We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Confirming interest in keeping your plot
Exclamation 
Fellow residents of TSP and roleplayers,

it is time for another purge of the map. With the transition to Discourse, the map management team has decided on revising the rules for claiming a plot on our official map. Those were announced first by @Qwert over on the TSPRP-Discord server on 8 August 2022.
According to the new rules, any person owning a plot must not only have a nation on NationStates in TSP, but must also have the intent to roleplay. Furthermore the chosen nation name must sound reasonable/realistic!

Other major changes to our rules include cool-down periods to claim a second and third plot, the plan to regularly conduct "purges" to clean the map of inactive nations (Unlike this one here, purges will not be advertised broadly in the future anymore!!!) and a more precise definition of "permanent nations":
Quote:6. Permanent nations
a) In order to preserve the common regional canon history when a claim meets the removal criteria, they may be protected from removal as “permanent nation(s)” under the following conditions:
  1. the nation they belong to has played a crucial role in the IC history of several nations that belong to active roleplayers, and/or
  2. has had a leading role in the establishment and/or roleplay of a canon international organisation or equivalent
b) It is under the map management’s volition to grant nations permanence. Players can nominate other players’ nations for permanence.
  1. “Nation with major significance” - all plots the player has claimed remain on the regional map. The status is granted to all nations with major significance to the canon’s history, e.g. main participants of the GW or groups of nations that developed a solid common history for a region on the map (e.g. X-Med, X-Frastinia)
  2. “Nation with referencial significance” - the nation with referencial significance will be removed from the regional map, but they can still be considered to exist and canon in another part of the world on the extra-TSP lands (e.g. nowadays inactive WF founding states, IUFA/PSC participants), because they are continuously referenced in RP in that capacity. The status can be granted retroactively.
  3. Permanent nations and their status will be shown on the forum and/or TSPedia.

There are several nations currently protected by a status of permanence similar to what is defined here as "nation with major significance", however we still ask every player to fill out the form below completely and truthfully.

The map management team/roleplay moderation team will decide, whether some of the currently permanent nations may be demoted to being a nation with referencial significance or whether a new nation gets granted some level of permanence. You may nominate nations too, that you think would deserve permanence under our new rules. Please provide an explanation, why you think the nations should be protected from erasure from our canon.

There is currently still no ETA for the start of the new forum, however as things currently stand, the change shall allegedly not happen until after the first week of September, thus we'll give you time until 4 September 2022, 24:00 h CEST (~2 weeks) to post, whether you want to stay on the map (and be active in our roleplay community in the near- to mid-term future). Please be aware, that we define "roleplay" for our map solely as roleplay in the Pacifica canon, so if you have the intent to roleplay, but over on the RMB or only in the Aurora canon, we cannot grant you a plot on the map.

Code:
[b]Link(s) to your NationStates nation(s):[/b] [LINK]

[b]Name(s) of your nation(s): [INSERT NAME(S)][/b]
[ ] The name(s) of my nation(s) sound(s) realistic.
[ ] The name(s) of my nation(s) could be unrealistic. I provide following reason, why the nation is named like this: [INSERT REASONING]

If the map management team does not think, the name sounds realistic or cannot follow the provided reasoning:
[ ] I provide following more realistic alternative names to choose from: [INSERT ALT NAMES]
[ ] I accept the map management team freely choosing a name for my nation for me.
[ ] I do not want to stay on the map any further.

The map management team will inform you of its decisions.

[b]Intent to Roleplay[/b]
[ ] I have the intent to participate in roleplay in the Pacifica canon within this year still (= within the next four months).
[ ] I have the intent to participate in roleplay in the Pacifica canon, but cannot do so [CHOOSE: within this year still | until [INSERT DATE]], because [INSERT REASONING]

[i]Note:[/i] Participation in the Pacifica canon can consist of writing articles on TSPedia, roleplaying on the forum or being active in canon-related discussions on the TSP-RP Discord server. In other words: Generally by bringing activity and some form of merit to the canon.
If you checked the latter box, we might still grant you a plot on the map, if we have seen you being significantly active in the past and have reasonable confidence for you coming back to TSP RP in the mid-term future. We inform you, if your reasoning is not sufficient to grant you a continous plot on the visible map.

