We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Repeal of War Declarations

We are at war with Gatesville and the Greater German Reich. I think both wars made sense in their time, but not anymore. We declared war on Gatesville for being an instrumental part in the couping of Osiris, considering the latter was an ally of ours. That is no longer the case, we don't even have diplomatic relations with Osiris, a region whose current regime is not even the one we were once allied with. We joined the Coalition against the Greater German Reich in a context of extreme opposition to Nazism in NationStates, and while we should still continue opposing that, there is hardly the momentum or the necessity to fight this ideology through war.

I think we need to accept reality, which is that we are not actively fighting these wars, nor are we likely to do so in the future. I would like to motion the repeal of the Declaration of War against Gatesville, the withdrawal of the South Pacific from the Coalition against the Greater German Reich and the repeal of the Declaration of War against the Greater German Reich.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

I support this, but I'd like to hear other peoples opinions on this before it goes to vote.

I don't care about the GGR, but Gatesville... well. They're another kettle of fish and not anything I want to touch. I will not do any form of business with them. I will not so much as touch them with a 10ft pole.

If I never see the name of their... region again, it'll be too soon.

They still remain on the prohibited groups/organizations list, but a state of war has long since worn them down to nothing. This seems long overdo. I get the feeling the war declarations were lost to time and forgotten. No official statement was made to conclude the end of the war.

I would support the end of the wars.

Does the SPSF have any comments about this?

I would suggest that we make this two proposals. Some may be in favour of keeping our stance on one, but not the other.

Agreed, but I intend to vote for repealing both.
The Third Imperium
Journalist, South Pacific Independent News Network (SPINN)

Provost, Magisterium
Sergeant, East Pacific Sovereign Army
Journalist, East Pacific News Service

Foreign Affairs Minister, The West Pacific

I would hold the votes separately.

Will Gatesville membership remain prohibited if the declaration of war is repealed?