We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[DONE] Minor Discretionary Edits on the Elections Act

This was raised before in the #legislators-lounge, but in the bill for A2112.01 was a numbering typo that I overlooked when bringing it to vote. I've also randomly noticed while reading through our laws recently that we missed one mention of the "Election Commission" in the bill for A2110.01 to remove all references and replace them with "Election Commissioner". I present the following discretionary edits to remedy those to the Assembly for discussion:

Elections Act

2. Electoral System

(3) Voters will have the option to cast their vote using either a public or a secret ballot. The method of private voting will be selected by the Election Commissioner. The method must utilize an unaffiliated account or server, with the method and all votes remaining available for audit. Named ballots are not to be released under any circumstances. Once cast, ballots in forum-based elections may not be altered.

4. Offices of the Cabinet

(1) On the first of every February, June and October, the Assembly will convene to elect the Prime Minister and the Cabinet.
a. For the first 4 days of the election period, legislators may declare their candidacy and campaign for only one position.
b. After 4 days, a campaign-only period of two days will start, where candidates may campaign and the Assembly will debate the merits of their platforms.
b c. After the campaign and declarations period, a voting period of 3 days will start. Legislators will cast their ballots for each position. Legislators may choose to abstain from voting on any or all positions.
[-] The following 1 user Likes anjo's post:
  • Rebeltopia

These have been implemented.
[Image: koC8Gf6.png]
[Image: Sl6mZCD.png] [Image: iEwICrf.png] [Image: IL1nUV5.png] [Image: RLU6NBO.png] [Image: MbXQuqv.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes anjo's post:
  • HumanSanity