We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[IC] sabvon.gov.ef

[Image: ntp4Fob.png]
Administration Priorities Briefing Room Connect
PRESS BRIEFING
Press Conference by Chancellor Herdes on the World Forum
Other News
Remarks by Chancellor Herdes on the World Forum
[Image: flag%20of%20esfalsa%20animated.svg] Esfalsa | NationStatesWiki | Roleplay | Discord

[Image: rank_officer.min.svg] [Image: updates_lifetime_2.min.svg] [Image: defenses_lifetime_4.min.svg] [Image: detags_lifetime_3.min.svg]

Remarks by Chancellor Herdes on the World Forum

Sabvon Hall Briefing Room
Ricbubai, Esfalsa

1:14 P.M. CET

My fellow Esfalsans,

One year ago, on this day, Esfalsa was admitted into the World Forum. Now, one year later, we look toward the future.

The World Forum is a cornerstone of the Pacifica that we know today, one built around a collective international order, commitment to peace and prosperity, and reaffirmation of the humanity that unites us across national and geographic divisions. As the Charter of the World Forum declared, we remain steadfast in our commitment to maintaining “peace, order, and stability in the world” through collective action.

Esfalsa is proud to be a member of the World Forum. Under my leadership, in the past year we have dramatically expanded our international involvement, goodwill and credibility. We have helped to build a better Pacifica defined by peace rather than war, order rather than chaos, and stability rather than insecurity. It is these principles that we will continue to carry forward.

It goes without saying that there have been and will be challenges in promoting this vision. Indeed, some of those challenges are arguably becoming apparent at this current moment. Nevertheless, I have full confidence in the strength and resilience of the international community. Esfalsa has never been a nation that shirks from adversity. The World Forum has never been an institution that shuns challenges. Together, I have confidence that we will overcome the obstacles in our path to a more peaceful, structured, and stable world.

1:16 P.M. CET
[Image: flag%20of%20esfalsa%20animated.svg] Esfalsa | NationStatesWiki | Roleplay | Discord

[Image: rank_officer.min.svg] [Image: updates_lifetime_2.min.svg] [Image: defenses_lifetime_4.min.svg] [Image: detags_lifetime_3.min.svg]
[-] The following 4 users Like Pronoun's post:
  • GI-Land, Phanama, Qwert, Techganet

Press Conference by Chancellor Herdes on the World Forum

Sabvon Hall Briefing Room
Ricbubai, Esfalsa

2:42 A.M. CET

THE CHANCELLOR    Good afternoon, everybody. Hope you're all doing well. I know that all of you have probably heard about the peace talks between Izaakia and Nicholas and Great Britain from several different places already. Keeping in mind that we already had a press briefing earlier today on that matter by some folks from Foreign Affairs [Esfalsa], I'll keep this short and go straight to questions.

Q    Mr. Chancellor, what role should we expect the Esfalsan government to play in these talks, given that they're happening on Esfalsan soil?

THE CHANCELLOR    I think we've made it pretty clear that we're hosting these talks, and not actively seeking to extract concessions from either side. Like other mem—

Q    So should the Esfalsan—

THE CHANCELLOR    I'm going to answer her question, and—

Q    Mr. Chancellor—

THE CHANCELLOR    And—and, yes, like other members of the international community, we welcome the progress made towards resolving this conflict. But Esfalsa—but we intend to provide a neutral ground for these discussions to take place in, and we intend to stand by that. Aside from the typical security accommodations and so forth, we aren't going to be inserting ourselves unilaterally into the peace process, no.

Q    Are you concerned at all that these talks may lend legitimacy to the Izaakian invasion?

THE CHANCELLOR    Come on. Seriously?

Q    It's what I've been hearing from some quarters, Mr. Chancellor. Some folks are concerned the peace talks sidestep the World Forum yet again from resolving the situation.

THE CHANCELLOR    Look, we're in our second, going on third, month of this conflict. The ongoing Besernian situation reminds us that it's still a volatile situation, there's still plenty of room for further escalation. We're seeking to avoid that here.

The World Forum has an important to play in the South Pacific and in the world. I've think we've made that adunbantly [sic] clear — abundantly clear already in our statements and policies. But this isn't sidestepping the World Forum. I want to make it clear that this is a bilateral initiative on the part of both parties, not a trilateral one. We're not inserting ourselves here to replace the World Forum. There's no Esfalsan agenda behind any of this, if that's what you're asking.

Q    And, if I may follow up here, what do you make of the ongoing International Court case on Izaakian intervention in Nicholas and Great Britain? How does that affect these talks?

THE CHANCELLOR    That'll be up to the two parties to sort out. It's not — Esfalsa is not a party in the case and it isn't going to become one anytime soon. But I don't think there's any intention for the International Court proceedings to delay the, delay a resolution of the peace process with respect to Nicholas and Great Britain. We have confidence the International Court will serve its purpose. I don't think that's a related issue.

Q    Given that these peace talks are being held here in Ricubai, how would you respond if Esfalsa was asked to play a more active role in mediating the discussions?

THE CHANCELLOR    I think that's, well, our current outlook is that course of events is fairly unlikely. We'll continue providing a neutral meeting space for as long as the parties need one for their peace talks. If specifically requested by both sides, we'd be happy to provide a more — to serve as more active mediators. But I can assure the Esfalsan people that we will not be involving ourselves in getting tangled up with foreign conflicts. I remain committed to regional peace and security, and our actions will remain guided that by principle.

That's all the questions I'll take for now, because the team is going to be on televsion, in the papers, and so on, with more detail on everything I've gone over. But, the last thing I have to say is, I really think the spotlight should be on the Izaakian and Great British discussions.

Thank you all. Have a good afternoon.

2:51 P.M. CET

[-] The following 3 users Like Pronoun's post:
  • GI-Land, Izaakia, Qwert