We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Domais's Campaign Thread

Yes

Apparently, I need a conflict of interest thing:
Lazarus - Director of Shareholdership & member of the Regional Guard
TEP - Citizen
TSP - Legisisator
Lily - Resident
Trovons - Citizen
Warzone Australia - Native
Warzone Airspace - Resident
Yuno - Resident

Please make sure to post an actual campaign within the permitted timeframe. Posting a thread that says "Yes" is not what I would call a campaign.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

(11-29-2021, 12:41 PM)Kris Kringle Wrote: Please make sure to post an actual campaign within the permitted timeframe. Posting a thread that says "Yes" is not what I would call a campaign.

The law states that "[t]o be eligible to be included in a voting ballot, any candidate must post a campaign in an area designated by the Election Commissioner. The campaign must prominently include a truthful declaration of all potential conflicts of interest the candidate may have within and outside of the South Pacific." The law does not state that the campaign must be an "actual campaign", or have substantial content. By posting this thread and publishing a conflict of interest I have met the requirements to be put on the ballot.

(11-29-2021, 01:05 PM)Domais Wrote:
(11-29-2021, 12:41 PM)Kris Kringle Wrote: Please make sure to post an actual campaign within the permitted timeframe. Posting a thread that says "Yes" is not what I would call a campaign.

The law states that "[t]o be eligible to be included in a voting ballot, any candidate must post a campaign in an area designated by the Election Commissioner. The campaign must prominently include a truthful declaration of all potential conflicts of interest the candidate may have within and outside of the South Pacific." The law does not state that the campaign must be an "actual campaign", or have substantial content. By posting this thread and publishing a conflict of interest I have met the requirements to be put on the ballot.

I'm sure legislators will take that attitude into account when voting starts.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

(11-29-2021, 01:10 PM)Kris Kringle Wrote:
(11-29-2021, 01:05 PM)Domais Wrote:

I'm sure legislators will take that attitude into account when voting starts.

For anyone not in the know, this is not a serious campaign. That should be obvious by my single word campign.

This isn’t a funny joke, and joke campaigns need to be clearly marked as such.

(11-29-2021, 02:24 PM)sandaoguo Wrote: This isn’t a funny joke, and joke campaigns need to be clearly marked as such.

There is nothing inside the "Declarations of Candidacy" thread that would tell me that I cannot run a joke campaign that is not marked as such. As I am aware there is no law stating this. If I am wrong please quote the law that states this. Furthermore, I think that it should be obvious that my campaign is not serious because who besides myself would vote for me in the absence of a more substantial post. So, if you personally think that such a campaign must be clearly marked as such then add it into law. Therefore, despite your personal opinion, my candidacy complies with the law of the South Pacific.

well i'm sold
"After he realizes this newfound power of his to override the hopes and dreams of republicans, he puts all of the united provinces under his control."
one time minister of culture

[Image: rank_trainee.min.svg] [Image: updates_lifetime_1.min.svg] [Image: detags_lifetime_2.min.svg]

(11-29-2021, 02:24 PM)sandaoguo Wrote: This isn’t a funny joke, and joke campaigns need to be clearly marked as such.

Joke campaigns don't need to be marked as such - see my last dozen or so election campaigns - but they do need to be funny. This really isn't.
Minister of Media, Subversion and Sandwich Making
Associate Justice of the High Court and Senior Moderator

[Image: B9ytUsy.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like Belschaft's post:
  • Quebecshire, Rebeltopia