We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Floptop For Minister

Floptop for Minister 
Hello TSP! In case you don't know who I am, my name is Floptop im a defending fash-bashing politics-loving legislator and I want to be your next Minister of Media. Now I've only been a part of TSP for about 4-5 months yet I've been able to join and work in every ministry there currently is, get appointed as an ambassador to both Forest and Lazarus, and become deputy chair of the assembly. If I'm anything I'm a hard worker and I know being a minister requires experience and just being a hard worker isn't going to cut it that's why I didn't even consider running at first. Once I had been nominated by multiple people including the current minister I started looking into ways I could improve the ministry and after fully convincing myself I can better the ministry I've decided to run. Now let me convince you on how I can better the ministry.

Running The Ministry:
  Leadership: 
If elected I will rely on my advisors and deputy ministers a bunch. I am of the belief one person cannot be trusted to always make good decisions that's why I will be holding weekly meetings with senior ministry staff. These meetings will focus on going over the work being done, work to be done, the direction of the ministry, what reforms can be made to better the ministry, and constructive criticism.
 In addition to this, I intend to start holding a monthly meeting for all the ministries staff where they can suggest new ideas, criticize the ministry and talk about the direction of the ministry and where they'd like it to go. Any member of the Ministry can of course message me at any time to do any of the previously mentioned things. The monthly meeting is just meant to be a time for collective input. 

Efficiency and inactivity: 
My goal is to get every member of the ministry to produce at least one piece of work in their field per month. This means a writer writing an article a month or an interviewer conducting an interview a month. This in no way will be mandatory and no one will be pressured to work as of course rl>ns but every member will be privately contacted and either asked to work on something specific or to decide on something to work on which the ministry will follow up on a weekly basis. 

The News Services: 
   SPINN: 
If I am elected the ministry will not interfere with SPINN in any way although if they wish to collaborate with us we will do so happily. 

The Southern journal:
I would continue releasing TSJ on a monthly basis but I would shift the content of TSJ to be more focused on current events and happenings in the GP community with an emphasis on TSP events and happenings.  This could consist of World Assembly legislation, a special election, controversial assembly legislation, and much more. 

I will also continue to work with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to distribute TSJ with regions we have embassies with. 

A new section to TSJ will be added in which an interview with a player who was commended during that month will be found.

Weekly media: 
In addition to everything, a weekly media will be released. This could be an interview or an idea one of our journalists had for an article.  

Statistics: 
As minister I would run a monthly poll going over everything from legislation to the cabinet and their work. It's very important that it is publicly known exactly how the people feel about their elected officials. I also hope to work with the local council to poll the game side community on things like World Assembly legislation. This won't be a do you like this piece of legislation but more of a do you think this piece of legislation went far enough/too far and other questions. 

Conflict of Interest:
I am a part of every ministry including OWL. 
SPSF Soldier 
Deputy Chair of the Assembly
Ambassador to Forest and Lazarus 
I own many puppets in many nations though unfortunately I've lost access to most of them due to my computer breaking and don't recall which regions they were in.
Ex Minister of Media
[-] The following 5 users Like Floptop's post:
  • anjo, HumanSanity, im_a_waffle1, Quebecshire, USoVietnam

I'm very excited to see you running for office!

My main question about this platform is about your suggestion for Weekly Media. What title/banner would this appear under? Why/how are you confident there will be sufficient staff activity to meet your goal for smaller weekly publications?
Minister of Foreign Affairs
General of the South Pacific Special Forces
Ambassador to Balder
Former Prime Minister and Minister of Defense

[Image: rank_general.min.svg] [Image: updates_lifetime_3.min.svg] [Image: detags_lifetime_4.min.svg] [Image: defenses_lifetime_4.min.svg]

[Image: ykXEqbU.png]

(10-07-2021, 01:53 PM)HumanSanity Wrote: I'm very excited to see you running for office!

My main question about this platform is about your suggestion for Weekly Media. What title/banner would this appear under? Why/how are you confident there will be sufficient staff activity to meet your goal for smaller weekly publications?

Weekly Media will be a brand new project for the Ministry and will appear under it's own title/banner. Concerning the activity needed to sustain Weekly Media, one of my top priorities for this term if elected will be tackling the inactivity problem with the Ministries senior staff. Though at the start I doubt there will be enough activity to sustain this and so I am more than willing to produce Weekly Media myself until we are able to fix the inactivity problem plaguing the Ministry.
Ex Minister of Media

When the Ministry of Media was first created, there were issues with bias in reporting and, when it came to polling, trying to push a certain narrative. Why should the Ministry of Media be centered on running a newspaper, instead of producing quality media like graphics, government programs, dispatches, etc.? How does a government-run newspaper counteract a tendency towards pro-government bias?

(10-10-2021, 10:56 AM)sandaoguo Wrote: When the Ministry of Media was first created, there were issues with bias in reporting and, when it came to polling, trying to push a certain narrative. Why should the Ministry of Media be centered on running a newspaper, instead of producing quality media like graphics, government programs, dispatches, etc.? How does a government-run newspaper counteract a tendency towards pro-government bias?

About the issue of bias there will be some kind of bias that will leak through and get on our media after all we are apart of the government but I want to counteract this by also making sure there is criticism of the government in the media to some extent. Though if I writer wanted to criticize the government I wouldn't stop them and they could do it to whatever extent they please with it remaining factual. I do believe the ministry should remain focused on running a newspaper after all the other things you mentioned are already done by other ministries.
Ex Minister of Media