We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[ADG] Delegate's Briefing X

[Image: 5jcgLkd.png]

[Image: uaRQUly.png]

[Image: NPKgMLd.png]

My Dear Minions,

It is my pleasure to present to you the Tenth Edition of the Delegate's Briefing, the fortnightly summary of the Supreme Leader's government's activities.

I hope that each and every one of my Minions have enjoyed a Merry Christmas! No doubt this has once again proven to be a year full of great challenges and for many of us, more so in the last few weeks. We are, however, a resilient region full of players who are equally so and I sincerely wish that you, as the player behind the nation, may find some small comfort in this weird and wonderful game we call NationStates.

Speaking of which, the past fortnight has seen many changes in the makeup of your government. I note with sadness the departure of Nyxonia who has stepped down from their role as Minister of Engagement. The subsequent special election called for the vacancy is taking place as we speak. So too is a regular election being convened in the Assembly for the Chair — an important role that functions as the speaker of the legislative branch of the Coalition. This too shall conclude momentarily and I look forward to extending the region's well wishes to the new officeholders.

I am also pleased to welcome back Qvait to the Council on Regional Security. The long-time public servant and South Pacifican had previously stepped down from their role on the Council to serve as a member of the South Pacific Special Forces but following an amendment which allowed for non-World Assembly members, the Council was resolute in nominating Qvait to once again serve in securing the region.

On that important note, may I encourage you, my dear Minion, to consider joining the World Assembly. This is a critical element in NationStates and it is one where you can assist the Coalition in both increasing your own influence as a nation along with buttressing the defences of the South Pacific. Doing so involves endorsing both myself as the Admiral Delegate General as well as the esteemed members of the Council ~ Farengeto, Kringalia, PenguinPies, Sandaoguo and Tsunamy. I am sincerely appreciative of your help!

This will be one of my final addresses in the capacity as Admiral Delegate General. I have decided to step down in the next election come January to make way for new talent in what is one of the most important roles in the South Pacific. It has been an honour to have once again been entrusted by you with the Delegacy and I can only hope as we wind down both the year and my term, that I have done you proud.

Thank you for your unwavering support these past several months. I wish you all the very best and a Happy New Year for 2022!!!

Your Supreme Leader,
Amerion

Admiral Delegate General of the South Pacific

[Image: MPPdoWV.png]

The Supreme Leader of all Minions, His Majesty, the Admiral Delegate General Stewie G., Delegate of the South Pacific, the Magnificent Ultimate Leader of all of NationStates, High Autocrat of the New Minion Order, King of Kings, Democratic President and Prime-Minister-For-Life, Chairman and Supreme General Secretary Admiral of the People’s Republic of the South Pacific, Invincible and All-Triumphant Lord Commander, Grand Dentist of the Ice Cream Association, Chief Ophthalmologist and board-certified Dermatologist of the South Pacific Special Forces, Brilliant Genius of Humanity, Noble Prize winner in everything but Peace, and Benevolent Oppressor and Ruthless Protector of the Expendable People of Amerion.

[Image: 52Mm0PZ.png]

[Image: f290SAW.png]

Day
WA Minion Population
WA Proportion of Regional Population (%)
Total Number of the Supreme Leader’s Endorsements
WA Minion Population Endorsing the Supreme Leader (%)
Total Number of Endorsements
Cross-Endorsement Rate (%)
Monday, 13 December 2021
Tuesday, 14 December 2021
Wednesday, 15 December 2021
Thursday, 16 December 2021
Friday, 17 December 2021
Saturday, 18 December 2021
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
Sunday, 19 December 2021
Monday, 20 December 2021
Tuesday, 21 December 2021
Wednesday, 22 December 2021
Thursday, 23 December 2021
Friday, 24 December 2021
Saturday, 25 December 2021
Sunday, 26 December 2021

[Image: YsvmDAz.png]

The Portrait of the South Pacific is a graphical representation of all the World Assembly nations in the South Pacific and the endorsements between them. It is hoped that this portrait will show Minions how large and dynamic this region is. If the nation is too small to see below, Minions can click on the image to view the full-size version and then zoom.

What does the Portrait show?

⦿ Each circle represents a nation. Each grey line with a small arrow between the circles represents an endorsement. The direction of the arrow indicates who has endorsed who.

