We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[PASSED] Nomination of Jay (Qvait) to the Council on Regional Security

NOMINATION

[Image: wnctpaD.png]

NOMINATION TO THE COUNCIL ON REGIONAL SECURITY

8 December 2021

Assembly Members and fellow South Pacificans,

It is our pleasure to nominate Jay (Qvait) for admission to the Council on Regional Security. This nomination follows the passage of A2111.01 which removes a requirement of World Assembly membership for Council members.

The re-emphasis on trustfulness, good standing, and a sound security awareness accords well with the extensive record of public service Jay has demonstrated in his time in roleplay, executive government, and as a former member of the Council prior to his resignation for the purposes of service in the South Pacific Special Forces.

The Council reaffirms our belief in Jay as a former and now prospective member of the Council and it humbly submits this nomination to the Assembly for due consideration.

Faithfully yours,

The Council on Regional Security

[Image: LzypnaW.png]

[-] The following 7 users Like Amerion's post:
  • Arvan Irawer, HumanSanity, im_a_waffle1, Purple Hyacinth, sandaoguo, Tsunamy, Witchcraft and Sorcery

Full support. Jay has an excellent knowledge of both the regional and foreign affairs landscapes and with the requirement for WA membership being removed, I firmly believe the Council has made an excellent choice to re-appoint him.

Witchcraft and Sorcery

Former Prime Minister and Minister of Defense. Formerly many things in other regions. Defender. Ideologue. he/they.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Witchcraft and Sorcery's post:
  • Amerion

Now that I'm no longer on LOA, I'd like to say that I'm happy to answer any questions anyone has concerning my nomination.
4× Cabinet minister /// 1× OWL director /// CRS member /// SPSF

My History
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jay Coop's post:
  • Amerion

What are your thoughts on how the new CRS/Coral Guard split effects endo caps, endorsement promotion, and endorsement trading for each body?

You will be the first non-WA locked CRS member. How will this change the work you did as CRS previously (if at all)?
Minister of Foreign Affairs
General of the South Pacific Special Forces
Ambassador to Balder
Former Prime Minister and Minister of Defense

[Image: rank_general.min.svg] [Image: updates_lifetime_3.min.svg] [Image: detags_lifetime_4.min.svg] [Image: defenses_lifetime_4.min.svg]

[Image: ykXEqbU.png]

Thank you for your questions!

(12-12-2021, 12:19 PM)HumanSanity Wrote: What are your thoughts on how the new CRS/Coral Guard split effects endo caps, endorsement promotion, and endorsement trading for each body?

I would assume that the CRS has an ongoing discussion about that, but I'd say that we'd need to consider how the cap functions in a reality in which it's possible that the CRS may have no WA-locked members. To that end, I think that the CRS should retain a few WA-locked members, but more discussion is needed on the matter.

(12-12-2021, 12:19 PM)HumanSanity Wrote: You will be the first non-WA locked CRS member. How will this change the work you did as CRS previously (if at all)?

Well, the first noticeable change will be the fact that I will not be endotarting as I did the last time I was part of the CRS. As a side effect of that, I will not be able to banject anyone, not unless I expend whatever remaining influence I have in my main nation. Beyond these changes, I don't see anything else that will be different.
4× Cabinet minister /// 1× OWL director /// CRS member /// SPSF

My History
[-] The following 2 users Like Jay Coop's post:
  • Amerion, HumanSanity

If there are no further questions by Legislators, I motion this nomination to a vote.

Second

This is now at vote.
[Image: koC8Gf6.png]
[Image: Sl6mZCD.png] [Image: iEwICrf.png] [Image: IL1nUV5.png] [Image: RLU6NBO.png] [Image: MbXQuqv.png]

This has passed.
[Image: koC8Gf6.png]
[Image: Sl6mZCD.png] [Image: iEwICrf.png] [Image: IL1nUV5.png] [Image: RLU6NBO.png] [Image: MbXQuqv.png]

Well, that's awkward. I didn't realize I had voted "Nay"! Tounge

Glad I didn't end up tanking the vote. xD
-Griffindor/Ebonhand
-Current Roles/Positions
-Legislator 2/24/20-
-High Court Justice 6/7/20-
-South Pacific Coral Guard 11/17/20-
-Minister of Engagement 6/17/22-

-Past Roles/Positions
-Legislator 7/3/16-4/10/18
-Secretary of State 4/3/20-2/24/21

-Chair of the APC 9/24/16-5/31/17