[b]Nominations for permanent nations[/b]
[ ] I nominate the following nations/roleplayers to be granted a status of permanence on the map: [INSERT NATION(S) AND REASON FOR NOMINATION(S)]

Thank you for filling out the form. I'm looking forward to continue playing with you in the future! Smile
Signed
Gianluca IV

Roleplayer (active in TSP since 2016)
TSPedia-Author
Head Bartender of the Lampshade Bar & Grill

Information about my roleplay
Pacifica GI-Land, Snolland (Hazelbrust), Guardian of the World Forum, IUFA-FWC/WFWC- and Pacivision Supervisor • 
Aurora Markatt (Maura)
[-] The following 5 users Like GI-Land's post:
  • A bee, Klô, Maverick, Qwert, UPRAN

Link(s) to your NationStates nation(s): https://www.nationstates.net/nation=rhayna

Name(s) of your nation(s): Rhayna, UPRAN, United Provinces of Rhayna, Alla-gy and Néa-gy
[X] The name(s) of my nation(s) sound(s) realistic.
[ ] The name(s) of my nation(s) could be unrealistic. I provide following reason, why the nation is named like this: [INSERT REASONING]

If the map management team does not think, the name sounds realistic or cannot follow the provided reasoning:
[ ] I provide following more realistic alternative names to choose from: [INSERT ALT NAMES]
[X] I accept the map management team freely choosing a name for my nation for me.

Intent to Roleplay
[X] I have the intent to participate in roleplay in the Pacifica canon within this year still (= within the next four months).
[ ] I have the intent to participate in roleplay in the Pacifica canon, but cannot do so [CHOOSE: within this year still | until [INSERT DATE]], because [INSERT REASONING]

Note: Participation in the Pacifica canon can consist of writing articles on TSPedia, roleplaying on the forum or being active in canon-related discussions on the TSP-RP Discord server. In other words: Generally by bringing activity and some form of merit to the canon.
If you checked the latter box, we might still grant you a plot on the map, if we have seen you being significantly active in the past and have reasonable confidence for you coming back to TSP RP in the mid-term future. We inform you, if your reasoning is not sufficient to grant you a continous plot on the visible map.

Nominations for permanent nations
[ ] I nominate the following nations/roleplayers to be granted a status of permanence on the map: [INSERT NATION(S) AND REASON FOR NOMINATION(S)]
[-] The following 2 users Like UPRAN's post:
  • GI-Land, Imperial Frost Federation

Link(s) to your NationStates nation(s): https://www.nationstates.net/nation=the_...federation

Name(s) of your nation(s): Frost Empire, Reizen (Frost Empire) and the Termina Commerce Confederacy
[X ] The name(s) of my nation(s) sound(s) realistic.

[ ] I accept the map management team freely choosing a name for my nation for me.

Intent to Roleplay
[X] I have the intent to participate in roleplay in the Pacifica canon within this year still (= within the next four months).

Note: Participation in the Pacifica canon can consist of writing articles on TSPedia, roleplaying on the forum or being active in canon-related discussions on the TSP-RP Discord server. In other words: Generally by bringing activity and some form of merit to the canon.

Just call me Frost

Roleplayer,
Former member of the Pool of Justices

King of the Hill
[-] The following 1 user Likes Imperial Frost Federation's post:
  • GI-Land

Link(s) to your NationStates nation(s): https://www.nationstates.net/nation=proctethia

Name(s) of your nation(s): Kofa Prosconi
[X] The name(s) of my nation(s) could be unrealistic. I provide following reason, why the nation is named like this: “Kofa Prosconi” comes from the native Prosconi language (Mata Prosconi), meaning “Land of the Prosconi people”.

[X] I provide following more realistic alternative names to choose from: Kofaprosconi, Prosconikofa, Prosconi Kofa, Prosconiland
[X] I accept the map management team freely choosing a name for my nation for me.

Intent to Roleplay
[-] The following 1 user Likes Proctethia's post:
  • GI-Land

CODE:
Link(s) to your NationStates nation(s): https://www.nationstates.net/nation=ikaranara

Name(s) of your nation(s):Ikaranara, Akon bay, Past ]
[ ] The name(s) of my nation(s) could be unrealistic. I provide following reason, why the nation is named like this: Ikaranara is the combination of of the names of the three tribes that make it up (Ikarn, Ranaras, Narus), Past is a shortened version of the name given to that area by the Ikaranareans while they ruled it (Pastrala, Land of the Storytellers) Akon bay is the historical name of that island

[X] I provide following more realistic alternative names to choose from: For Past: Aldrana, which is the native name. Ikaranara and Akon are non-negotiable

[NO] I accept the map management team freely choosing a name for my nation for me.
[NO] I do not want to stay on the map any further.

