We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Poll: how based is doge
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
based
75.00%
6 75.00%
based
25.00%
2 25.00%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Dog3 for Mo3: a

Doge for Minister of Culture: Part 3

I'm going to keep this short and sweet; I believe I've stated everything I want to state in my previous campaigns:
I still stand by the ideas presented in these threads. Doge for MoC 2 in particular outlined some weekly events; specifically, Skribbl.io on Tuesdays, Tetr.io on Wednesdays, Theme Thursdays, Forum Fridays, and RMB Saturdays. I go in-depth on these in that thread, linked above.

The only thing I would change about the events above would be RMB Saturdays. For those of you who don't know, I run a Question of the Day using an RMB bot and lately I've been running it consistently. I wouldn't completely integrate this into MoC- once I leave the office, I'd keep the bot and continue running it since I hate sharing nations and never do.

I might introduce a would you rather or something on the RMB too that runs every night Eastern Time. But, RMB Saturdays wouldn't happen since these would be; and are, in the case of the QOTD bot; running every day.

The inactivity and stuff mentioned in Doge for MoC 1 is still true to the incumbent. If someone running an event is unable to run it (like how Python wasn't able to run Tetr.io Wednesdays for weeks, not his fault tho), I'd try to have someone else run it.

For the RP... honestly, I'm not sure. I haven't actively participated in the RP ever and I never really interact with people in TSPRP anymore. However, I do believe the community is alive and if I'm elected MoC I'll try to run a couple of events in the RP in coordination with the RPers. Not sure what yet though, but the term is long, so there's a lot of time to figure stuff out Tounge

conflict of interest
"After he realizes this newfound power of his to override the hopes and dreams of republicans, he puts all of the united provinces under his control."
one time minister of culture

[Image: rank_trainee.min.svg] [Image: updates_lifetime_1.min.svg] [Image: detags_lifetime_2.min.svg]
[-] The following 2 users Like im_a_waffle1's post:
  • Apatosaurus, Tishers [Nyxonia]

1) Based.

2) Regarding gameside, do you have any plans to cooperate with the LC for gameside events or similar?

3) How do you plan to collaborate with the other ministries if elected?

4) Cake, pie or waffles?
Local Councilroar.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Apatosaurus's post:
  • im_a_waffle1

(10-06-2021, 09:07 PM)Apatosaurus Wrote: 1) Based.

2) Regarding gameside, do you have any plans to cooperate with the LC for gameside events or similar?

3) How do you plan to collaborate with the other ministries if elected?

4) Cake, pie or waffles?

1) redpilled

2) Really it would depend who's on the LC. Most people I would work with fine but there's some people on the RMB who... eh. But yeah, I'd probably collaborate with the LC on a few gameside events. Not sure what but... it's a good idea none the less. Maybe a nation ejection contest like what they did at one of the big events over the summer.

3) When I have to. Tounge I'd probably end up collaborating with MoFA if I ever wanted to do an interregional event- say, celebrating the anniversary of a treaty. Talking about treaties, I'm going to rant about the TSP-UDS event for a minute. The TSP-UDS event was alright at best, and mediocre at worst. The scheduling was pretty bad and I feel like a lot more could have been done with like, 7-10 people working on the event (and probably more in the background). The trivia game was poorly timed in that it had 1 question where 2 people answered over the span of 24 hours, the jackbox game never happened, I'm not sure about the gartic phone because I missed it, and in the end the most active part of the event was the hall of spam thing.

Ok rant over have a nice day

4) Obviously, a combination of the 3. Pie as the appetizer, waffles as the entree, and cake as the dessert.
"After he realizes this newfound power of his to override the hopes and dreams of republicans, he puts all of the united provinces under his control."

