We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[DISCUSSION] Reorganization of the Assembly Forums and Archives

Here's what I think we should do:

We should try to maintain a balance between specificity and generalization.

The current bill numbering system allows players to find out the month of which the bill was voted upon, while also includes all types of proposals, such as amendments or nominations.

I suggest that we continue to use the current bill numbering system, though I'd like to make some minor changes:

Knowing that our current bill numbering system is as follows:

AYYMM.OI
(YY - year; MM - month; OI - order of introduction)

Its current prefix, which is 'A' will be changed to:
  • AB (for bills, amendment bills and repeals)
  • A.Res (for Assembly resolutions, will only include year and order of introduction)
  • CN (for cabinet nominations)
  • CEO (for Cabinet executive orders, will only include year and order of introduction)

Examples
  • The Amendment to Article 1 of the Legislative Procedure Act was introduced yesterday. It was the first bill to be introduced this month. Its code will therefore be AB.1904.01.
  • The Assembly Resolution on Lampshade Production was introduced two months ago. It was the third resolution to be introduced this year. Its code will therefore be A.Res.1903
  • The Cabinet nominated Rebeltopia to the High Court on Monday. It was the first nomination this year. Its code will therefore be CN1901.
  • The Cabinet submitted an Executive Order to the Assembly yesterday. It was the fourth Executive Order of the year. Its code will therefore be CEO1904
[Image: VCUpXJI.png1]

BZERNELEG 

South Pacifican. Public Servant. Creator. In that order.

Official Thread • Lampshade Broadcasting Company • The Tsunamy Institution of the Law and Public Policy

[-] The following 2 users Like Bzerneleg's post:
  • Amerion, Poppy

Messages In This Thread
RE: [DISCUSSION] Reorganization of the Assembly Forums and Archives - by Bzerneleg - 04-03-2019, 03:59 AM