We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Introducing the SPSF Data Portal

PRESS RELEASE

[Image: defense-full-color.svg]

INTRODUCING THE SPSF DATA PORTAL

16 April 2022

Fellow South Pacificans,

The South Pacific Special Forces is among the largest and most active militaries in the game. Today, I'm pleased to announce the public release of the new SPSF Data Portal to help South Pacificans stay up-to-date with all that their military does.

Within the portal, separate views are available to view all records collected in SPSF archives, records from the previous month, or records from a specific time period. It is my hope that this new resource will offer greater public transparency and clarity on operations conducted by the SPSF.

To provide some context for those less familiar with military jargon:
  • NationStates server updates occur at 12:00am and 12:00pm Eastern Time each day and are when the vast majority of military operations take place.
  • When SPSF personnel successfully intercept raiders moving into a region in order to prevent them from taking control, this is recorded as a defense.
  • SPSF personnel detag regions to clear vandalism or promotional materials imposed by raider forces by force.
  • Liberations are operations to free regions from raider occupation.
  • Sieges are attrition operations intended to reduce raider influence in occupied regions to prevent regional destruction and/or to enable a liberation.
  • In support operations, personnel endorse native delegates of other regions in order to offer temporarily increased security.
With these records now up to date, service records for the month of March are now available here. For this month, 14 different SPSF personnel deployed over 46 updates. I'd also like to specifically congratulate @HumanSanity for their impressive efforts to participate in over 100 detagging operations.

If what the SPSF does looks interesting to you, we're always welcoming new members! You can apply here.

Lux, Veritas, Virtus.

Faithfully yours,

Minister of Defense,
Pronoun

[Image: defence-line-color.svg]

[Image: flag%20of%20esfalsa%20animated.svg] Esfalsa | NationStatesWiki | Roleplay | Discord

[Image: rank_officer.min.svg] [Image: updates_lifetime_2.min.svg] [Image: defenses_lifetime_4.min.svg] [Image: detags_lifetime_3.min.svg]
[-] The following 5 users Like Pronoun's post:
  • HumanSanity, Jay Coop, Moon, Purple Hyacinth, The Haughtherlands

Thank you so much. I can't tell you how many times I wished the SPSF would do this.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System
[-] The following 3 users Like Kris Kringle's post:
  • HumanSanity, Jay Coop, Pronoun

Thank you Pronoun! This solution is a vast improvement over the work Luca and I did last year.
Minister of Foreign Affairs
General of the South Pacific Special Forces
Ambassador to Balder
Former Prime Minister and Minister of Defense

[Image: rank_general.min.svg] [Image: updates_lifetime_3.min.svg] [Image: detags_lifetime_4.min.svg] [Image: defenses_lifetime_4.min.svg]

[Image: ykXEqbU.png]