We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[WITHDRAWN] Office of the Parliamentarian Act

(04-25-2018, 11:00 AM)Ryccia Wrote: This appears to me as adding an unnecessary job. Like Venezuela's state oil company adding thousands of jobs, whilst output and revenue remained largely the same.

I recall MoRA being responsible for overseeing and encouraging RP. Yet, for ages, it neglected that area, as the local population independently created our roleplay instead. Perhaps a mentorship, like they do in Europeia, is more acceptable? This mentorship would be done by LegCom.

And why the succession section? One of the things I would like to criticize about this bill is that most of the text is not about this Parliamentarian's intended functions, but about the rules, succession and whatnot regarding this position. The actual functions look like a footnote compared to the block of text. I may be exaggerating, however, so, ignore this.

With all due respect, I do not see the Parliamentarian as a unnecessary job. I believe that by establishing the office of the Parliamentarian, what you will see is a stop to the inaction to solve this issue, it's supposed to be solved a long time ago, and now we have to deal with this problem, it is unacceptable that we let this continue.
[Image: VCUpXJI.png1]

BZERNELEG 

South Pacifican. Public Servant. Creator. In that order.

Official Thread • Lampshade Broadcasting Company • The Tsunamy Institution of the Law and Public Policy

Messages In This Thread
RE: [DRAFT] Office of the Parliamentarian Act - by Bzerneleg - 04-26-2018, 08:18 AM