The South Pacific
Admin/Mod Requests - Printable Version

+- The South Pacific (https://tspforums.xyz)
+-- Forum: Waterfront District (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Operations Center (https://tspforums.xyz/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: Admin/Mod Requests (/thread-2507.html)

RE: Admin/Mod Requests - Omega - 01-22-2018

I believe we have a consensus: http://tspforums.xyz/thread-5883.html

RE: Admin/Mod Requests - Roavin - 01-24-2018

Hi, the Cabinet would like to have the Situation Room merged into the regular Cabinet office, as the differentiation no longer makes sense ever since the GC16 and it's basically inconvenient deadweight. Thanks!

RE: Admin/Mod Requests - sandaoguo - 01-24-2018

(01-24-2018, 03:46 PM)Roavin Wrote: Hi, the Cabinet would like to have the Situation Room merged into the regular Cabinet office, as the differentiation no longer makes sense ever since the GC16 and it's basically inconvenient deadweight. Thanks!

It doesn't make much sense because you guys aren't appointing deputies and letting them have access. But deputies are a thing that the Charter still allows!

RE: Admin/Mod Requests - Roavin - 01-25-2018

Yes but no longer as explicit as it used to, and besides the paradigm has shifted in all three ministries. FA doesn't have a deputy but instead the FA team; RA doesn't have a deputy but instead the Advisory Council; MA doesn't have a deputy but rather the General Corps. The only additional person in Cabinet, both forum-side and Discord-side, is Tsunamy as senior advisor to the whole Cabinet.

RE: Admin/Mod Requests - Tsunamy - 01-25-2018

(01-25-2018, 01:16 AM)Roavin Wrote: Yes but no longer as explicit as it used to, and besides the paradigm has shifted in all three ministries. FA doesn't have a deputy but instead the FA team; RA doesn't have a deputy but instead the Advisory Council; MA doesn't have a deputy but rather the General Corps. The only additional person in Cabinet, both forum-side and Discord-side, is Tsunamy as senior advisor to the whole Cabinet.

More practical questions: What would you like to do with the Situation Room docs (since those weren't regularly released) and/or would you like the Cabinet office to be password protected now?

Admin/Mod Requests - sandaoguo - 01-25-2018

I don’t think we should be getting rid of the SitRoom just because a relative few people have decided not to use it. :/ Just don’t post in it if you don’t want to, and other Cabinets can make their own decisions about how they use the Cabinet forums. I don’t see the point in archiving it now only to revive it down the line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Admin/Mod Requests - Roavin - 01-25-2018

(01-25-2018, 09:30 AM)Tsunamy Wrote: More practical questions: What would you like to do with the Situation Room docs (since those weren't regularly released) and/or would you like the Cabinet office to be password protected now?

I've tagged those as [CLASSIFIED], and those would have to be skipped for Sunshine releases. If a thread was in the regular office or in the situation room didn't have much bearing on the indefinite classification status anyway. Plenty of Situation Room threads have been released.

I'm not fond of the password method. Peeps that are masked as Cabinet should have access, the others shouldn't. Passwords introduce a whole slew of problems...

(01-25-2018, 10:14 AM)sandaoguo Wrote: I don’t think we should be getting rid of the SitRoom just because a relative few people have decided not to use it. :/ Just don’t post in it if you don’t want to, and other Cabinets can make their own decisions about how they use the Cabinet forums. I don’t see the point in archiving it now only to revive it down the line.

That's pretty much what we've been doing.

Note that it wouldn't need archival - there already is a SitRoom archive. The existing SitRoom would just be merged into the regular office and removed.

Admin/Mod Requests - sandaoguo - 01-26-2018

And would have to be recreated down the line when another Cabinet wants to bring it back. If you don’t use it, then just don’t use it. It’s not an inconvenience if you don’t even enter it!

RE: Admin/Mod Requests - Roavin - 01-26-2018

Alrighty, we'll just use it as a storage for classified stuff then.

Admin/Mod Requests - Omega - 01-26-2018

Just out of curiosity has the admin team had a chance to look at the changes to shipwreck cove agreed to by an overwhelming consensus of the RP community?