We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[ASSEMBLY] Assembly Education Program

As you may know, the Assembly Mentorship Program is and has been down. I plan to change that. There are significant differences though: this revival will not pair you with a mentor, it will put you in a class headed by a teacher; teachers must follow a syllabus, albeit on their own time with their own methods of teaching. Given that there should be more students per teacher, not too many teachers will be appointed. Students can be citizens who don't hold legislatorship. Suggestions on changes can be made below. This program will not start for a bit.

Teachers
  • Must have been a legislator for a time
  • Must be able to teach students effectively
  • Must have time to teach
Students
  • No prerequisites required
  • Must have legislatorship for the Practice Course
Both
  • Discord strongly recommended
  • A document service (e.g. Microsoft Word / Google Docs) is strongly recommended
Syllabus
Information Course
  • What is the Assembly? Students will learn what is the Assembly, its purpose, and how to join.
  • What to do in the Assembly? Students will learn the basics of what they can do in the Assembly.
  • Legislator Etiquette Students will learn the proper etiquette and code of conduct of the Assembly.
  • Laws of the Assembly Students will learn about and form an understanding of the laws of the Assembly.
  • How to draft bills Students will learn the law standards and how to think of and properly draft a bill.
  • How to debate bills Students will learn good and proper debate methods.
  • How to vote on bills Students will learn how to vote on bills.
Tutorial Course
  • Draft and propose Students will draft and propose a bill to each other.
  • Debate Students will debate on said bill with each other.
  • Vote Students will vote on their peers' bills.
Practice Course
  • Draft and propose Students will draft and propose a bill to the Assembly.
  • Debate Students will debate on said bill with other legislators.
  • Vote Students will vote on bills in the Assembly.

If you would like to apply to the program, state your intentions below (teacher | student), why you want to join, and any extra information you believe to be valuable.

TeachersStudents
@Bistritza
@Pētea
@Killer
@Evinea_

Even though I have been a legislator for a bit, I would like to be a student to learn how to be a more effective and responsible member of the Assembly.

Man Chair-Assembly I really wish you've informed me earlier on this when the Chief of Justice recommended I take on the rework. I've already drafted some changes to the original document.

The specifics of the draft are a nuisance, though defining a
Quote: permanent, voluntary institution of free association
was a vital goal I had in mind. Reason was to avoid the issue of a 'dying but still relevant' thread.
The AEP would be a good framework to start with, as it is the Assembly. However, introducing free student-mentor associations based on a given student's aspirations towards a specific office and the mentor's experience in said aspired office would also be very fruitful for the Coalition going forward.
I suppose that the nature of these programs, education regarding the Assembly and the government as a whole, could be lead along one-another, if given enough interest for mentorship. Et all, the voluntary and permanent nature are a core significance as to avoid the precedent set by the AMP.