We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[DISCUSSION] Reorganization of the Assembly Forums and Archives

I agree with Prarie, as most RL legislatures keep it simple in terms of numbering bills. Often, it would only include the initial(s) of the body and whatever the number they choose to give the bill. That depends on different legislatures, since some may choose to allocate a certain range of numbers to a specific type of bill (ex: 1-100 is for Private Member's Bills; 100-1000 for Government Bills). However, for legislatures like the US Congress, it is much simpler. You just have to number the bills based on the order of introduction. So for example, if I introduce the Llama Act and you introduce the Lampshade Act after me, the former would be A.1 and the latter, A.2.

With regards to Jebediah's proposal, I firstly would like to commend him for his work and contributions. I have read the proposal thoroughly and decided to make a edited version of it:

Quote:
Law Standards Act
An Act to define the standard of all laws in the Coalition of The South Pacific

2. Formatting of Bills and Amendments

(1) The code for a bill must contain the following:
a. The initial of the Assembly.
b. A number according to its position in the order of introduction of bills.

(2) The order of introduction shall be restarted at the end of every month.

(2) (3) Titles should be bolded and centered.

(3) (3) Subtitles should be italicized and centered.

(3) (4) The following should be observed for articles, sections, and sub-sections:
a. Articles should be numbered and bolded.
b. Sections should be numbered with parentheses, unless there is only one section without any sub-sections.
c. Sub-sections should be lettered with lowercase letters.

(4) (5) Addendums should be numbered and at the bottom of all bills, regardless of where the referenced material is in the bill, and placed in a quote box.

I acknowledge that the language in this amendment is not the best so please feel free to add any suggestions.
[Image: VCUpXJI.png1]

BZERNELEG 

South Pacifican. Public Servant. Creator. In that order.

Official Thread • Lampshade Broadcasting Company • The Tsunamy Institution of the Law and Public Policy

Messages In This Thread
RE: [DISCUSSION] Reorganization of the Assembly Forums and Archives - by Bzerneleg - 03-25-2019, 10:02 AM