We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Trump Presidency

It used to be that congressional Republicans took a stand against corrupt Republican President Richard Nixon. Those days are gone. Today's Republicans are complicit in the assault of the integrity of this country.
4× Cabinet minister /// 1× OWL director /// CRS member /// SPSF

My History

Hmmm... the people who Trump just fired were the same people who were leading/calling for the investigation into Russian interference in the election... How interesting...

And by interesting, I mean "seriously troubling", and "quite the abuse of power".
RandomGuy199
Representative of the Federal Republic of Karnetvor
Resident Venezuelan/Lampshade Bar & Grill Manager- The South Pacific
Soldier, South Pacific Special Forces

"You're talkin' to the Rolex wearin', diamond ring wearin', kiss stealin', wheelin' n' dealin', limousine ridin', jet flyin', son of a gun, and I'm having a hard time keeping these alligators down!"

"The Nature Boy" Ric Flair

It's not over yet. In Day 2 of the fallout, the Senate Intelligence Committee, different from the federal grand jury yesterday, has subpoenaed former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn for documents related to Russia. Jason Chaffetz, the Chair of the House Oversight Committee and a Republican who will not be running for reelection in 2018, has written a letter to the Inspector General of the Department of Justice to investigate the recommendation to remove Comey. Also, The Washington Post is reporting that 'the Deputy Attorney General threatened to quit after being cast as impetus of Comey's firing, which was already decided.' Jonathan Swan of Axios is reporting that Trump has been asking people about whether to fire Press Secretary Sean Spicer, "The President feels his press team poorly served him yesterday. He believes it was incompetence on their part, not lack of time."

My History

This article right here sums up my thoughts on this matter.
RandomGuy199

"You're talkin' to the Rolex wearin', diamond ring wearin', kiss stealin', wheelin' n' dealin', limousine ridin', jet flyin', son of a gun, and I'm having a hard time keeping these alligators down!"

The New York Times is reporting that Trump wanted Comey to pledge his loyalty to him. This is not normal. This is the kind of thing that happens in authoritarian dictatorships. An American's loyalty is to the Constitution, not the President.

My History

I just found out about this. Appparently, Dwayne Johnson, aka The Rock, former wrestling champion and now A-list actor, is considering running for president in 2020.

The world becomes more insane each day...
RandomGuy199

I mean: Why not? If Trump can achieve such a position, someone as popular as The Rock can do it too
Signed
Gianluca IV

Roleplayer (active in TSP since 2016)
TSPedia-Author
Head Bartender of the Lampshade Bar & Grill

Information about my roleplay
Pacifica GI-Land, Snolland (Hazelbrust), Guardian of the World Forum, IUFA-FWC/WFWC- and Pacivision Supervisor • 
Aurora Markatt (Maura)

Well, as long as he isn't a Republican or something, I have no problem with it.

Hell, if he uses this song when making public appearances, I'll be a happy man.
RandomGuy199

The Rock is a Republican, but let me tell you. He is very intelligent and a respectable Republican. He's like John Kasich. I honestly wouldn't mind voting for him.

Can you smell what the Prez is cooking?

My History

Can you believe what he did this time? The Washington Post, followed by The New York Times, reported that Trump shared highly classified information to Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov and Ambassador Sergey Kislyak. This is the exact same reason why Republicans said Hillary Clinton mustn't become President. Today, the United States just lost a crucial ally because the President couldn't keep his mouth shut. The source of this information is in serious danger, if not already dead, because of this orange buffoon.

Quote:
"President Trump revealed highly classified information to the Russian foreign minister and ambassador in a White House meeting last week, according to current and former U.S. officials, who said Trump’s disclosures jeopardized a critical source of intelligence on the Islamic State.

The information the president relayed had been provided by a U.S. partner through an intelligence-sharing arrangement considered so sensitive that details have been withheld from allies and tightly restricted even within the U.S. government, officials said.

The partner had not given the United States permission to share the material with Russia, and officials said Trump’s decision to do so endangers cooperation from an ally that has access to the inner workings of the Islamic State. After Trump’s meeting, senior White House officials took steps to contain the damage, placing calls to the CIA and the National Security Agency."
The Washington Post

"The intelligence disclosed by Mr. Trump in a meeting with Sergey V. Lavrov, the Russian foreign minister, and Sergey I. Kislyak, the Russian ambassador to the United States, was about an Islamic State plot, according to the officials. A foreign ally that closely guards its own secrets provided the information, which was considered so sensitive that American officials did not share it widely within the United States government or pass it on to other allies."
The New York Times

My History