⦿ The size of each circle represents the number of endorsements the nation represented by the circle has. The larger the size, the higher the endorsement count.

⦿ The colour of each circle represents how many nations are currently being endorsed by that nation. The cooler the colour, the higher the number of nations being endorsed.

The information presented here is provided courtesy of the Southern World Assembly Initiative (SWAN), a government-affilerated program led by United States of Vietnam.

[Image: NLONgJb.png]

[Image: jUbqxXW.png]
[Image: 5DLAIi8.png]
[Image: aPDcz2g.png]
[Image: Y8QmzKx.png]
[Image: 4NmKd5c.png]
[Image: KdtMrqH.png]
Vacant
Vacant

[Image: 80aF39f.png]

⦿ 16 December | Prime Minister HumanSanity presented a Motion for Recall against Minister of Engagement Nyxonia (also known as Tishers). In a speech to the Assembly, the Prime Minister outlined the "reasons of dereliction of duty and failure to abide by reasonable Cabinet guidelines for communications" and detailed the rationale underpinning these claims. The motion followed an unannounced departure of Nyxonia from the South Pacific's Discord server and relocation of their nation from the region. There was no public announcement from Nyxonia before the Prime Minister put forward the motion.

⦿ 17 December | The Admiral Delegate General and Supreme Leader of the South Pacific, Amerion, announced that they will not be re-contesting the next Delegate election. In a speech titled 'coup', the Benevolent Autocrat of the Coalition said that while it has been an "honour to have once again served as your Admiral Delegate General", a "sense of renewal is what compels me to step down in the coming months. The Delegacy is a powerful tool in the arsenal of regional growth. It is our most public of offices and its potential is, I believe, only limited by the imagination of its officeholder. In that vein, I trust that there are many South Pacificans who have both the creativity, drive, and most importantly, the trust of Minions, to propel the Coalition to greater heights." The election process for the Delegacy is scheduled to commence on 1 January 2022.

⦿ 17 December | Following the abrupt departure of Minister of Engagement Nyxonia from the Coalition along with the subsequent Motion for Recall presented on 16 December, a brief notice was issued by Nyxonia and communicated through PenguinPies where the Minister stated that "I hereby resign my position as a member of the Coral Guard for the South Pacific and all of my other offices and titles held within the region. I do not need the stress of dealing with competing demands upon my personal life and family relationships. Tishers [Nyxonia]". No subsequent action was taken on the Motion which rest dormant in the Assembly's chambers.

⦿ 18 December | The Assembly confirms the nomination presented by the Council on Regional Security for Qvait (Jay) to join the Council. Qvait had previously stepped down from the Council to serve in the South Pacific Special Forces. Following an amendment to the Charter, members of the Council are no longer required to hold World Assembly membership.

⦿ 23 December | The Chair of the Assembly elections has progressed to the final stage with the beginning of the voting period. The elections, which will conclude on 26 December, will see a Legislator elected by the Assembly to oversee the legislative branch for the next four months.

⦿ 23 December | In response to the vacancy created by the then-Minister of Engagement Nyxonia's resignation, a special election for the Ministry was called by Election Commissioner Kringalia. The election will conclude on 26 December.

[Image: JFcDBN8.png]

[Image: j47DNNM.png][Image: iPbt0nU.png]
[Image: oBEFc6G.png][Image: L9pGZJk.png]

At the time of publication, there is one proposal at vote in the World Assembly. In consultation with the Office of WA Legialtion (OWL), the Supreme Leader has cast the above vote for this proposal.

In the past two weeks, the Admiral Delegate General voted as follows:

[Image: Ykrypg4.png]
[Image: dbumGKp.png]
[Image: keJ2oHE.png]
[Image: xWgpDlB.png]
[Image: u0Cf4YI.png]

A complete record of the High Autocrat's votes is available here.

'No Rec' or No Recommendation indicates a vote where, in the absence of a recommendation from the OWL, the Admiral Delegate General did not immediately cast a ballot in the World Assembly. The accompanying colour (green/red) indicates how the Supreme Leader ultimately voted in line with the majority of the South Pacific's WA Minions.

[-] The following 2 users Like Amerion's post:
  • Konsa, Moon