Intent to Roleplay

Note: Participation in the Pacifica canon can consist of writing articles on TSPedia, roleplaying on the forum or being active in canon-related discussions on the TSP-RP Discord server. In other words: Generally by bringing activity and some form of merit to the canon.
From Triagular tribes to multiethnic Imperium, these three names are seen throughout all of history.

Ikarn
Narus (Narûs)
Ranaras
[-] The following 1 user Likes Flaming's post:
  • GI-Land

since it's every player and not necessarily plot owner;

Link(s) to your NationStates nation(s): https://www.nationstates.net/nation=beestreetz ; https://www.nationstates.net/nation=the_orange_records (unrelated to RP)

Name(s) of your nation(s): ["Associated Clans of Viliakmon"]
[Yes.] The name(s) of my nation(s) sound(s) realistic.
[Yes.] The name(s) of my nation(s) could be unrealistic. I provide following reason, why the nation is named like this: [Bregoderian and Kretti don't have their own page yet]

[X] I accept the map management team freely choosing a name for my nation for me.*

Intent to Roleplay
[~] I have the intent to participate in roleplay in the Pacifica canon, but cannot do so [CHOOSE: within this year still | until 26th Aug-2nd September, because [Disclosed for the public, the team knows.]

-[Plot 050] I nominate the following nations/roleplayers to be granted a status of permanence on the map: [Viliakmon AND Activity; No territorial disputes over Plot 050 exist].
-Any other user-nation who has shown activity in the past 5 months.
-Historically important nations whose users are inactive (placed under AI?).
(?)Exchanging geographically illogical territories and discrepancies (e.g. from Keyli to the Rainbow Islands), if they have not been elaborated prior to this, through extensive lore.

Link(s) to your NationStates nation(s): https://www.nationstates.net/nation=doge_land

Name(s) of your nation(s): Doge Land (+ Shibe Islands)
[ ] The name(s) of my nation(s) sound(s) realistic.
[X] The name(s) of my nation(s) could be unrealistic. I provide following reason, why the nation is named like this: In Doge Land, there is an abundance of dogs. So naturally, the original settlers of Doge Land would call themselves dog land, right? No. They just called themselves Dog. In standard Doge Landian, the word for dog is spelled dusy and pronounced /dɑse/, however in south-coastal Doge Landian dialect, where the Austral Empire first encountered Doge Landians, ɑ becomes o and s becomes d͡ʒ, which causes dase to sound like doge. So, the Austral Empire comes, sees people calling themselves "doge," and calls the land they live in Doge Land and the people they meet Doge Landians. Over time, however, the denonym that Doge Landians have for themselves changed from dusy (dog) to Etmtsllesy. Nobody's sure why it happened, but the exonym still stuck and that's why it's called Doge Land.

Shibe Islands I would think are pretty simple. Doge Land has shibes, so they name the islands after the shibe. And then islands because they are islands. Shibe Islands.

[X] I provide following more realistic alternative names to choose from: Weccandia (I don't really want to use this name for Doge Land but if you must, I can deal with it)

Intent to Roleplay
"After he realizes this newfound power of his to override the hopes and dreams of republicans, he puts all of the united provinces under his control."
one time minister of culture

[Image: rank_trainee.min.svg] [Image: updates_lifetime_1.min.svg] [Image: detags_lifetime_2.min.svg]
[-] The following 2 users Like im_a_waffle1's post:
  • A bee, GI-Land

Link(s) to your NationStates nation(s): https://www.nationstates.net/nation=petea

Name(s) of your nation(s): Pētea
[ X ] The name(s) of my nation(s) sound(s) realistic.

[ X ] I accept the map management team freely choosing a name for my nation for me.

Intent to Roleplay
[ X ] I have the intent to participate in roleplay in the Pacifica canon within this year still (= within the next four months).

Will begin to write RP when I finish settling from an immigration currently preoccupying my attention
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pētea's post:
  • GI-Land

Link(s) to your NationStates nation(s):

Name(s) of your nation(s): Kliegme

Intent to Roleplay
[x] I have the intent to participate in roleplay in the Pacifica canon within this year still (= within the next four months).
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kliegme's post:
  • GI-Land

Link(s) to your NationStates nation(s): Qvait

Name(s) of your nation(s): Valkyria (plots 064 and 124), Hystaiga (plot 061)

Intent to Roleplay

4× Cabinet minister /// 1× OWL director /// CRS member /// SPSF

My History
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jay Coop's post:
  • GI-Land