We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Our embassy with Thalassia

I suppose I'll create this thread to accept advice from my fellow Cabinet members on what to do with our embassy with Thalassia. If you are not already aware, the region announced its impending closure on 24 June and is now home to only one nation, the founder account. There is no legal successor, and its natives have moved on to a variety of regions that were recommended to them.

Now comes a decision on what to do with our embassy with Thalassia. We could maintain our embassy with the region as a keepsake, close the embassy, or open up discussion with the Assembly, or another option I haven't mentioned. The floor is yours.
4× Cabinet minister /// 1× OWL director /// CRS member /// SPSF

My History

I'd support closing it. The region is defunct. To the extent the region still exists, it's a glimmer in the memory of some very opinionated people who frequent GP circles a lot and frankly aren't always on our side, meaning at worst keeping it will give them leverage/talking points over us in some future dispute.
Minister of Foreign Affairs
General of the South Pacific Special Forces
Ambassador to Balder
Former Prime Minister and Minister of Defense

[Image: rank_general.min.svg] [Image: updates_lifetime_3.min.svg] [Image: detags_lifetime_4.min.svg] [Image: defenses_lifetime_4.min.svg]

[Image: ykXEqbU.png]

I believe it has been made clear that Thalassia will not be closing any embassies from their side, yet no one is permitted to live there now and further government functions are ceased. Consequently, I would support closing the embassy as we do not, to my understanding, have embassies with any other defunct regional government which are retained as mementos of their time alive.

I would support a closure of the embassy. We don't, as far as I'm aware, don't hold any memento embassies with defunct regions and I fail to see why we should make an exception for Thalassia as a memory of our relationship with them.

Likewise in favor of closing it for all the reasons mentioned above.

Witchcraft and Sorcery

Former Prime Minister and Minister of Defense. Formerly many things in other regions. Defender. Ideologue. he/they.