We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

My future as Minister

Fellow South Pacificans,

Effective tomorrow, November 23rd, I will resign the office of Minister of Defense. The Cabinet and Election Commissioner are aware of my intent to resign and I have coordinated this plan with them for the last week or so. I request that the Election Commissioner initiate the process for a special election at their earliest convenience.

This was an extremely difficult decision on my end; while I changed my mind a couple of times en route to running, I accepted the position with the full intent to serve another four months and then rest peacefully, having spent a full year consecutively in Cabinet. Unfortunately, my life and mental health had other plans. I found myself taking more and more time away from the game and neglecting the duties the Assembly trusted me to fulfill. I was not meeting the standards I set for myself and the standards that TSP's citizens are used to from my previous two terms as Minister of Defense and Prime Minister. Knowing that this is not likely to improve, it is unfair to continue to serve while struggling with motivation and other personal issues.

So in the spirit of quitting while I'm (mostly) still ahead, I'm going to step down and let someone more driven than I take the reins. It's been an honor and a privilege to serve the last nine months in Cabinet and I wish the next Minister the best of luck in the job. I'll remain on the General Corps and LegComm, and I hope to be more active in these roles without the weight of government over my head.

Thank you for the trust you have placed in me for three consecutive elections. Coming to TSP was the best decision of my long career and it has been an honor to give back to the region that means so much to me.

<3
WS

Witchcraft and Sorcery

Former Prime Minister and Minister of Defense. Formerly many things in other regions. Defender. Ideologue. he/they.

Thank you for your service - many of use have been where you are now and you’ve made the right choice to put your wellbeing first. Hopefully your mental health will improve soon.
Minister of Media, Subversion and Sandwich Making
Associate Justice of the High Court and Senior Moderator

[Image: B9ytUsy.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like Belschaft's post:
  • Amerion, Purple Hyacinth