[Image: rank_trainee.min.svg] [Image: updates_lifetime_1.min.svg] [Image: detags_lifetime_2.min.svg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes im_a_waffle1's post:
  • Apatosaurus

who has the superior bark, doge or walrus

find out in this edition of moc election

Witchcraft and Sorcery

Former Prime Minister and Minister of Defense. Formerly many things in other regions. Defender. Ideologue. he/they.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Witchcraft and Sorcery's post:
  • im_a_waffle1

(10-06-2021, 09:18 PM)im_a_waffle1 Wrote: I'm going to rant about the TSP-UDS event for a minute. The TSP-UDS event was alright at best, and mediocre at worst. The scheduling was pretty bad and I feel like a lot more could have been done with like, 7-10 people working on the event (and probably more in the background). The trivia game was poorly timed in that it had 1 question where 2 people answered over the span of 24 hours, the jackbox game never happened, I'm not sure about the gartic phone because I missed it, and in the end the most active part of the event was the hall of spam thing.

I wanted to say I think this is a fair criticism of the TSP/UDS event that was run. 

My next question is, as Minister of Culture, how would your Ministry do better?

On a separate note: how will you engage and work with Ministry of Culture staff on events? MoC is currently suffering from a lack of engaged and active staff, so how will you work to correct that problem and ensure the long-term health of the Ministry?

Recently you made some comments on the NS forum which attracted controversy about the region Lardyland, attempting to deny its association with fascism. These or similar comments (in addition to being, imo, frustratingly inaccurate/flawed) could harm the foreign affairs or reputation of TSP when coming from a member of the Cabinet. As a member of the Cabinet would you (a) be willing to commit to a higher level of discretion in public comments/posting and (b) clearing public GP comments with the MoFA/PM before making them to avoid harming the FA/reputation of TSP.
Minister of Foreign Affairs
General of the South Pacific Special Forces
Ambassador to Balder
Former Prime Minister and Minister of Defense

[Image: rank_general.min.svg] [Image: updates_lifetime_3.min.svg] [Image: detags_lifetime_4.min.svg] [Image: defenses_lifetime_4.min.svg]

[Image: ykXEqbU.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like HumanSanity's post:
  • im_a_waffle1, Quebecshire

(10-07-2021, 01:51 PM)HumanSanity Wrote:
(10-06-2021, 09:18 PM)im_a_waffle1 Wrote: I'm going to rant about the TSP-UDS event for a minute. The TSP-UDS event was alright at best, and mediocre at worst. The scheduling was pretty bad and I feel like a lot more could have been done with like, 7-10 people working on the event (and probably more in the background). The trivia game was poorly timed in that it had 1 question where 2 people answered over the span of 24 hours, the jackbox game never happened, I'm not sure about the gartic phone because I missed it, and in the end the most active part of the event was the hall of spam thing.

I wanted to say I think this is a fair criticism of the TSP/UDS event that was run. 

My next question is, as Minister of Culture, how would your Ministry do better?

On a separate note: how will you engage and work with Ministry of Culture staff on events? MoC is currently suffering from a lack of engaged and active staff, so how will you work to correct that problem and ensure the long-term health of the Ministry?

The MoC has active staff, they're not engaged because their ministers aren't engaged. In every term this year except Tin's, I've seen a lack of energy and really a willingness to be a minister near the mid to end terms. I see people come in with promises, and then peter out a month in. I don't know if there's a bunch of stuff going on in the background or whatever, but if there is, none of it ever comes out.

(10-07-2021, 01:51 PM)HumanSanity Wrote: Recently you made some comments on the NS forum which attracted controversy about the region Lardyland, attempting to deny its association with fascism. These or similar comments (in addition to being, imo, frustratingly inaccurate/flawed) could harm the foreign affairs or reputation of TSP when coming from a member of the Cabinet. As a member of the Cabinet would you (a) be willing to commit to a higher level of discretion in public comments/posting and (b) clearing public GP comments with the MoFA/PM before making them to avoid harming the FA/reputation of TSP.

yeah that was a bad take, i probably won't do anything like that in a while anyways Tounge i dont look at gp that often

[-] The following 1 user Likes im_a_waffle1's post:
  • HumanSanity