We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Regarding my resignation as the Minister of Culture
Heart 
To all Cabinets members,

It has been a pleasure working with you all this past month but with recent realizations about but real life, I can't work as MoC anymore. It really pains me to say this as I love doing this in my free time. But that's just it, the free time don't exist anymore. This week is quiz/midterm season, and a half month later, I'll be going to university. I'm sure we don't want another inactive MoC. (Or me ruining my life) I would leave some of my work to my senior staffer but currently only one is active and most of the ministry is so too. I'm afraid continuing like this would make the problem bigger. Currently, the MoC needs an active minister who can work on infrastructure more and increase moral. I'm unable to do that. 

For the time, I'll be here at least until the Independence Day and the Defender Day event finished, at most mid-August. If the cabinet wants to cross the mid-term threshold so we could skip the special election, although I would be a bit inactive. (I could still get my senior staff to help me) If the special election were to occur I would hope for it to happen as fast as possible, at least before my transition to university. I'll be helping with the transition of the ministry and guide the new minister and maybe stay as senior staff. (If I had the time) I will be staying in the ministry. 

The thing right now to debate is the time of departure.

Sorry and Best Regards,
Tin
[-] The following 5 users Like Tin the Free's post:
  • HumanSanity, Jay Coop, Luca, Moon, Witchcraft and Sorcery

Like I said on Discord, you've been a strong MoC and I hope you give it another go at a better time for you

In terms of timing, it's ultimately up to you, but I'd rather do an election than a Cabinet appointment. We've only been on the job 3 weeks, so asking you to hold on another 5 just so we can reach the mid-way threshold and do an appointment feels... a bit absurd - we're not exactly *close* to the mid-way point.
Minister of Foreign Affairs
General of the South Pacific Special Forces
Ambassador to Balder
Former Prime Minister and Minister of Defense

[Image: rank_general.min.svg] [Image: updates_lifetime_3.min.svg] [Image: detags_lifetime_4.min.svg] [Image: defenses_lifetime_4.min.svg]

[Image: ykXEqbU.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes HumanSanity's post:
  • Tin the Free

^ what HS said. When is defender day over? You said to me end of July at some point and I think that's reasonable - Kris is aware and will probably run the special election.

You've done great work so far. Never apologize for realizing you're not able to commit to finishing out the term. As someone who was in that exact place before - thanks for recognizing it was the right call for you and making it. <3

Witchcraft and Sorcery

Former Prime Minister and Minister of Defense. Formerly many things in other regions. Defender. Ideologue. he/they.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Witchcraft and Sorcery's post:
  • Tin the Free

You've done great work as MoC. I've enjoyed talking to you in all the interactions that we've had, and I've really valued your contributions especially in the domestic affairs council. I don't think that you should take inactivity in Culture personally, it's something that's an issue in all of our departments and working in the dead of summer makes things no easier. It will take a lot from everyone to turn that around over the course of this term.

But ultimately IRL comes first, especially when there's so much important school things happening. Whenever you decide is the right time for you, we'll adapt to it. No worries.

Wish you the very best <3
[-] The following 1 user Likes Luca's post:
  • Tin the Free

You guys are incredible <3 At least I'll have some funny titles like the first Minister of Culture to resign and the first special election of the Minister of Culture being called.  Finna I do hope someday I could do this again, this past month give me so much new experiences! Being in the Cabinet is fun while it lasted, good luck to you all in future endevors. Also, good luck to the next Minister of Culture. (If you're reading this)

I do agree with HS that we should hold the election, I'm just putting that out as an option. Independence Day and Defender Day event finished on the 23rd. Should I break the news then?
I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO PUT HERE
[-] The following 2 users Like Tin the Free's post:
  • HumanSanity, Moon