We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[DISCUSSION] Reorganization of the Assembly Forums and Archives

(03-19-2019, 07:34 AM)Roavin Wrote: The problem with that grouping is that a law may change. For example, LegComm used to be non-constitutional, and is now constitutional.

The goal isn't using this system to "tag" laws, it's a system to organize and find things. I'd say A.LPA.1 is a fine convention, where 1 is the initial introduction of the bill, and any number after 1 is an amendment to it.

What if we introduce an amendment to the Legislative Procedure Act, let's name it A.LPA.2. We bring the amendment to vote and it failed. Then another amendment to the Act got introduced, do we call it A.LPA.2 or A.LPA.3?

I think your idea of a system to organize and find things is pretty good and much more doable. I propose we organize debates and votes based on the laws concerned. What that means is, let's say, take the Legislative Procedure Act, any debate thread on the Act will be grouped together in the archive and all voting threads on the Act will be grouped together in the Voting Chamber archive. We will do that for all other laws. Other general discussions which are not related to any law can be grouped under a "Past Discussions" folder.
[Image: VCUpXJI.png1]

BZERNELEG 

South Pacifican. Public Servant. Creator. In that order.

Official Thread • Lampshade Broadcasting Company • The Tsunamy Institution of the Law and Public Policy

Messages In This Thread
RE: [DISCUSSION] Reorganization of the Assembly Forums and Archives - by Bzerneleg - 03-21-2019, 03:00 AM