We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Ending Elections

The best way to settle this debate over "can we edit our ballots" and "I don't like you asking me to take personal responsibility over messing up my own vote" is to address the root cause here, and that is elections themselves. If we don't have elections, we would not have any ballots to edit. There will be no subversion of our elections. There will be no elections to electioneer, ballots to buy or sell, electoral corruption to handle. Nobody wants to trust those who have been dealing with this stuff for collective decades, when we say we disallow things like ballot editing for very legitimate reasons. But if we get rid of elections, that will not be an issue, because you no longer have election-related issues to argue about (and make the same mistakes over, because you refuse to listen).

Thoughts?
[-] The following 2 users Like sandaoguo's post:
  • Penguin, Roavin

If I thought this was a good idea I would join the NPO or TWP. I would maybe support ending Delegate elections as the Delegate should always be a trusted person. Making them solely a security position has merits but I think that it belongs in other regions. TSP is a democratic region and should stay that way. Go to other regions if you want meritocracy or autocracy.

(12-10-2021, 03:48 PM)sandaoguo Wrote: The best way to settle this debate over "can we edit our ballots" and "I don't like you asking me to take personal responsibility over messing up my own vote" is to address the root cause here, and that is elections themselves. If we don't have elections, we would not have any ballots to edit. There will be no subversion of our elections. There will be no elections to electioneer, ballots to buy or sell, electoral corruption to handle. Nobody wants to trust those who have been dealing with this stuff for collective decades, when we say we disallow things like ballot editing for very legitimate reasons. But if we get rid of elections, that will not be an issue, because you no longer have election-related issues to argue about (and make the same mistakes over, because you refuse to listen).

Thoughts?

I don't know how we didn't think of this before. It's obviously time for a 2013cracy: rule by those from the 2013 Generation!
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kris Kringle's post:
  • Penguin

(12-10-2021, 03:53 PM)Kris Kringle Wrote:
(12-10-2021, 03:48 PM)sandaoguo Wrote: The best way to settle this debate over "can we edit our ballots" and "I don't like you asking me to take personal responsibility over messing up my own vote" is to address the root cause here, and that is elections themselves. If we don't have elections, we would not have any ballots to edit. There will be no subversion of our elections. There will be no elections to electioneer, ballots to buy or sell, electoral corruption to handle. Nobody wants to trust those who have been dealing with this stuff for collective decades, when we say we disallow things like ballot editing for very legitimate reasons. But if we get rid of elections, that will not be an issue, because you no longer have election-related issues to argue about (and make the same mistakes over, because you refuse to listen).

Thoughts?

I don't know how we didn't think of this before. It's obviously time for a 2013cracy: rule by those from the 2013 Generation!

2011 and earlier, surely. Let me and Tsu make all the decisions.
Minister of Media, Subversion and Sandwich Making
Associate Justice of the High Court and Senior Moderator

[Image: B9ytUsy.png]
[-] The following 3 users Like Belschaft's post:
  • Penguin, Rebeltopia, Tsunamy

[Image: 743904279299096636.png]
Local Councilroar.

(12-10-2021, 04:10 PM)Belschaft Wrote:

Thoughts?

I'll agree to 2013 and earlier.
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kris Kringle's post:
  • Penguin

(12-10-2021, 04:29 PM)Kris Kringle Wrote:

Thoughts?

Nooo! This is a plot by the evil boomers to ban us zoomers! Sad
Local Councilroar.

(12-10-2021, 04:32 PM)Apatosaurus Wrote:
(12-10-2021, 04:29 PM)Kris Kringle Wrote:

Thoughts?

Nooo! This is a plot by the evil boomers to ban us zoomers! Sad

I'm a Millennial, thank you very much.

Legal Resources:
[-] The following 3 users Like Kris Kringle's post:
  • Belschaft, Penguin, Rebeltopia

Thoughts?

Wow — did Christmas come early? I thought I was going to have to wait until the next delegate elections to make this happen, but Merry f------ Christmas to me!
-tsunamy
[forum admin]
[-] The following 2 users Like Tsunamy's post:
  • Belschaft, Penguin

Bump 2013 up a year and I'm game.
4× Cabinet minister /// 1× OWL director /// CRS member /// SPSF

My History
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jay Coop's post:
  • Belschaft