet-sponsored AMA/Among Us game this week?
[01:22] prarie: Or on Sunday, if y'all want
[01:25] Swifty: Among us UWU
[01:37] Momma Penguin: Sure?
[02:30] Phoenix of the Sun: That would be fun!

7 October 2020

[07:03] Phoenix of the Sun: Hey, Idea and permission to be annoying again for the liberation that we're still trying to do?

Basically, another citizens ping and regional telegram....

but afterwards, endorsement party thing?  Amd maybe we can make a custom banner for anyone who participated in this liberation from TSP.
[07:04] Phoenix of the Sun: I'm going to bring this up with Amerion as well
[07:52] Roavin: I wouldn't. It diminishes the value of doing them.