We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Discord Conversations - Glen's Cabinet

21 February 2021

[01:01] Roavin: What's the plan for quick news updates a la "Cabinet Twitter"? @glen, queen mother
[01:02] Roavin: I don't have anything important but I'd like to push out the info on the state of SoS's.
[01:03] glen, queen mother: I don't have any special plan for that, just post when you need to
[01:04] Roavin: So, in my previous terms, I'd have ministers post in the Cabinet-side twitter thread, and I'd post that in the front-facing places (forum, RMB, announcements ). Are you doing that as well, or should Ministers just post for themselves?
[01:29] Penguin: You can post about how wonderful I am and how TSP has been blessed with my presence and how none of you would be the same if it weren’t for me ???
[02:00] glen, queen mother: Is there a reason why I shouldn't trust any of y'all with posting your own updates? :\
[02:01] glen, queen mother: If it's an update just for an individual ministry, I think you guys should be able to post those yourselves. Just make sure it's coming from your ministry and not as the whole cabinet

Recruitment Drive

27 February 2021
[20:21] Islas: Hey can i do a recruitment drive for the ministry and assembly? Were growing but i think ads could help us more
[20:23] Islas: What do you think team
[22:29] WS (Taylor’s Version): i was thinking of doing something similar when i relaunch tidal force
[22:29] WS (Taylor’s Version): but i mean i have no objections
28 February 2021
[00:20] prarie: yeah I think a general executive recruitment drive wouldn't hurt at all
[00:37] Islas: We could coordinate it
[00:40] WS (Taylor’s Version): yep, agree
16:30] glen, queen mother: Sorry y'all, I've been MIA this week for some personal reasons. @Islas Recruitment is a good idea, but can you post it up in the Cabinet forum first, so we can make sure it's top quality?
[16:37] WS (Taylor’s Version): No problem. I have been slowed by a few things but we’re chugging along.
[17:21] Islas: I was thinking we could write it up as a group effort

RO discussions

2 March 2021
[23:57] prarie: Anyways, since W&S has had some wine (his words) I’ll start the discussion - do we know who are getting RO spots?
3 March 2021
[07:53] WS (Taylor’s Version): Yeah I was a lil loopy last night due to... reasons. ? anyway yeah we should get moving on a PfS culture weekend. I’m down for a buddy system type organization with RO powers -
[07:54] WS (Taylor’s Version): I think Amerion is in charge of that. How many RO spots do we have to work with?
[07:55] Islas: PfS culture!
[07:56] WS (Taylor’s Version): Currently there are 4 Cabinet members with RO powers though Penguin is also CRS - I assume that means we’ll get 3 or 4.
4 March 2021
13:32] glen, queen mother: I have no strong feelings here, but I’m thinking MoFA (for embassies?), PM, and then someone else who would need it for things like pinning dispatches (MoM, MoE?)
[15:32] USoVietnam (old account): Yea I only think MoM and MoFA are the only two who need it
[15:33] USoVietnam (old account): MoE probably doesnt need RO slot although if there is an empty spot then we can
[15:45] WS (Taylor’s Version): yeah same, i don't absolutely need it but it might be useful for recruiting pilers etc. but even that i can push to someone else if need be. agree on MoFA and PM for sure
[15:54] prarie: Yeah, PM, MoFA, MoE, and MoM sounds good to me
9 March 2021
01:25] prarie: If we're all on relative consensus for RO spots, could we make that happen rn?
[08:59] WS (Taylor’s Version): yep
[09:00] WS (Taylor’s Version): should have made that happen a bit ago imo
[18:00] glen, queen mother: I will issue an order on the RO spots tonight.

16 - 27 March 2021

Glen and the Cabinet organize a public Cabinet meeting.

29 March 2021

Prarie organizes Cabinet AMAs as part of the Culture Calendar.

15 April 2021

[16:50] prarie: @Cabinet Ministers TWP has reached out to us wanting to see if we want to do an event in early June. Would we be down with this?
[16:50] WS (Taylor’s Version): wouldn't be opposed for sure
[16:50] WS (Taylor’s Version): idk what others think tho
[16:56] glen, queen mother: Do they have details? Is it just us 2 or a group event?
[16:59] prarie: Just us 2
[17:05] glen, queen mother: Ok that’s fine with me then
[17:34] Roavin: No issues.

22 May 2021

[16:30] anjo: @Roavin OWL has issued a recommendation For on Commend Altmoras in line with the RMB vote - would you like me to vote For on the PfS statement on it at vote?
[16:36] Roavin: @anjo yup!
[16:37] Roavin: Unless there's a Cabinet override (which should be very rare), I think we should just go with OWL for our PfS vote
[16:38] Roavin: Which reminds me
[16:39] anjo: Okie, will do
[16:39] Roavin: Once "Repeal Condemn The Pacific" goes to vote, note that we're treaty-bound to either abstain or vote Aye on it
[16:40] Roavin: As MoFA, I don't particularly care which one it is (personally, I think it's well-written and appropriate), just making sure we don't vote nay on it ?
[16:40] anjo: Yep - I was going to open the vote in a moment, do you want me to put a notice or something to the treaty obligation in the opening post?
[16:41] Roavin: Up to you, though that's probably appropriate
[16:41] anjo: "Vote For or Cabinet will silence you"!
[16:42] Roavin: "vote for or roavin will end you"
Minister of Foreign Affairs
General of the South Pacific Special Forces
Ambassador to Balder
Former Prime Minister and Minister of Defense

[Image: rank_general.min.svg] [Image: updates_lifetime_3.min.svg] [Image: detags_lifetime_4.min.svg] [Image: defenses_lifetime_4.min.svg]

[Image: ykXEqbU.png]